No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah....look they're not normal. Richmond & * supporters are the same. Everything else conspires against them to lose a game of football except the fact they didn't play good enough football to win that particular game. Scratch my head everytime

Yeah, and Collingwood are a good enough side to come back from 9 goals down in a game…. without the umpires helping them along. 🙄

Bitchmond board
The ironic thing there about those comments is that out of the more recent generational/dynasty sides, i'd rate Richmond 2017-2020 as a level below the three peat Hawks and that 2007-2011 Geelong side.

Last edited:
The ironic thing there about those comments, is that out of the more recent generational/dynasty sides i'd rate Richmond 2017-2020 as a level below the three peat Hawks and that 2007-2011 Geelong side.
:think: Really difficult to separate the three dynasty sides you mentioned IB. I'd rate the Richmond 2017-2020 group at the top as for 4 seasons they clearly the best team in the comp, unlucky not to make the 2018 Gf as they were the standout side that year and iirc they lost to the Pies by a point the previous week.

Anyway, here is hoping that 4 or 5 years down the track people are talking about the Carlton 2024 - 2027 dynasty where we won 3 flags . :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

:think: Really difficult to separate the three dynasty sides you mentioned IB. I'd rate the Richmond 2017-2020 group at the top as for 4 seasons they clearly the best team in the comp, unlucky not to make the 2018 Gf as they were the standout side that year and iirc they lost to the Pies by a point the previous week.

Anyway, here is hoping that 4 or 5 years down the track people are talking about the Carlton 2024 - 2027 dynasty where we won 3 flags . :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

So which year won’t we win? 😳

They were a great team. I just rate the other two teams i mentioned as being a little bit better.

The Cats were the form team in 2008, but left their best footy behind them in the grand final.

So you could have had another three peat there. Great teams though.

Hopefully the current Carlton side will spoken about in similar terms as well in about another ten or so years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only lost 3 games in 79. Added Ashman, Hunter, Buzz and Maylin for 81-82 and most of the team was hitting the sweet spot in age
Don’t forget Rossy Ditchburn in 1982. He struggled in the first half of the season and was then moved to full forward where he starred.

He became Carlton’s leading goal kicker in 1982, kicking a total of 61 goals in 13 senior games (not to mention the 44 goals he kicked in the reserves that year!).

Don’t forget Rossy Ditchburn in 1982. He struggled in the first half of the season and was then moved to full forward where he starred.

He became Carlton’s leading goal kicker in 1982, kicking a total of 61 goals in 13 senior games (not to mention the 44 goals he kicked in the reserves that year!).
Saw him kick 12 against the Saints at VFL park and then missed the last bus after kicking the footy on the ground for an hr after the game. Had to hitch a ride to GW station.

Shame he went back to the farm. Still was the next year or the one after we got Warren Ralph in to fill the hole. Never quite met expectations but seem to remember seeing him kick 7 at the G against Melbourne

Only lost 3 games in 79. Added Ashman, Hunter, Buzz and Maylin for 81-82 and most of the team was hitting the sweet spot in age
:think: The three games we lost were pretty close i recall, think the biggest margin was 7 or 8 points. Now i am going to look this up to see how close my recollection is.

:think: The three games we lost were pretty close i recall, think the biggest margin was 7 or 8 points. Now i am going to look this up to see how close my recollection is.
OK my recollection was not so great. Lost by 19 points to Collingwood but the other two were 4 and 6 points.

Max Gawn’s son singing the Carlton club song 😂

Wait until he starts singing “De Koning’s In The Air”

Last edited:
Saw him kick 12 against the Saints at VFL park and then missed the last bus after kicking the footy on the ground for an hr after the game. Had to hitch a ride to GW station.

Shame he went back to the farm. Still was the next year or the one after we got Warren Ralph in to fill the hole. Never quite met expectations but seem to remember seeing him kick 7 at the G against Melbourne
saw him kick nine against north...

If we’d have picked up Krakouer bros when we picked up Ralph he’d have kicked 100 goals a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back