No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

wankley and slobbo talked about 2024 umpiring flashpoints. none of our games. Never is any of our games
Cripps and Howe to talk about umpiring lol.

Cmon Weazle Wankley,stop BSing us.

We actually have Laura Kane apologising to Brad Scott for an umpiring mistake or two they made yesterday against the Bombers.
We have been ****ed over for years including an arc decision that cost us a final and not a peep from the Afl.
The sport is cooked. I used to love watching other games, I honestly havent watched a non Tigers game for months.
I dont feel like I have missed anything.
This is spot on... I was the same, some weekends I'd watch every game. I just watch our dumpster fire matches and move on

Whateley taking the week off to escape the umpiring,Geelong game.

Essendon got a crap load of frees in the first half but then the whole umpiring did a u-turn in the 3rd quarter.

Steve Hocking Mc Hammered the microphone.

Something went on,that's for sure.

Tonight’s Watch List had some great footage of Carlton’s organisation when they played us. They’re well drilled and committed to doing the hard work without the ball. A real contrast to the way we’re currently playing.

Tonight’s Watch List had some great footage of Carlton’s organisation when they played us. They’re well drilled and committed to doing the hard work without the ball. A real contrast to the way we’re currently playing.
To be fair, they bloody well should be... Crazy vossy has had the list for 3 years now.

He's got weapons everywhere

We are 17th on the ladder and you think there are positives atm?
how long were we in the wilderness and how long since we had a Pearler of a draft pick

Brett, Trent and Dustin say Hi as picks 1,2 and 3

might be adding a bit of mayonnaise here but I am seeing at least 10 premiership medallions
Dustin and Trent = 6 plus probably 4 or 5 again with the crafty wheeling and dealing we done with the Lids picks we got....Caddy and Prestia spring to mind plus others with the pick swaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how long were we in the wilderness and how long since we had a Pearler of a draft pick

might be adding a bit of mayonnaise here but I am seeing at least 10 premiership medallions
Dustin and Trent = 6 plus probably 4 or 5 again with the crafty wheeling and dealing we done with the Lids picks we got....Caddy and Prestia spring to mind plus others with the pick swaps.
We’ve wasted a lot of picks by picking poorly. We only planned short term and didn’t look into the future. Poor trades, poor bedroom choices, poor leadership, poor assistants, poor contracts, poor drafting, poor recruiting, poor fitness and medical staff and poor CEO who was busy building a resume’ so he could piss off.
It’s not only about draft picks , but more about the people at the top who build the club , especially the FD.
Excuses never get you results. You work on eliminating the negatives and the positives will come. The club has failed to do this and more negatives have been the net outcome.

Last edited:

With the lids pick we got balta and cam Coleman jones

None of you were any different when we were first on the ladder. So the point stands.

We come into the season with about the 9th best list. If absolutely everything went right, we might get into the top 4. If absolutely everything went wrong, we might get into the bottom 4.

Absolutely everything went wrong. Another year absolutely everything would go right, we would get into the top 4, losing finals because we are only the 9th best list, and you would be telling us everything the club should have done differently. That much is a given, we know it going into each season.

Top 4 is keen, that would assume even with everyone fit, our older players could bring the week in/week out intensity to get us there. For me at best we could have been in the mix for 8th.

We haven't just gone bad though, we are actually 6 wins below 13th after just 15 matches.

Top 4 is keen, that would assume even with everyone fit, our older players could bring the week in/week out intensity to get us there. For me at best we could have been in the mix for 8th.

We haven't just gone bad though, we are actually 6 wins below 13th after just 15 matches.

If we told you prior to the season we would be Hank Pfistered by the umps and get 5 ACL's, 4 backs, Lynch would barely play, Dusty would be badly hampered from very early on, Taranto, Hopper and Prestia would miss huge chunks of the season, Balta would miss about 6 weeks, Ross would barely play, Baker suspended, the list goes on and on....where would you have expected a 9th ranked list would be finishing with all that occurring? (2021 premier Melbourne 17th 2019 when a lot less went wrong for them, 2023 premier Collingwood finished 17th 2021 when a lot less went wrong for them.)

So let's flip the script, same list, has about as many key injuries/suspensions as Hawks or Swans, giving us near-perfect availability and continuity, get a Collingwood/Carlton like run with the gimpires, win all or most of our close matches, run up against several teams right at the point they are in season-worst shape etc. If all that occurs you have us struggling to make the 8?

If we told you prior to the season we would be Hank Pfistered by the umps and get 5 ACL's, 4 backs, Lynch would barely play, Dusty would be badly hampered from very early on, Taranto, Hopper and Prestia would miss huge chunks of the season, Balta would miss about 6 weeks, Ross would barely play, Baker suspended, the list goes on and on....where would you have expected a 9th ranked list would be finishing with all that occurring? (2021 premier Melbourne 17th 2019 when a lot less went wrong for them, 2023 premier Collingwood finished 17th 2021 when a lot less went wrong for them.)

So let's flip the script, same list, has about as many key injuries/suspensions as Hawks or Swans, giving us near-perfect availability and continuity, get a Collingwood/Carlton like run with the gimpires, win all or most of our close matches, run up against several teams right at the point they are in season-worst shape etc. If all that occurs you have us struggling to make the 8?

...and then we'd all have a Merry Christmas...which we will anyway after the draft....:thumbsu:

Just done some research on Big Max, pick 34 in 2009 draft and did not get a crack at the number one ruck spot or even as a 2nd stringer in Melbourne side/s because of Mark Jamar until 2015.
while the lanky big rhino has been a bit slow with his progress I'm rapt we got him up for another 3 years.

Wtf do the 2 completely unrelated things have to do with each other? On you logic we better get Biggie Nuon back because he has the same skin colour as Michael Jordan, hell let's draft Guy Sebastian while we're at it. Like Gary Ablett snr he believes in Christ.... oh man with The next Gawn, Gary Sblett snr and Michael Jordan we might as well give away our entire draft hand this year as we won't need it.

i will take your word for it but still a connection with lids/caddy/picks/meatball :p

Haha yep sorry to be that guy😂

We used our first (6) and a future second to get Prestia and Gold Coasts pick 24 which we on traded for Caddy and their pick 56 which we used to take Jack Graham

Lids was for a future first from GWS which we spilt with brisbane who took Zac Bailey, we took Cam Coleman Jones and Balta, which we eventually traded CCJ to North for pick 19 which ended up being half of the Taranto deal

Traded our third rounder (46) to Sydney for Toby Nankervis

Tyrone Vickery left us via free agency which compensated us a second rounder (29) which we took Shai Bolton

Also took Tyson Stengle in the rookie draft at pick 6

So another off season like that would be great 😂😂😂

Haha yep sorry to be that guy😂

We used our first (6) and a future second to get Prestia and Gold Coasts pick 24 which we on traded for Caddy and their pick 56 which we used to take Jack Graham

Lids was for a future first from GWS which we spilt with brisbane who took Zac Bailey, we took Cam Coleman Jones and Balta, which we eventually traded CCJ to North for pick 19 which ended up being half of the Taranto deal

Traded our third rounder (46) to Sydney for Toby Nankervis

Tyrone Vickery left us via free agency which compensated us a second rounder (29) which we took Shai Bolton

Also took Tyson Stengle in the rookie draft at pick 6

So another off season like that would be great 😂😂😂
Neil Balme at his best with those deals. He’s been pensioned off now and and been reduced to doing pre match luncheon/ dinner speeches .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back