Speculation Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

Asking for priority picks when your club is the richest in the country shows how low the Eagles have sunk too
What an ignorant comment to suggest that PPs should allocated based on profitability and not performance.

What an ignorant comment to suggest that PPs should allocated based on profitability and not performance.
Your club wouldn't go into administration if it had a few lean years and you won a flag in 2018. You really shouldn't qualify for one because you made some stubborn list decisions and made crap draft picks. I'm against the whole thing and didn't even think the Kangas should have got one but I can get it from the AFLs point of view as they would be in financial disarray with a few more lean years

Your club wouldn't go into administration if it had a few lean years and you won a flag in 2018. You really shouldn't qualify for one because you made some stubborn list decisions and made crap draft picks. I'm against the whole thing and didn't even think the Kangas should have got one but I can get it from the AFLs point of view as they would be in financial disarray with a few more lean years
We made some poor decisions I agree, but you can’t have one set of rules for Norf and another set for everyone else. Similar results should produce similar picks. If they hadn’t given Norf anything I wouldn’t want anything. The AFL has made their bed, now they can lay in it. If they don’t provide similar assistance then the whole equalisation workshop bs they are spinning is a farce.

North have more money then your club and most others

The idea they are poor is a lie

We made some poor decisions I agree, but you can’t have one set of rules for Norf and another set for everyone else. Similar results should produce similar picks. If they hadn’t given Norf anything I wouldn’t want anything. The AFL has made their bed, now they can lay in it. If they don’t provide similar assistance then the whole equalisation workshop bs they are spinning is a farce.
I understand it from your guys end. My point was without norf being competitive they could literally fold but you guys are fine. You should in theory be able to attract a big name soonish where as North aren't ever going to land a big name. Completely agree with your points on that is BS favouring/prioritisation against bigger clubs however.

Think I'm prob biased as I don't think any club should get a handout for making shit decisions that's on you as a club

I understand it from your guys end. My point was without norf being competitive they could literally fold but you guys are fine. You should in theory be able to attract a big name soonish where as North aren't ever going to land a big name. Completely agree with your points on that is BS favouring/prioritisation against bigger clubs however.

Think I'm prob biased as I don't think any club should get a handout for making shit decisions that's on you as a club
Also your club has had more handouts then any with JUH, Darcy and Croft

JUH especially was a complete handout. You had access too a player under rules upon which Eagles dont. You got beneficial treatment other clubs dont have to get him in...

JUH especially was a complete handout. You had access too a player under rules upon which Eagles dont. You got beneficial treatment other clubs dont have to get him in...
The Western Bulldogs Father Son factory is an easy thing for clubs to get involved with. You just need to introduce your playing group to other athletically gifted females

The Western Bulldogs Father Son factory is an easy thing for clubs to get involved with. You just need to introduce your playing group to other athletically gifted females
We tried to get ours going with Fyfe and Perry but it fell apart, I was very upset when I heard they broke up. My God, the athletes those two would produce...

JUH had nothing to do with father/son so can see why you left him out

You had access to him while Eagles/Freo didnt have access to Collard/Edwards under the same system...

Unfair advantage... Picks 20/21 wont come even close to matching the advantages you got from the AFL with JUH for no reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he doing better than previous seasons?
Indulge me crush.

agree he and tom lynch have been so poor this year no idea why (stern look)

get WC have been boring to watch for 3 years but suggest looking at last weekends game in which he had a lazy 7 shots.

anyhoo back to the real world i wonder how dees fans would feel offering up a mill a year and burn two first round draft picks for him ?

You had access to him while Eagles/Freo didnt have access to Collard/Edwards under the same system...

Unfair advantage... Picks 20/21 wont come even close to matching the advantages you got from the AFL with JUH for no reason
He's talking Croft, Darcy, and a couple of upcoming father sons next 2 years.

lolll… what a load of sour rubbish… F/S is not a handout… Or is your leading goal kicker one of the biggest handouts in the comp? Very silly angle to take.

As for Jamarra, the NGA rules applied across the board back then… Luck of the draw on one occasion with the ridiculous Academies isn’t a “handout” like the Eagles would be getting with priority picks… A compromised draft working in a team’s favour once is luck, putting your hands out for a priority pick is begging, it’s literally a handout.

Last edited:

Haha Collard and Edwards were literally a different system. Take a breath buddy.

lolll… what a load of sour rubbish… F/S is not a handout… Or is your leading goal kicker one of the biggest handouts in the comp? Very silly angle to take.
You mean Waterman? Who was taken with pick 77 as the very last pick in the draft?

Do you call that a handout?

Literally the exact same system is Collard. Word for word

In the end you got

Ugle-Hagan and Treloar for Pick 14 and 38 (2021)

100% as a AFL handout that no other team is able to access

Any f/s that is taken out of turn and is matched with later picks is a handout.

Waterman was a guy nobody else wanted, the very last pick in the draft.

You cant compare Waterman to Croft or Darcy, its not even remotely similar

If it were the same system then they would have been able to draft Collard. They changed the system. The systems applied the same way to both teams. Get a grip.

I suspect you two just don’t know what a “handout” means. A handout is aid given to a team specifically for being bad, like a priority package. Rules, good or bad, that apply equally or more favourably to the rest of the league are not a “handout” for one particular club, that’s just laughable sooking.

Speculation Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back