brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
As to how they interest you excluding your own team's game.

1. Richmond Vs Collingwood - must win for Pies with a trip to Sydney to follow.

2. Dogs Vs Swans - GF rematch. Swans won't want to go 0-2.

3. Hawks Vs Crows - how will the Hawks respond to the loss last week?

4. Melbourne Vs Carlton - surely the Dees won't do a repeat of 2016 Rd 2?

5. West Coast Vs St Kilda - have St Kilda really improved? Interstate trips are not usually kind to them.

6. GWS Vs Gold Coast - Eades job might be shakey if this turns out to be a massacre. Will GWS show their potential?

7. Geelong Vs North - not a lot of interest here. Only good thing will be the reaction to one Scott brother's loss. Angry!

8. Port Adelaide Vs Fremantle - perfect timeslot for this game. Zzzzzz

1. Richmond vs Collingwood - Game of the round with all of the injuries to Sydney
2. Bulldogs vs Sydney - Grand final replay
3. Melbourne vs Carlton - Have Melbourne arrived?
4. Hawthorn vs Adelaide - Interested to see how they respond. Adelaide are also quick and a better side than us.
5. West Coast vs St Kilda - Will St Kilda respond?
6. Port vs Fremantle
7. Geelong vs North
8. GWS vs Gold Coast.

Overall, this round is pretty dull compared to round 1.

I'd say only the first 2 are good match ups.

Collingwood v Richmond. Huge game for both, Pies took Bulldogs within 2 goals. Richmond can set up with another win here. Bucks desperately needs a win, as does Hardwick. Collingwood for me.

WB v Sydney. Again massive. Swans won't want to go 0-2. Swans for me.

Melbourne v Carlton. Hard to have faith here. This is the kind of game we could let slip by. Going into round 3 against Geelong 2-0 would be huge for us. It sets up our first 10 games. Blues need a win here, going to be a long year if they get rolled badly early on. Blues for me.

Hawthorn v Adelaide. If Crows are the real deal they'll win. Fresher, younger, more to prove, time is now to lock top 4. Hawks also need to make a statement that they aren't done. Hawks my tip.

Port v Fremantle. Big for Port. 2-0? Interesting results early on if they win. I am going Port here.

1. Hawthorn v Adelaide - hawks won't want to start 0-2, can the crows beat them at the G?
2. Bulldogs v Sydney - GF rematch, dogs should have the advantage at Etihad
3. Richmond v Collingwood - big rivalry, big crowd and hopefully a good game
4. Melbourne v Carlton - let's see if the Dees can build on a strong performance
5. Geelong v North - north will want to give a better showing here
6. Port v Freo - port to go 2-0
7. West coast v st kilda - comfortable for the eagles
8. GWS v Gold Coast

Would put lions v bombers around 4th overall, lions have confidence and can smell an upset, should be a close game

This would be my order:

Hawthorn vs Adelaide
Collingwood vs Richmond
Geelong vs North Melbourne
Brisbane vs Essendon
West Coast vs St Kilda
GWS vs Gold Coast
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
Melbourne vs Carlton

I think a lot of people ignoring our last game against GC which was a great spectacle and went down to the wire. Didn't get the credit it deserved because NSW-QLD clubs were involved in my view.
Hoping for similar at this one that I will see live

Western Bulldogs v Sydney. Two great sides, obviously and with a lot riding on this game (considering it's only Round 2). Let's be honest, a lot of us are sick of the Swans playing finals every year, to the extent that some people have jokingly referred to it as 'the seven' because one spot is reserved for them. Going 0-2 will go a long way to finally pushing Sydney down the ladder.

GWS v Gold Coast. How much of a thrashing?

Port v Fremantle. What kind of performance will Port dish up? Put in a good one and the Power may be back after all.

Melbourne v Carlton. If the Dees put in a good performance they'll show their credentials.

Collingwood v Richmond

West Coast v St Kilda. Kennedy kicks a bag as usual

Brisbane v Essendon

Geelong v North

Don't think we'll learn much from the last three

I think a lot of people ignoring our last game against GC which was a great spectacle and went down to the wire. Didn't get the credit it deserved because NSW-QLD clubs were involved in my view.
Hoping for similar at this one that I will see live
Nobody enjoys watching the bottom of the ladder side play

Nobody enjoys watching the bottom of the ladder side play
Well said
Very rare and temporary opportunity. In spite of both your outcasts being sadly out injured and unable to play for a while we think we've got a few guys that can turn it around.
Gotta feel for Muzungu though, delisted and rookied. Fought his way onto our main list and got picked, now out for 9-12 weeks. Poor bastard.

1. Hawks v Crows. Crows look great but Hawks haven't started 0-2 since 09 and Saturday Footy at the G
2. WB v Syd, GF rematch
3. Rich v Coll, Will the trend of the winning team of the season opener losing in round 2 continue?
4. Melb v Carl. Dees looking to go 2-0 for the first time since 05
5. North v Geel, Can North show some fight or will they be a very average side this year
6. Port v Freo, Can Port back up there good win against Syd
7 WCE. v Stk - obviously will be focused on our game at this time
8. GWS v GC, GWS by a mile, hmm what other sports are on at this time that I can flick to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Dogs Vs Swans - GF rematch. Swans by seasons end will be better than the doggies but not this week
2. Richmond Vs Collingwood - I've tipped the pies but feel the tigers are the better side.
3. Melbourne Vs Carlton - should be a genuine ripping contest
4. Hawks Vs Crows - the crows by a trillion as the Hawks look a little slow out of the blocks in the early rounds
5. West Coast Vs St Kilda - WCE are simply too good at home
6. GWS Vs Gold Coast - witches hats are orange
7. Geelong Vs North - norf are in a rebuild period
8. Brisbane vs Essendon - the rebuild vs the rehab

1. Hawks v Cows - Both should be in the finals will be interesting to see how hawks go after a loss
2. Brisbane v Essendon - Both coming off a upset win really intrigued in both teams hopefully the gabba gets 25k+
3. Dogs v Swans - Obviously GF Rematch see how Swans will go after a big loss
4. GWS v Gold Coast - Really intrigued in this Gold Coast team don't know why they're not doing well also like keeping up with the expansion teams
5. Demons v Carl - Demons finally playing well
6. Port v Freo - Will be interesting to see how Port play after a big win also a big fan of Fyfe love watching him
7. Geelong v North - Bit of a snore fest Cats should win by 40+
8. Rich v Collingwood - Hate both teams not interested at all I won't be watching

1. Crows v Hawks - love watching adelaide play, hard to gauge where Hawthorn are yet
  2. Pies v Tiges - will get more of an idea about how good Richmond really are
  3. Dogs v swans - neither set the world on fire last week, but should be a good match
  4. Brions v Bombers - I'm intrigued by the form of both last week, will be interesting to see who goes 2-0
  5. Port v Freo - hmm
  6. WCE vs Saints - hard to see this one being close, Saints awful interstate last year and Eagles dominant at home
  7. Geelong v North - no thanks
  8. Franchise clash - yuck. only interesting if GC cause an upset, won't happen

ADE vs HAW - pressure game for the hawks in front of a vocal crowd
RIC vs COL - the toothless army derby!!
BL vs ESS - Lions at 2-0??
GWS vs GC - Giants will romp it in at home, but will give a great insight as to where both expansion clubs are at right here, right now
MEL vs CAR - the tanking cup no more, one team will be playing for finals this year and it aint the blues
PA vs FRE - a bit like ADE vs HAW, it could be a pointer to how much further freo has dropped, or improved
GEE vs NM - kits in this match shit me - stripes every which way
WCE vs STK - eagles dominant at home

GWS Giants v G Coast
Geelong v North Melb
Port Adelaide v Dockers

Brisbane Lions v Essendon, W Bulldogs v Swans
Richmond v Collingwood (rate higher if Miles & Aish play)
Hawthorn v Adelaide, Melbourne v Carlton

1. Western Bulldogs vs Sydney
2. Richmond vs Collingwood
3. Hawthorn vs Adelaide
4. West Coast vs St Kilda
5. Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
6. Brisbane vs Essendon
7. GWS vs Gold Coast
8. Geelong vs North Melbourne

Tigers v Pies - Couple of decent midfields, 4 sets of below average ends, two coaches under pressure. Big game this.
Hawks v Crows - Funnily enough, crows with more to prove in this game than the hawks i reckon
Dees v Blues - Dees broke a hoodoo. Need to prove their credentials here
Dons v Lions - Both teams with big wins in rd.1 against fancied opposition. Should be a cracker
Cats v Roos - Cats with a tough trip back from WA and North weren't terrible. Etihad game could make this dangerous for the cats
Dogs v Swans - GF replay is always good. Dogs weren't that convincing against the pies and swans shocked by Port.
Port v Dockers, Eagles v Saints, GWS v GCS - about equals here.

Western Bulldogs v Sydney. Two great sides, obviously and with a lot riding on this game (considering it's only Round 2). Let's be honest, a lot of us are sick of the Swans playing finals every year, to the extent that some people have jokingly referred to it as 'the seven' because one spot is reserved for them. Going 0-2 will go a long way to finally pushing Sydney down the ladder.

GWS v Gold Coast. How much of a thrashing?

Port v Fremantle. What kind of performance will Port dish up? Put in a good one and the Power may be back after all.

Melbourne v Carlton. If the Dees put in a good performance they'll show their credentials.

Collingwood v Richmond

West Coast v St Kilda. Kennedy kicks a bag as usual

Brisbane v Essendon

Geelong v North

Don't think we'll learn much from the last three
Ah, yes we will.

Brisbane or Essendon 2 zip?
What if there is an upset in Perth? Saints under enormous pressure if 0-2

Richmond vs Collingwood- big crowd, really keen to see how dusty goes against the pies & who wins in the midfield.
Hawthorn vs Adelaide - Interesting match up, red hot crows with Tex back vs a fired up Hawks wanting to respond
Western Bulldogs vs Sydney
West Coast vs St Kilda
Brisbane vs Essendon
Geelong vs North Melbourne
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
GWS vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Order the Round 2 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back