Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

50 metres for giving the ball to the wrong player resulting in a goal.. that's wrong. Time wasting? Why would the Bomber's player want to be wasting time when they were down by 5 points with 90 seconds left? Dumb call.
There is such an over-adjudication of our game now and zero common sense used in umpiring.

50 metres for giving the ball to the wrong player resulting in a goal.. that's wrong. Time wasting? Why would the Bomber's player want to be wasting time when they were down by 5 points with 90 seconds left? Dumb call.

To allow his teammates to get back and on their opponents so they can’t move it quickly.

Most blatant and always paid interpretation.

Anyway, I do laugh at the AFL website talking up the Suns victory as some major upset, were Essendon even favourites?

To allow his teammates to get back and on their opponents so they can’t move it quickly.

Most blatant and always paid interpretation.

Anyway, I do laugh at the AFL website talking up the Suns victory as some major upset, were Essendon even favourites?
But he gave it to a Suns player anyway. Either one of them was going to kick it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just thinking about that “campaigner”.
Did anyone screenshot who he was.
What an idiot.
He brought bad juju on his Dees for sure.
Funny thing is I thought at the time that making that kind of post was just asking for a heavy dose of karma. I was hoping it would come in the form of us flogging them next week but this is an early present. Fingers crossed they bring this weeks form in to the KB clash.

Funny thing is I thought at the time that making that kind of post was just asking for a heavy dose of karma. I was hoping it would come in the form of us flogging them next week but this is an early present. Fingers crossed they bring this weeks form in to the KB clash.
Oh for sure he’s still put bad juju on the Dees for this week.
Calling us “campaigners” and telling us to suck shit. What will it say about his team when we topple them this week with our extensive injury list.

giving the ball back to the wrong player has always been a 50 metre penalty.

If players want to waste time they need to go back to what they used to do…. Hold on to the hall for five seconds waiting for the umpire to confirm who to give the ball back to. Perfectly legal !

Exactly.

One thing’s for sure, the last couple of rounds are going to be exciting. Can pretty much throw a blanket over teams 2-11 at the moment.

Of course we can expect a couple to drop off and a couple to separate themselves higher up, but there will no doubt be very little separating a lot of ladder positions.

Umpiring is ruining close games of afl

Things like throwing ball to wrong player or umpire/the standing rule should be 25 metre penalties and swearing etc.

The rest yes 50 metres

Ruining games yes but the umpires are also keeping games close imo.

I would have felt some empathy for Essendon but after the Freo and Nichols incident well hahaha to Essendon.

giving the ball back to the wrong player has always been a 50 metre penalty.

If players want to waste time they need to go back to what they used to do…. Hold on to the hall for five seconds waiting for the umpire to confirm who to give the ball back to. Perfectly legal !
But it was in the Bombers best interest to move the ball on quicker. Not waste time. Or hold the game up. He had 2 Sun's players standing next to each other right in front of him & he gave it one of them when the ump said Suns ball..

But it was in the Bombers best interest to move the ball on quicker. Not waste time. Or hold the game up. He had 2 Sun's players standing next to each other right in front of him & he gave it one of them when the ump said Suns ball..

Yeah the time wasting angle makes zero sense here. I like seeing the bombers lose as much as the next man but they need to add a bit of common sense to their decisions. Have a feel for the game and the situation. Unfortunately common sense isn’t very common anymore.

Doesn’t really matter whose interest it’s in. That bits not in the rule book. Fair enough my comments about time wasting are not appropriate for this example, I just mentioned it as I saw some irony

The worst umpiring decision in that match went in Essendons favour when given a 50 after being tackled when he immediately played on. At worst thst should have been a “ go back and take your kick” and that would have been very generous. Should have been holding the ball, not “ you didn’t stand even though I didn’t have time to call stand “

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back