Speculation Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

If it were the same system then they would have been able to draft Collard. They changed the system. The systems applied the same way to both teams. Get a grip.

I suspect you two just don’t know what a “handout” means. A handout is aid given to a team specifically for being bad, like a priority package. Rules, good or bad, that apply equally or more favourably to the rest of the league are not a “handout” for one particular club, that’s just laughable sooking.
They changed the priorty pick system too to assign priority picks when they feel like. Nothing to do with the Eagles at all really

100% up to the AFL what they decide

Its laughable to suggest Eagles are benefitting any more then anyone else. You got the same accesses that we do....

Your club wouldn't go into administration if it had a few lean years and you won a flag in 2018. You really shouldn't qualify for one because you made some stubborn list decisions and made crap draft picks. I'm against the whole thing and didn't even think the Kangas should have got one but I can get it from the AFLs point of view as they would be in financial disarray with a few more lean years
Are we watching sporting competition or are we cheering on the stock markets.
They’ve already tied one hand behind the back of profitable clubs with soft caps.

Your club wouldn't go into administration if it had a few lean years and you won a flag in 2018. You really shouldn't qualify for one because you made some stubborn list decisions and made crap draft picks. I'm against the whole thing and didn't even think the Kangas should have got one but I can get it from the AFLs point of view as they would be in financial disarray with a few more lean years
Agreed there shouldn’t be Priority Picks but as long as you have NGA/FS/Northern Academy’s, they need to be in play. Pick 18 gets pushed back to 30. A wooden spooner misses its own NGA player due to this, even if they couldn’t match.

GC got 4 1st round picks last year. Another top 5 player this year and could very well cash in and get 2 top 5 players this year and have the projected number 1 pick next.

WB got very lucky in sperm lotto and have cashed in as well so they should be the last supporter group talking about how unfair PP are

Any Eagles and Sydney peeps interested in a 3-way?
Oscar Allen to the Swans, Chad Warner to the Dockers, Dockers 3 first rounders back to the Eagles with a plethera of steak knives thrown around with reckless abandon ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh, well lucky nth didn't tick any of those box's...🤣🤣
It's literally what happens to every club that slides.... 🤡

We made some poor decisions I agree, but you can’t have one set of rules for Norf and another set for everyone else. Similar results should produce similar picks. If they hadn’t given Norf anything I wouldn’t want anything. The AFL has made their bed, now they can lay in it. If they don’t provide similar assistance then the whole equalisation workshop bs they are spinning is a farce.
You do realise the AFL has a list of priorities yeah?
Number 1 priority is that both Qld and NSW clubs are doing well.
Number 2 is that Victorian clubs are doing well.
Number 3...well there isn't one.

The lobby in Victoria is very loud and close to home, and they want the NSW and Qld clubs playing finals every year to make all that magical money and growth they think is available in those states.
Port never got any concessions when they were down and out, and be rest assured neither will West Coast.

The AFL is all about optics, and the optics of giving big rich West Coast Priority Picks just won't fly.

You do realise the AFL has a list of priorities yeah?
Number 1 priority is that both Qld and NSW clubs are doing well.
Number 2 is that Victorian clubs are doing well.
Number 3...well there isn't one.

The lobby in Victoria is very loud and close to home, and they want the NSW and Qld clubs playing finals every year to make all that magical money and growth they think is available in those states.
Port never got any concessions when they were down and out, and be rest assured neither will West Coast.

The AFL is all about optics, and the optics of giving big rich West Coast Priority Picks just won't fly.

What about the optics in gifting finalists and grand finalists multiple priority access to players plus discounts? And teams finishing last get nothing except their draft hands diluted?

A struggling, non competitive team gets nothing. But teams in expansion states playing finals year in year out including recent grand finals continue to be gifted hand outs? Year after year, after year.

Are those optics not relevant?

What about the optics in gifting finalists and grand finalists multiple priority access to players plus discounts? And teams finishing last get nothing except their draft hands diluted?

A struggling, non competitive team gets nothing. But teams in expansion states playing finals year in year out including recent grand finals continue to be gifted hand outs? Year after year, after year.

I think finally this is being recognised more,
but AFL recognises the competition with other sports and if it isn't Australia's biggest sport it is completely irrelevant as other countries don't play it.

Oh, I agree, but the AFL does what the AFL wants, and they don't care about Wether it's fair on the competition or not.
Here's some examples.
When the AFL had the NGAs, all of the Victorian NGA areas included indigenous kids, and that went for Tasmania and Northern Territory that was divided up for Vic clubs to have.
In SA and WA though, indigenous kids were excluded from metro and the country areas that had any history of producing Indigenous talent.

The AFL funds all of Qld, NSW and Victorian Jr development, while leaving the Jr development in SA and WA up to the local state leagues. It would be the equivalent of making the local VFL state league take on the Jr development in Victoria.
It has been said that some Vic U18 teams have better facilities than some SANFL and WAFL teams do.

And let's not forget that if Port and Adelaide, and WC and Freo, played off in the grandfinal, it would be played in Melbourne, and the grand final parade would be in Victoria for the Melbourne people to enjoy.

It's still a Victorian league, and it's priorities are in promoting the game into NSW and Qld where they think there is rivers of gold to be gained.

Oh, I agree, but the AFL does what the AFL wants, and they don't care about Wether it's fair on the competition or not.
Here's some examples.
When the AFL had the NGAs, all of the Victorian NGA areas included indigenous kids, and that went for Tasmania and Northern Territory that was divided up for Vic clubs to have.
In SA and WA though, indigenous kids were excluded from metro and the country areas that had any history of producing Indigenous talent.

The AFL funds all of Qld, NSW and Victorian Jr development, while leaving the Jr development in SA and WA up to the local state leagues. It would be the equivalent of making the local VFL state league take on the Jr development in Victoria.
It has been said that some Vic U18 teams have better facilities than some SANFL and WAFL teams do.

And let's not forget that if Port and Adelaide, and WC and Freo, played off in the grandfinal, it would be played in Melbourne, and the grand final parade would be in Victoria for the Melbourne people to enjoy.

It's still a Victorian league, and it's priorities are in promoting the game into NSW and Qld where they think there is rivers of gold to be gained.
You are aware that you dont need a visa to travel to Melbourne.

You are aware that you dont need a visa to travel to Melbourne.
Are you trying to compare the situation of having the entire Perth city being able to enjoy a Grand Final parade if both Freo and WC made the GF, as opposed to having a few thousand Perth locals having to fly to Melbourne to see it?
And why the hell should Melbourne have a Grand Final parade with two WA based teams in it?
Trying to defend it is pretty silly.

Are you trying to compare the situation of having the entire Perth city being able to enjoy a Grand Final parade if both Freo and WC made the GF, as opposed to having a few thousand Perth locals having to fly to Melbourne to see it?
And why the hell should Melbourne have a Grand Final parade with two WA based teams in it?
Trying to defend it is pretty silly.
Well if that was to ever happen, then we can worry about it.

I think we have time though because it isn't happening anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speculation Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back