Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Off the ball contact.

Holding the man.

And that’s just from some short clips.

Team needs to help our players more when they are tagged. Happened to Anderson a few times too (though not that hard a tag).
Whilst I do agree that team mates need to block for him at times I think that those other midfielders also need to step up and get more of it when a player is being shut down. Each time someone has been tagged this year the other main midfielders haven't had a big impact either. If Rowell blocks winderhager then it's still miller and Anderson v steele and sinclair. Winderhager is focused on miller so if miller blocks for Rowell then we can get 2v1. If we get Anderson and Rowell dominating and win the game nobody cares what stats miller has and he probably gets bnf votes at the club. I'm sure it's something they are working on overtime at the club but sometimes the more work you do on something like that you lose your instinct to get at the footy and maybe that's an issue also.

**** it hurts watching Rankine. Knowing that's exactly what we are lacking.
Was just thinking similar.
Last year I was all good with it because we got Bear Humphreys.
But this year it’s annoying because Bear really needs to lift 3 or 4 gears.
The disappointing season that Bear is having is what I think we are lacking.

Rankine ended Dew. So I keep that in mind too. Rankine stays with us and Dew is still our Coach.

So we're going to finish our bye round either equal with the 8th placed Dogs (who have played an extra game) or 2 points behind the 8th placed Fremantle who happen to be our next opponents. The logjam is really building now with just 1.5 wins currently separating 4th placed Port Adelaide and 13th placed Brisbane. It seems like it's just going to be a shootout and the team/s that can hold on by continuing to find ways to win over the next 10 weeks will qualify and those that don't will fall too far behind.

It's there for the taking given our draw. We just need to start winning away games. Starting with Freo in a week from now because it's a swing game with one of our legitimate competitors for a spot in the 8. Whatever happens, it's probably going to be a wild ride from here. Buckle up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umps never gave up! Nah seriously though you could see it coming right from the first bounce last quarter. The Phillips sub move was horrendous.

The umpires killed the Roos in the last few minutes. Yet another game ruined by missed or poor decisions.
Happening more and more
But they did cough up a 8 goal lead. But credit to north, those kids are really good.
And I'd love larkey in my team.

Subbing your tagger (who is a former top 5 pick struggling to make it at the top level and needs all the confidence he can get) when the opposition is starting to get on top but you just need to not concede 6 unanswered goals in 1 quarter, is galaxy brain coaching from Clarko. As is going in with bloody Jayiden Stephenson as your sub. As is hoping the corpse of Liam Shiels can do the job on Daicos in the 4th because he subbed his tagger.

As is trying to rebuild a young team full of high picks by implementing absolutely 0 defensive structure and seemingly not caring about defensive effort or intensity in the slightest and then losing because you conceded 81 points in half a game.

Yeah Im not a fan.

Although watch us do nothing about Daicos and let him completely torch us in a couple of weeks.

Here is a tip.
When the Oppo has the free kick, don't pick up the ball. It can only hurt your team.

In this case it was a 50m penalty to N Daicos for not giving the ball back quickly enough just before 3/4 time, and he kicked the goal. A classic for a team/player that has not had a lead very often.

I was yelling at the TV in real time, just leave the ball alone mate.

Here is a tip.
When the Oppo has the free kick, don't pick up the ball. It can only hurt your team.
I agree.

The reality is that defending teams pick up the ball to time waste by looking around and pointing and then double-checking etc. No other reason. And AFL is strict on that at the moment.

And in a pet like Daicos or a team like Collingwood and you’re just asking for trouble.

I think at all times it should be the onus of the team who wants the ball to get the ball back to their kicker. It’s not very sportsman like, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back