Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Again I disagree.

One problem with this change is that it would mean that a player who completely misses a set shot is still rewarded with a point, whereas another player who has a realy good shot that just misses hitting the post gets nothing.

Why should a player who completely shanks their kick get rewarded more than the other player who just misses and hits the post?
How about 3 points for hitting the post

Again I disagree.

One problem with this change is that it would mean that a player who completely misses a set shot is still rewarded with a point, whereas another player who has a realy good shot that just misses hitting the post gets nothing.

Why should a player who completely shanks their kick get rewarded more than the other player who just misses and hits the post?
not sure i follow your logic

mine is:
  • clips the goal post on the way through but still goes through the goals, then 6 pts
  • hits the goal post and bounces back into play, no score, just play on
  • hits the behind post and bounces through the behinds, then 1 pt
  • hits the behind post (on the bounce) and bounces back into play, no score, play on
does away with the need for goal reviews and cameras and all that carry-on

simple game, better for the spectators etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mine is:
  • clips the goal post on the way through but still goes through the goals, then 6 pts
  • hits the behind post (on the bounce) and bounces back into play, no score, play on

No it's not.

Hits the goal post, its a behind. Hits the point post, it's OOB.
This is not soccer, or rugby. It's AFL, and he rules have been set over 100 years ago, And it is a great game.

Just because you don't like the review system, you don't change the rules.

Maybe do away with the review system, and the Goal umpires.
We have the technology.

mine is:

The point I was making was regarding the ball hitting the post and bouncing back into play not being awarded a score.

Hitting the post means that the shot on goal was more accurate than a shot that goes through the behind posts. Yet under your system, the less accurate shot gets rewarded more.

Why should a player who completely shanks a kick and gets a behind be rewarded than a player who has a more accurate shot but hits the post?

The point I was making was regarding the ball hitting the post and bouncing back into play not being awarded a score.

Hitting the post means that the shot on goal was more accurate than a shot that goes through the behind posts. Yet under your system, the less accurate shot gets rewarded more.

Why should a player who completely shanks a kick and gets a behind be rewarded than a player who has a more accurate shot but hits the post?
it bounces back into play and is still 'live' so attacking team has chance to regain possession and convert or get another opportunity to score ..either way, i'd argue it's more exciting & adds another small layer of chaos

going through for a behind gives the defending team the ball back regardless

No it's not.

Hits the goal post, its a behind. Hits the point post, it's OOB.
This is not soccer, or rugby. It's AFL, and he rules have been set over 100 years ago, And it is a great game.

Just because you don't like the review system, you don't change the rules.

Maybe do away with the review system, and the Goal umpires.
We have the technology.
do you know how many rule changes they've had in just the last 10 yrs of the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back