OTB - On The Ball New Season

Remove this Banner Ad

thegezman

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2002
The first BETA season of OTB finished a couple of weeks ago, and on the whole the season was a great success.

A few bugs popped up through out the game, and some settings and requirements changed or were tweaked during the season.

The game will have improved significantly due to this season, running with about 200 players/teams.

anyone looking for an online AFL management game, then this is a great option. Those who couldn't tollerate the occasional bug then probably shouldn't bother and the game is still evolving.

However those who are wanting to help and make the game stonger and better should check out www.ontheball.com.au

The site is down after the guys are busy fixing up bugs and gettting the game ready for a new season.

the site is due to reopen on september 1 so keep an eye out for it!

hopefully my team big chops can improve on 3rd for it's league.

I had actually started an online version of Coaches Box to trial but I might hold off until I find out more info on this game. I wasn't going to allow you to coach your team 'live', just be able to select your team, perform trades with other players (during season) and the games would be simulated Mon, Tues and Friday.

If www.ontheball.com.au is any good then I probably wont bother as my version would require an exe rather than a web interface, and the first version was only going to be for one league.

i found OTB to be throughly enjoyable.

it's different from typical "fantasy footy" type games and the best part is it can run during the "off season" for us footy die hards.

Bascially you are the coach of a footy team and start with an average lis, and are in a 16 league comp against similarly matched teams.

you have a budget and can use that money to hire a trainer (to train you players and improve their skills), a scout (who finds news players you can sign up). you can spend you money and buy players from other teams who have been placed on the transfer list, or you cann sell your own players for extra cash.

you can upgrade the size of your stadium to increase ticket takings and food and drink sales. etc etc etc.

they idea is to coach you team against the others and try and acheive success.

with 200 odd players there were many many different leagues so this next season should be pretty even with the dominate teams all in the better leagues.

this also means you have to fight to survive relegation and earn promotion into other leagues.

it's quite a fun game and their is a fair bit to it to keep things interesting.

during the 22 round season you can host exhibiton matches as friendlies against other teams.

it's good fun and will probably gain popularity as we move into the off season, so my advice would be to join up for the coming season.

should also note this is not based on or dependent of the real AFL competition.

All players are fictional and exist only in the game of course

not trying to put any of you off but i thought this game was a massive let down, sounded good at the start of the year but was quite boring, but still, thats my opinion

meh said:
not trying to put any of you off but i thought this game was a massive let down, sounded good at the start of the year but was quite boring, but still, thats my opinion

What would be required to make it more enjoyable?

meh said:

sounds interesitng to me.

It's always harder to keep interested in those online game based on fictional players, you really need to get into it. managerzone was very addictive for me at one stage, now i havent logged in for about a month.

Really depends on how goodf the interface etc is, i know i'll be checking it out come september 1st ;)

Just an update on this the launch date has been pushed back two weeks, and dont be surprised if it takes longer.

one thing with OTB you need to show a lot of paitence as the game is contunually being developed and tweaked.

"Preparing for new season.
We should be back 15th September 2005.
We need the extra few days to complete testing."

looking foward to it, should be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

OTB - On The Ball New Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back