Other sports you've watched in the boring season.

Remove this Banner Ad

We took the family to see the baseball at Melbourne showgrounds today.
Tickets for a family of 5 around $30. Food and drinks at the venue $80 ( it was a double header and hot ).

The trouble with baseball is that there is a lot of dead time every time they change innings or change pitcher.
Also there is a lot of boring tactics, balancing stikes and Ball's, which doesn't really get appreaciated by young kids.

Melbourne Aces were awful apart from a couple of good innings ( I don't know if they came back and won the second game, we left early... 6 hours was enough ).

Highlight was when a Perth Heat shortstop disagreed with an umpire ( or referee, I dont know what they call them ) and had a meltdown. Yelling in the ref's face, then stormed back to their area threw off his faceguard and glove packed his bag and stormed out of the venue.

Attendance for the first game was One Thousand and something.

That shortstop must've been a sight to see.

Went to the cricket on Friday. It was good but thank the lord for Twenty20 cricket. For me, in an environment like that, 40 overs is enough. Still longer than a footy match which is long enough when you're there, especially when it's tense.

Something else weird at the baseball was that after the game the winning team all lined up.
The player at the head of the line then walked past all the others hi -fiving them, before walking of the ground.
The second, third etc then followed, ensuring that every player had hi-fived every other player.
My thoughts were , "that has to be an American thing" and "Since when were hi-fives a formalised thing"
I forsee a future where business men greet each other with somber faces and very formal hi-fives. Thank god I will be dead in 50 years or so.

Asian cup hasn't been to bad, but It means I've had to stay up to the wee hours of the morning.

The a league standard is up, but Its a little too predictable, boring and full of sameness. Brisbane will win, Fury will lose, 5 teams wear Blue (plus "Perth Purple).

Completely ridonkulous. Watching the J'-League (insert Irish accent) on Setanta Sports (end accent) has been pretty good though. Always funny to laugh at commentary you don't understand.

I never thought i would say this, but this summers cricket bored the pants off me. Yes it was the ashes and England, but zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The Rebels have been fantastic to watch (if inconsistent).

Saffy, Vuna, Gerrard, Phibbs, Yoda, Mortlock, Delve.....

It's good for me, as Union was my first love. I reckon a lot of people would learn to love it to with a bit of opportunity.

Yeah I'm a bit interested in Union, Far more than League ( Imagine AFL if you automatically turn it over after X number of posessions ).
What is the pricing for the games, I wouldnt mind going just so I can have an excuse to try out the new stadium? Are they televising any of it?

Pity they never have a rugby 7s tornament in Melbourne. I loved it at the Commonwealth games.

I've lived in Sydney for 20 years, yet suddenly have a soft spot for the Rebels
Guess I'm still Victorian at heart :p

I can't stand watching basketball or soccer for polar reasons. Too much scoring in basketball, may as well only play the last 2min. Not enough in soccer. Both great to play though! But terrible to watch imo

I haven't seen much sport in the off season. I quite like watching American baseball, almost because it is quite slow and you don't have to watch it avidly the whole time, much like cricket (though I could sit and watch 5 days of Test Match cricket all day, no problem)

I love sport, could watch anything, but tennis players are the only thing that come close to St Kilda on the care factor. Which is a bit annoying. Sure it's a ridiculousy shit standard to their male counterparts, but WTA dramas can easily keep me entertained when things are getting a bit hairy/boring down here. Helps when the off season is only a couple of weeks long.

Im sure some here watch it too.. for entirely different reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other sports you've watched in the boring season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back