Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Fwiw I’ve rather enjoyed watching what the Hawks have done this year. Their football has a pleasing aesthetic to it. Not sure why so many here are gloating about their loss.

Port on the other hand are a bunch of frauds but they deserved the win today. They aren’t nearly consistent enough to play with the fire they did today for two more consecutive weeks though - they’ll be an easy kill on the way in.

Which rock do you reside under?

As much I enjoyed seeing hawks lose in the manner they did last night , I can't help but think how much more formidable this side is going to get next year with the inclusions of barras, battle and also maturing a bit more . They were also missing will day who could have been the difference in last night's game . I just hope they become the new port ( dominate during h&a and turn into perennial chokers in finals ).

Very relived that Port got up, and it was an amazing game.

Hinkley should not have had a crack at Ginni. Senior coach and all that - really it’s not on.

But he’s an emotional man, wears his heart on his sleeve, and his relief at winning would have been immense. So kind of understandable given the circumstances.

As for Ginni, loved him at the Pies, but he’s taking forever to grow up, and that tweet of last week was just dumb. Did he and his team no favours.

The other thing that’s really annoyed me with all this stuff about Ginni and the Hawks is that they claim they know how to handle him and make him happy - and by implication the Pies and Fly did not.

Yeah, OK, well look where that’s got you. He’s still a pest and a pest who attracts the wrong kind of attention in the week before a cut throat final?

Last edited:

Hinkley should not have had a crack at Ginni. Senior coach and all that - really it’s not on.

But he’s an emotional man, wears his heart on his sleeve, and his relief at winning would have been immense. So kind of understandable given the circumstances.

As for Ginni, loved him at the Pies, but he’s taking forever to grow up, and that tweet of last week was just dumb. Did him and his team no favours.

The other thing that’s really annoyed me with all this stuff about Ginni and the Hawks is that they claim they know how to handle him and make him happy - and by implication the Pies and Fly did not.

Yeah, OK, well look where that’s got you. He’s still a pest and a pest who attracts the wrong kind of attention in the week before a cut throat final?
Let’s see how Hawthorn deal with off season Ginnivan.

As for Ginni, loved him at the Pies, but he’s taking forever to grow up, and that tweet of last week was just dumb. Did he and his team no favours.

They ‘know how to handle him’ by giving him his head to do what he wants. That never, ever ends well.

I like all the banter. I like the fact that Ginni did his thing on social media, and if he wants to open himself up, that’s for him to deal with. If it becomes an issue for the team, that’s different, but he may have the blessing of the players.

I do think the coaches should stay out of it. Kenny shouldn’t have got in a slanging match. Leave it to his players.

Mitchell was even more embarrassing with the ‘he is older, he should know better’ comment and basically acting like a child sooking it up.

And it’s just difficult for Siciliy. He has his challenges. Can’t expect much more from him. His player wanted to play the game, let him learn he needs to cop it as well. He should have said nothing and honoured his 300 game teammate.

Spot on VP. At least when he was a pest the night before our biggest final it didn’t cost us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwiw I’ve rather enjoyed watching what the Hawks have done this year. Their football has a pleasing aesthetic to it. Not sure why so many here are gloating about their loss.

Port on the other hand are a bunch of frauds but they deserved the win today. They aren’t nearly consistent enough to play with the fire they did today for two more consecutive weeks though - they’ll be an easy kill on the way in.
They did win 8 of their last 9 to the end of the season including a 112 point demolition of the top team.

I think you’re harsh on Port. They may be one of the few teams who trouble the swans.

I think they look a far better team without Dixon in that forward line.

Wonder if Ginni will feel the slightest bit of guilt over that post? Was pretty harmless but anytime you do anything to fire up your opposition, it is probably better not to do it. And Hinkley in the pre-match put Ginni to the sword by saying they did use it.

My guess is Ginni will tell himself that he should just “keep being me”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And you know that’s all for nought because Sydney wil pump Port next week anyway and those flogs will suffer. They got their minute of support from neutrals last night because they played Flogthorn. Normal transmission resumes next week.
They’ll be flat as tacks next week because that was pure emotion. The only caveat being that their 3 best players still didn’t deliver. JHF was the pick of the bunch, but still off his best.

I like all the banter. I like the fact that Ginni did his thing on social media, and if he wants to open himself up, that’s for him to deal with. If it becomes an issue for the team, that’s different, but he may have the blessing of the players.

I do think the coaches should stay out of it. Kenny shouldn’t have got in a slanging match. Leave it to his players.

Mitchell was even more embarrassing with the ‘he is older, he should know better’ comment and basically acting like a child sooking it up.

And it’s just difficult for Siciliy. He has his challenges. Can’t expect much more from him. His player wanted to play the game, let him learn he needs to cop it as well. He should have said nothing and honoured his 300 game teammate.
Yeah Mitchell should just STFU I think given his track record of repulsive jabs at opposition players

Wonder if Ginni will feel the slightest bit of guilt over that post? Was pretty harmless but anytime you do anything to fire up your opposition, it is probably better not to do it. And Hinkley in the pre-match put Ginni to the sword by saying they did use it.

My guess is Ginni will tell himself that he should just “keep being me”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ginni might be waking up this morning with a hint of remorse.

He and "the Wizard" together with Sicily have made Hawthorn a club that is loved by many.

Roos believes that Mitchell would be privately fuming:

They did win 8 of their last 9 to the end of the season including a 112 point demolition of the top team.

I think you’re harsh on Port. They may be one of the few teams who trouble the swans.

I think they look a far better team without Dixon in that forward line.

Agreed. Georgiades had more space to run into.

He'd do well at Collingwood.

Didn't look too good when he came off late in the game
Cramp, he’ll be fine to play. The question is whether they can get 20+ possessions out of him because I think that’s the minimum output they’ll need against the Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back