No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think he should've been cleared, but ...

What happened to "it's about outcome, rather than intent?". A bloke was concussed and subbed out of the game.

Why is a spoil considered a "football action", yet a tackle (eg. in the case of Nathan Broad) not regarded as such?

So many irregularities. You've got to see why we become so cynical of the process?
You’re entering rabbit hole shit here…

1683868747444.gif

According to what the AFL have stated previously, he should have been suspended. Normally a huge critic of the MRO but he has my sympathy here.
The Sun's player did nothing wrong, got whacked in the head to concussion.

I keep going back to the Marlion Pickett bump on Moore for suspension. That set the bar.
AFL now saying hold my beer.

Ballard wasn’t concussed. He heard a bit of a ‘click’ in his neck which is why they were so overly cautious … he’s playing this week.

It simply wasn’t a strike. He had a straight arm, and when you watch the replay he actually tried to lift his arm to minimise head contact at the last split second …. there was no striking action or follow through with his outstretched arm at all.

Sanity prevailed in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I also think he should've been cleared, but ...

What happened to "it's about outcome, rather than intent?". A bloke was concussed and subbed out of the game.

Why is a spoil considered a "football action", yet a tackle (eg. in the case of Nathan Broad) not regarded as such?

So many irregularities. You've got to see why we become so cynical of the process?
I think it was first mentioned he should have been charged with Rough Conduct and not striking. The incidental contact basically means you can hit a player anywhere in the head when trying to spoil the ball, and drunk Robbo saying it's not striking because he hit hm flush with his fore arm is laughable.

My only problem with him being cleared was the fact he was running back with the flight of the ball so did not have eyes on the ball and was guessing where to spoil, and the line he took meant he was always going to collide with the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too think AFL execs are overpaid. They run a ******* monopoly - how hard can it be.
Ah, blissful ignorance be blissful.
Warning... Condescending AA returns...

Yeah, the money just walks in and accounts for itself.
Yeah, every other sport and entertainment never competes for pool of sponsorship and community dollars.
Yeah, employees and stakeholders never crack the injuries, sads etc leading to legals rules and standards that write themselves and are perfect and fair in every circumstance.
Yeah, stadia never need maintenance.
Yeah planes, trains trams and buses get themselves to and from games.
Yeah the pollies, the Shockings, the media focus, the drugs and pharma's etc etc.

There is an AFL boys club, the entitled in the club may not be at one with Joe and Sharon public but exec salaries are
aligned to the size and operations of this workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back