Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sick for saying this, but we should be barracking for Essendon over Dockers. Dockers are one of the teams who are a chance to fall out of the 8 and Essendon will lose one their last 3 - so we'll finish ahead of them anyway if we do what we have to do and sweep our last 3.
Yeah perhaps. Just looked at Dockers remaining games, and they probably have the hardest run home along with us.

Yeah perhaps. Just looked at Dockers remaining games, and they probably have the hardest run home along with us.
The GWS/Haw game is one where I don't know what's better.

GWS have a tough run home too - they'll be in trouble if they get rolled today, but Hawks will be pretty good things to finish above us if they win today (even if we sweep our last 3) , as they finish with two easy ones.

Sydney falling off a cliff and losing to Port, Dogs and Dockers may have ****ed us - even if we win all of them from here.

GWS have a tough run home too - they'll be in trouble if they get rolled today, but Hawks will be pretty good things to finish above us if they win today (even if we sweep our last 3) , as they finish with two easy ones.

Sydney falling off a cliff and losing to Port, Dogs and Dockers may have ****ed us - even if we win all of them from here.
I think I'd just prefer Hawks not to make finals.

Sydney probably tanking a few games to keep us out of the 8 😂

GWS win and they're effectively 3 games clear of us (due to our poor percentage) with 3 games to go.

Hawthorn win and both are 2 games clear.

Hawthorn winning today is the better result, they're one of the form sides of the competition and of the sides currently in the 8 GWS and Carlton are probably the only sides I could see us replacing if we by some miracle win our next 3.

Hawthorn play Carlton next week. GWS play Brisbane.

Yep looking at run homes the only teams I reckon we could knock out would be
GWS, Hawthorn, Carlton and Freo but we'd have to go past 2 of them which makes it tricky

Yep looking at run homes the only teams I reckon we could knock out would be
GWS, Hawthorn, Carlton and Freo but we'd have to go past 2 of them which makes it tricky
That's why I'd prefer Hawks & Blues to keep losing. Hawks because they seem to be are our bogey side & becoming very unlikeable. And Carlton, because.... they're Carlton.

And if we weren't to make it, I'd be barracking for Giants & Dockers over anyone else.

If any one game can highlight the absurd closeness of this season, it’s this one.

A 30-40 point win to GWS, and they’re 2nd.

30-40 point loss, they’re 9th.

… which would be entirely normal for round 4. Not round 21!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS win and they're effectively 3 games clear of us (due to our poor percentage) with 3 games to go.

Hawthorn win and both are 2 games clear.

Hawthorn winning today is the better result, they're one of the form sides of the competition and of the sides currently in the 8 GWS and Carlton are probably the only sides I could see us replacing if we by some miracle win our next 3.

Hawthorn play Carlton next week. GWS play Brisbane.
Freo have a tough finish. They're in danger if they lose today

Damn I think we want the Hawks to win. My only realistic scenario based on a few tries on the ladder predictors and my take on where teams are at is to bank on a free fall from Carlton and GWS so that is and the Hawks replace them in the 8. Outside of that I see little avenue as I think Freo and Dogs are too strong.

Brent Daniels playing the quarter of his life

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back