Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Cox, Quaynor kissing Ginnivan ass in the media.

He smashed you, then gave shit endlessly to everyone.

I get it’s a new age where copying other sports players celebrations apparently doesn’t make you look like a **** wit, but we would want to see a bit of pride next time, it’s embarrassing.

Think this belongs here.....

It's our solemn duty to pray like never before for this to occur

View attachment 2057835 Start a prayer group if you like
How funny if 6 of the sides in the finals this year were interstate clubs & Blues & Bombers missed out 😲 (& Hawks don't make it either)

Would kind of shut up the Vic bias crew banging on about how they're so disadvantaged by travel during the h&a season .. although I'm sure they'd still complain about the GF being at the G.

How funny if 6 of the sides in the finals this year were interstate clubs & Blues & Bombers missed out 😲 (& Hawks don't make it either)

Would kind of shut up the Vic bias crew banging on about how they're so disadvantaged by travel during the h&a season .. although I'm sure they'd still complain about the GF being at the G.
Twenty or so years ago the competition was being dominated by non-Victorian clubs. They won the flag six years in a row (2001-2006), and we saw Grand Finals with two non-Vic sides playing for the last three of those years. There was even talk at the time that it was always likely to be that way, as the non-Victorian clubs had so much going for them. Then it all changed, and Victorian clubs have won nearly all of the premierships since (2007 onwards). I don't think anything really significant has changed in terms of how the competition is run; the Vics have simply done it better, and the non-Vics haven't been good enough!

I think there's just too much whinging. Victorian teams have a bit of an advantage in travelling less, but (apart from Geelong) don't get the sort of home ground advantage non-Victorian clubs benefit from. It was certainly different for e.g. Collingwood back in the Victoria Park days, but these days we play on a shared/neutral ground, one we never get to train on.

Vic clubs did it very tough in 2020 and 2021, with hardly any games played in Victoria in 2020, and both years all the finals (including the Grand Final) were played outside that state. Yet for those two years the GF was an all-Victorian affair. That should have been enough to silence the whingers! One of these days the tide will turn (it may already be happening), but non-Victorian clubs (and/or their supporters) need to grow up, and just get on with it, because they have plenty of built-in advantages, or advantages handed to them by the AFL, and should have been able to do so much better over the years.

I get it’s a new age where copying other sports players celebrations apparently doesn’t make you look like a **** wit, but we would want to see a bit of pride next time, it’s embarrassing.

I can understand why Q is kissing his ass as they best mates.

Cox is probably from the perspective of he does something similar. The only difference being it's not against his former employer.

Think this belongs here.....

It's our solemn duty to pray like never before for this to occur

View attachment 2057835 Start a prayer group if you like

I’ve never heard of this journalist, but one article is evidence of his insight and integrity.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Quaynor annoyed the hell out of me in that Triple M interview. At least pretend you cared about the result. It was all so limp and jovial. The way Jack rubbed in our faces was to be expected but we never fired a shot in anger. He was carrying on like a pork chop in front of his cheer squad and then ours and Quaynor and others simply stood there looking off into the distance hoping the siren would sound.

When you are sitting in the cold and walking home in the rain after watching your team kick one goal up until halfway through the third quarter a bit of aggro and pushback would have been the least we could expect.

This whole '"new rat pack" crap is cringeworthy. The fact that they are so aware of this image and play up to it is what makes it embarrassing. It's so planned and choreographed. There's nothing natural or organic about any of their onfield antics. It seems arrogance always goes hand in hand with success or the hint of success at Hawthorn.

When Ginnivan made one comment post-game with us it was Armageddon in the media for days. Now, Ginnivan and co. pose for photos with teammates after goals and do their cute little signals and carry on like 14 year olds and Jordan Lewis and Cornes think it's fantastic.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back