No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope his 300th isn't in a final

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Not sure that’s the kind of consistent the coaches talk about? But happy to be corrected??

This was poor from Carlton, his options were to duck and get hit on the top of the head or stay where he was and get his nose broken. Jack is the only one I've heard call it out, weak as piss from the rest of the media.
Think Jordon Lewis supported Jack during the interview?…

I'm so sick of supporters saying crap like this, we were the highest scoring team of 2022, we qualified for finals with 1 round still to play, we had a 13-1-8 record and if it wasn't for a corrupt arc decision we would've at least played in the semi finals and probs a prelim.

So please tell me, why is it we only scraped into 8th or do fans only say this because they don't want to give recognition to a good season because it goes against what they are trying to say when sinking the boots in.

Way to doom and gloom dude and your little * at the end isn't fooling anyone except those who thrive on negativity posts.
Just my opinion like yours is. But what about both years either side of 2022? And this year. How many years of being average before you accept where we are at?

Just my opinion like yours is. But what about both years either side of 2022? And this year. How many years of being average before you accept where we are at?
Dude every year is different, yes we are where we are but don't say 2022 we just scraped into finals, no one just scrapes into finals, like i said it's a shit saying said by people who don't want to acknowledge that teams year.

I don't know what the future holds, don't even know what the rest of july looks like but apparently the experts on here can see into the future and say things as fact. Can you tell me when the next $150m powerball draw is and what the powerball number is to improve my chances.

It's just a game always remember that. We could finish 17th for the next 10 years and it won't effect me because i refuse to let it.

Aints superstar Max King is injured.
Aints will probably will miss the Grand Final berth now.
zf5GD2.gif

I dislike Carlton for sure but hate Collingwood so much more.
Would be gutted if the AFL umpires manipulate the results so that the Pies make the Grand Final, again.
If we dont win the Granny watching the Pies lose one is the next best thing.

I dislike Carlton for sure but hate Collingwood so much more.
Would be gutted if the AFL umpires manipulate the results so that the Pies make the Grand Final, again.

I'm the opposite, I hate Carlton so much more. I'm 49 yo and disliked this mob since i was a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so sick of supporters saying crap like this, we were the highest scoring team of 2022, we qualified for finals with 1 round still to play, we had a 13-1-8 record and if it wasn't for a corrupt arc decision we would've at least played in the semi finals and probs a prelim.

So please tell me, why is it we only scraped into 8th or do fans only say this because they don't want to give recognition to a good season because it goes against what they are trying to say when sinking the boots in.

Way to doom and gloom dude and your little * at the end isn't fooling anyone except those who thrive on negativity posts.

Our biggest loss from R6 in 2022 was 6-points - mostly without Dusty. If not for some ******ation from a few players in close games and umpire corruption we’d have finished top-4.

From R7 onwards we were 11-1-5. Losses were by 6 / 3 / 2 / 4 / 2. We were the highest scoring team of the year largely without Martin. We weren’t ‘limping’ anywhere in 2022. The 4-games before the Arcgate final we beat Lions by 7, Port by 38 (in Adel), Hawks by 61 and Bombers by 66.

And hindsight heroes wonder why we got TT and Hopper. With a fit Martin coming back in 2023 and Bolton coming off an AA season, no wonder we thought a flag in 2023 was a chance and we got TT and Hopper to beef up the midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Roy..., The lol Kangas finished last in 2022 but they picked up 50k supporters then next years by finishing 17th. Roy..., I say Roy - the Kangas don't have 50k supporters full stop.
Roy needs to put the sherry bottle away and go to bed.

Our biggest loss from R6 in 2022 was 6-points - mostly without Dusty. If not for some ******ation from a few players in close games and umpire corruption we’d have finished top-4.

From R7 onwards we were 11-1-5. Losses were by 6 / 3 / 2 / 4 / 2. We were the highest scoring team of the year largely without Martin. We weren’t ‘limping’ anywhere in 2022. The 4-games before the Arcgate final we beat Lions by 7, Port by 38 (in Adel), Hawks by 61 and Bombers by 66.

And hindsight heroes wonder why we got TT and Hopper. With a fit Martin coming back in 2023 and Bolton coming off an AA season, no wonder we thought a flag in 2023 was a chance and we got TT and Hopper to beef up the midfield.

Kind of think the writing was on the wall when we only won nine games in 2021 and when it comes to 2022, well, sure, there were some narrow losses, including back-to-back losses to Gold Coast and North Melbourne, followed by a ridiculous draw with Fremantle, which saw us drop from seventh to 10th and needing to cobble together a few late wins to claw our way back into the eight. Moreover, in our nine-and-a-half losses for the year, we only won one final quarter and a number of the losses saw us give up three-quarter-time leads with final quarter fade-outs. It wasn’t a great season.

Kind of think the writing was on the wall when we only won nine games in 2021 and when it comes to 2022, well, sure, there were some narrow losses, including back-to-back losses to Gold Coast and North Melbourne, followed by a ridiculous draw with Fremantle, which saw us drop from seventh to 10th and needing to cobble together a few late wins to claw our way back into the eight. Moreover, in our nine-and-a-half losses for the year, we only won one final quarter and a number of the losses saw us give up three-quarter-time leads with final quarter fade-outs. It wasn’t a great season.

Of course it wasn’t a ‘’great’ season. But again, when from R7 you only lose 5 x games by a combined 15-points, and you do most of it without Dustin Martin who had only just turned 31yo, then it’s just revisionist history to suggest at the time going again in 2023 wasn’t the right move.

I still recall Karen Cornes bemoaning what a broken system and how unfair it was that Richmond could get both TT and Hopper coming off 3 x flags, fully expecting us to contend again in 2023.

Of course it didn’t work out - but let’s put it this way… in March 2023 Richmond were backed from $11 into $8 for the flag (Cats were favourites at $6).

On the AFL website in their 2023 crystal ball predictions:

1. 8 of 10 experts had the Tigers in the top-8.
2. 6 of 10 had them finishing top-5.

So if you asked 95% of industry experts before the 2023 season kicked off if Richmond had done the right thing trading for TT and Hopper they’d say yes, without question.

That’s what I mean by ‘hindsight heroes’.

Even in 2023 we were still in the top-8 fight about R19, when 3-goals up halfway through the 3rd quarter v Demons… then the season turned pear shaped. We did all this with no Gibcus and no Lynch, who had just come off an AA quality season (and copious other injuries).

Anyway … I’m still glad we’ve got TT and Hopper - imagine heading into 2025 without those two, Prestia, Baker and Martin, as looks likely.

I applaud the club for having another crack in 2023 … heck me, there’s soon to be 19 teams .. some newborns won’t see a flag even if they live to 80yo - when opportunity knocks you go all out, as it may not knock again for decades.

Of course it wasn’t a ‘’great’ season. But again, when from R7 you only lose 5 x games by a combined 15-points, and you do most of it without Dustin Martin who had only just turned 31yo, then it’s just revisionist history to suggest at the time going again in 2023 wasn’t the right move.

I still recall Karen Cornes bemoaning what a broken system and how unfair it was that Richmond could get both TT and Hopper coming off 3 x flags, fully expecting us to contend again in 2023.

Of course it didn’t work out - but let’s put it this way… in March 2023 Richmond were backed from $11 into $8 for the flag (Cats were favourites at $6).

On the AFL website in their 2023 crystal ball predictions:

1. 8 of 10 experts had the Tigers in the top-8.
2. 6 of 10 had them finishing top-5.

So if you asked 95% of industry experts before the 2023 season kicked off if Richmond had done the right thing trading for TT and Hopper they’d say yes, without question.

That’s what I mean by ‘hindsight heroes’.

Even in 2023 we were still in the top-8 fight about R19, when 3-goals up halfway through the 3rd quarter v Demons… then the season turned pear shaped. We did all this with no Gibcus and no Lynch, who had just come off an AA quality season (and copious other injuries).

Anyway … I’m still glad we’ve got TT and Hopper - imagine heading into 2025 without those two, Prestia, Baker and Martin, as looks likely.

I applaud the club for having another crack in 2023 … heck me, there’s soon to be 19 teams .. some newborns won’t see a flag even if they live to 80yo - when opportunity knocks you go all out, as it may not knock again for decades.

These are very good points but did Kane cornes really say that? I know he bangs on about what a mistake it was getting them noting what we gave up. He really loves having a punt both ways. The campaigner can't lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back