No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN talking up Geeflogs injuries as if no other team has them. Remember us in 2019??? We had our whole spine out at one stage!!!

Geelongs issues started from the GF, a 35 year old winning Norm Smith and giving Clangerfield captaincy, what happened to the young players they were talking up??? THEY GOT NONE!!!!!!
What about us earlier this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are better then I gave them credit for

They're building a frightening on-ball brigade, more complete footballers in that group than you'd get combining a couple of any of the top clubs, or multiple bottom sides.

At this point, it looks like only injury and/or bad luck can stop them winning 2+ flags with that group, even bloody ordinary coaching won't hold them back.

If they managed to snag Dimma early on in the journey, goodnight nurse for the rest of the comp.

The old Hawkins trick

Yep, their finest downhill skier shoves an opponent in the back as only Geelong forwards can and do, but this time, instead of wrecking the opposition players' career, it wiped out their captain at a time they were on top and burned to the ground any and all hope that they'll play finals this year.

Or any year soon.

Smells like karma to me.

scats nuffies gonna come for arse lol

He will still jump in front of the channel 7 microphone.. all about me me me

Could talk under water with a gob full of marbles this campaigner

Last edited:
And it amazes me how they pick up all these players from other clubs and turn them into winners.

They do have quite a few misses or break-even results among the hits (blokes like Fantasia and Dumont on their current list come to mind), but overall their bargain shopping has been effective and very handy depth at the least when they've had other key outs. Their bigger trade-ins have almost all been great value for them. Balance and talent-wise, it's a very well managed list.

For me, the most underappreciated aspect of where Port are currently at is their ability to literally resurrect veteran and injury prone players from the dead. Lycett had barely played a decent game in the last two and a half seasons, been a constant liability, until he came back from injury this year and started either breaking even against the best, or more often than not somehow dominating his opponent in the stoppages and centre square.

That's when Port's season turned 180 degrees, when they stopped having to use green babies in the ruck.

Boak is similar - how on earth is this bloke still a force on his day when he looked cooked 5yrs ago? A year or two back he magically became their best form on-baller for most of a season all over again.

They've got absolutely every inch possible out of Dixon and he'll probably go on to another decent season next year at 34. Ditto Jonas at 33.

Somehow they're still managing to patch up McKenzie for regular games. Wines looks cooked at some point every season, but he's almost always up and about at the business end of the year.

They're extremely bloody good at keeping blokes on the park as long as possible in as good a shape as possible, therefore they way more often than not get maximum possible value out of what they have to work with on their list.

Turns out that's counting for a lot this year in shaping the top-4/8.

not broken just cracked. dermie and stynes both played next week with cracked ribs
dermie kicked 11 and stynes got 3 brownlow votes.
He will make a miraculous return and the fan bois will compare him to Lazarus

They do have quite a few misses or break-even results among the hits (blokes like Fantasia and Dumont on their current list come to mind), but overall their bargain shopping has been effective and very handy depth at the least when they've had other key outs. Their bigger trade-ins have almost all been great value for them. Balance and talent-wise, it's a very well managed list.

For me, the most underappreciated aspect of where Port are currently at is their ability to literally resurrect veteran and injury prone players from the dead. Lycett had barely played a decent game in the last two and a half seasons, been a constant liability, until he came back from injury this year and started either breaking even against the best, or more often than not somehow dominating his opponent in the stoppages and centre square.

That's when Port's season turned 180 degrees, when they stopped having to use green babies in the ruck.

Boak is similar - how on earth is this bloke still a force on his day when he looked cooked 5yrs ago? A year or two back he magically became their best form on-baller for most of a season all over again.

They've got absolutely every inch possible out of Dixon and he'll probably go on to another decent season next year at 34. Ditto Jonas at 33.

Somehow they're still managing to patch up McKenzie for regular games. Wines looks cooked at some point every season, but he's almost always up and about at the business end of the year.

They're extremely bloody good at keeping blokes on the park as long as possible in as good a shape as possible, therefore they way more often than not get maximum possible value out of what they have to work with on their list.

Turns out that's counting for a lot this year in shaping the top-4/8.

PEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back