Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Just putting it on now, hope itā€™s not a shit game
Edit: it isnā€™t, the location is though.
Werribee is much maligned - its wetlands attract birds from all over the place

Werribee is much maligned - its wetlands attract birds from all over the place

Just like any other suburb, it has it's pockets of crazy but overall, it's a great little community. I'm perched high above the upper reaches of the river and the bird life is alive and well. We get the odd snake coming into the backyard but they're quite gentle if you leave them alone

Just like any other suburb, it has it's pockets of crazy but overall, it's a great little community. I'm perched high above the upper reaches of the river and the bird life is alive and well. We get the odd snake coming into the backyard but they're quite gentle if you leave them alone
Also home to the Werribee zoo. Have many happy memories there with the kids.

I lived in Little River for a time as a kid. Once rode my BMX to Werribee and back.

I lived in Little River for a time as a kid. Once rode my BMX to Werribee and back.
Sam Newman used to do "Street Talk" in Werribee quite often ..............

when he wasn't in Frankston

Little river is such a peaceful Little place. They probably should have built it closer to the freeway if they wanted to attract more people but it's nice as it is

Little river is such a peaceful Little place. They probably should have built it closer to the freeway if they wanted to attract more people but it's nice as it is
I went to school there. 60 kids and 3 teachers.

Should have started a band..... called it like the Little River Band
Isnā€™t the story that they got the name from seeing the turn off sign on the Geelong road?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brisbane will run out winners.
Big O a massive loss. But I still think they have too much fire power.
The more I listen to their players & coach speak, the more I hear how much they've learnt from us.

Playing more chaos footy, playing the moments, coming from behind, their small forwards running amok, gang tackling. And the way they still found a way despite Big O going off injured.

I think Fort is a good match up for Grundy. Both big bodies who like to wrestle in the ruck.

My brother in law was at a Pies v Cats game back in the day, he was a catā€™s supporter. He took a swing at a pieā€™s supporter, but the guy ducked and he punched our mother in law in the nose instead. Any recollections
Nah, mate.
Still never 'laid hands' on a woman in this lifetime.
(Can't be certain about previous ones!).

You seem to have watered your posts down from ā€œ the awful truth is that Geelong have got the jump on usā€ to ā€œ time will tell if we are as well placed as Geelongā€

They have got they jump on us.

They're making Prelims with some of their best ever already gone or sidelined this season.

They're already moving forward with the new breed of Holmes, Dempsey, Humphries, Henry, Mannagh, Bruhn, TDK etc and most would consider the Geelong team performance unexpected and above expectation this season. They'll be adding Smith at a minimum this off season.

God knows most of us thought their midfield to pox to make it as far as they did. And yet!

We're trying to hold back the tide and win another flag before the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek etc are gone.

Who knows how we fair in the short term once they've retired. I don't have a crystal ball. Geelong have already just made a Prelim with the equivalent players already gone or gone in season. They have evidence on their side.

They've defied expectation, not for the first time and unfortunately I doubt it'll be anything different next season.

They have got they jump on us.

They're making Prelims with some of their best ever already gone or sidelined this season.

They're already moving forward with the new breed of Holmes, Dempsey, Humphries, Henry, Mannagh, Bruhn, TDK etc and most would consider the Geelong team performance unexpected and above expectation this season. They'll be adding Smith at a minimum this off season.

God knows most of us thought their midfield to pox to make it as far as they did. And yet!

We're trying to hold back the tide and win another flag before the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek etc are gone.

Who knows how we fair in the short term once they've retired. I don't have a crystal ball. Geelong have already just made a Prelim with the equivalent players already gone or gone in season. They have evidence on their side.

They've defied expectation, not for the first time and unfortunately I doubt it'll be anything different next season.

All of the above may be true but their genuine match winner is really only Jezza. But he is that good that most of the time it's enough.

We definitely need reinforcements because Hawks (Barrass, Battle and Lewis back) Power, (Richards, maybe Luko? Cumming? And Lord back) Cats (Smith so far), Brions (the other Ashcroft and Coleman back from injury) and Swans (Stringer) will all be bolstering their stocks.

At the moment we appear to be getting weaker? (Noble and Richards).

Apart from the Tigers no one is voluntarily dropping down the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back