No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember when we got pick 1 for finishing last but the cfl gave carltoon pick 1 instead ?
Then we ended up with a three time premiership captain and Brownlow medalist

That club need to just **** off, how many number one picks and priority picks have the had? ****ing joke of a club
Saints, norf n gold coast should all be folded and players split around the league with Tassie team getting a few extras

Yes, we’ve never finished a season with 2 wins since inception. This even includes the pre-1908 days of the VFA from what I remember
how many times have we had 3 wins in a season ?

north are playing for a priority pick..
comically useless
if we finish last we should ask for a pp on the basis that its our worst season in history w/l wise

Cats fixture guy "I've given us a golden draw and we'll finish the year at home against West Coast at home"
wait for the complaining if they get a home final, we want it at abcd park. Remember it’s a Home state final as per the rules of the game.

the specs are off, what I'm saying is you need to look at the game beyond W/L especially in lean years
when you look back at the history of the Richmond Football club's history there will be a picture of louie for 2023/24

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many times have we had 3 wins in a season ?
For the equivalent of less than 4 wins, we have:

VFA
1890: 3 wins, 1 draw
1891: 2 wins, 3 draws
1893: 2 wins, 4 draws
1896: 3 wins, 0 draws
1897: 2 wins, 1 draw

VFL/AFL
1912: 3 wins, 0 draws
1917: 3 wins, 1 draw
1953: 3 wins, 1 draw
1960: 2 wins, 2 draws

So losing today would put this season on the bottom for both our VFA and VFL/AFL days.

I don’t really care about the VFA days though because we’re currently not in the same league tbh. Only care about post-1908.

Winning today will put us level with our 1912 and 1960 seasons in terms of win-loss points.

Only thing is that our percentage in 1912 was 64.7% and our percentage in 1960 was 66.7%. We’re currently sitting at 63.4%, so it’s possible that we might still have our worst VFL/AFL season ever even if we beat Gold Coast.

Is it worth beating Gold Coast to avoid this and miss out on pick 1 as a result? Not too sure tbh, but this is definitely not a record we want.

IMG_3113.jpeg IMG_3112.jpeg IMG_3111.jpeg

Is it time to scrap the bouncing the ball rule? This campaigner from Hawthorn has taken possession of the ball about 49 metres out, run to the pocket, and run back infield to improve the angle and kick from 25 metres out - without taking a bounce! Even if he’d run in a straight line, he’d have gone 24 metres but, given the arc he’s gone on, I think he’s probably run over 30 metres!

How weak is West Coast? Probably the least resilient teams in the competition. We probably showed more resilience in our 2-win season than they are right now

An absolute abomination right now. Hung onto Simpson way too long and this is the result. It's also why you need to be careful when you back the coach in for too long cause it can also go the other way and destroy the fabric of your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back