Ottens is a DUD

Remove this Banner Ad

Ottens is the biggest all mighty dud of duds. You geelong supporters who posted stuff about how he had his best pre season ever and creamed your panties about his 1 good pre season game was brilliant :eek:.
I was waiting for the fall.
And like the true over paid hack he is he fails on game 1.
When will certain geelong supporters wake up?

Brad Ottens is now officially the biggest DUD in the AFL, he has overtaken Mark Bolton and of course former AFL player A.Hennemen. Ottens is a waste of money and space for Geelong, a big fella like him should be instilling confidence in the team but instead his lack of performance is the start of the cancer that is infecting his team. Yes i do blame Ottens, we have all played in teams where a big forward never delivers and it hurts you everywhere. DITCH HIM THOMMO

and your club is ? idiot :thumbsdown:

Meyer and Pattison are useless.

the're probably all useless the whole lot of 'em - Ottens, Meyer and Pattison. Let's not split hairs.

except only 1 of them had a mass media conference to herald his arrival as the great hope that would take their team to a premiership....hmmm get the difference sunshine!

Ottens, needs to go in hard, I am not sure whether he is scared of hurting himself or others but with his size he should be able to bust open packs when he jumps for the ball, he should be making the backmen worry the he is going for the ball and they are in his way knowing that they get flattened That is the mark of a good strong forward i.e. Hall, Brown, Fev, Lloyd, Pav. and previouis greats such as Ablett and Lockett

Ottens, needs to go in hard, I am not sure whether he is scared of hurting himself or others but with his size he should be able to bust open packs when he jumps for the ball, he should be making the backmen worry the he is going for the ball and they are in his way knowing that they get flattened That is the mark of a good strong forward i.e. Hall, Brown, Fev, Lloyd, Pav. and previouis greats such as Ablett and Lockett

The problem with BDO (Big Dud Otto) is that on his first day at the Cattery, they gave him a nice floral handbag to match his skirt and stilleto's.

This guy is as soft as butter. He should be terrorising backlines with his size, but can't take a grab, just falls to his knees, and lets the ball easily out of the forward line.

Now all Geelong supporters can say is look how many hit outs he had!

I am not going to defend his game against the dogs, it was a shocker.
The fact is he's played 2 games for the year including pre season,what has J Brown done in his 2 games, less then Ottens wait till round 5 before judgement is past.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the're probably all useless the whole lot of 'em - Ottens, Meyer and Pattison. Let's not split hairs.

except only 1 of them had a mass media conference to herald his arrival as the great hope that would take their team to a premiership....hmmm get the difference sunshine!

Kent Kingsley had a press conference to!! nothing must be good at ritchmond

HE IS A DUD RUCKMAN

WHAT A CROCK OF ****!

He's actually an extremely solid ruckman. Most would have trouble vs 2 or 3 bulldogs defenders, when its bombed on top of their head. Got his hands on several, with a a few grabs at some, but was just getting scragged too much.

You idiots talking it up as a failure after 1 round, well, you're just proving your idiocy. And please show me where Geelong fans talked up his awesome preseason?

you're right .. our weak defence was no match for the mighty Hawthorn fire power of Roughead, Boyle and Williams :) LOL

... oh yeah .. and that squib Franklin (has he taken an overhead mark yet?)

Carlton > Hawthorn.

The same Franklin you told me a week ago was the best young player ever?

Are you TheSheik? See, there's you... The Sheik, and then TheSheik who registered years ago (and he still posts here).

Are you him or someone completely different who just by coincidence hs the same name, but in a different format?

HE IS A DUD RUCKMAN AND A DUD FORWARD, bet Geelong would love to get Maloney back for him, i mean what trade value is he now? Geelong are better off playing Mooney, N.Ablett and Playfair on there forward line at least the three of them are some chance of taking a mark.

Here we go again. He was awful on Sunday and Wight killed him. Some fans can bitch about the delivery to him, but that is just typical excuse making. He wasn't good enough on the day. Simple as that. But he has played some good games as a forward for Geelong also. You'll never read that in the papers however.

However, he is most certainly NOT a dud ruckman. He's actually a pretty good one, but in my view doesn't play there nearly enough. I would prefer for him to play every game as a ruckman first and foremost - starting this week. If he does I'll be a lot more confident of our chances against Carlton.

Here we go again. He was awful on Sunday and Wight killed him. Some fans can bitch about the delivery to him, but that is just typical excuse making. He wasn't good enough on the day. Simple as that. But he has played some good games as a forward for Geelong also. You'll never read that in the papers however.

However, he is most certainly NOT a dud ruckman. He's actually a pretty good one, but in my view doesn't play there nearly enough. I would prefer for him to play every game as a ruckman first and foremost - starting this week. If he does I'll be a lot more confident of our chances against Carlton.

Too true. Champion Data observed that Ottens won the hitout 51% of the time last season giving him the best strike rate of any ruckman. Can take a contested mark too.

He's a ruckman, and a good one, who can play forward a bit. Anyone could see that. Whoever decided to recruit him as the key forward saviour has a lot to answer for.

Exactly. But try convincing anyone from geelong of this.
He was sold to Geelong as a key forward which was one of the biggest cons of all time. Now the powers that be at Geelong refuse to accept the obvious. It's pathetic, but very very funny.

Had flower power been invented when Geelong last won a GF?

Too true. Champion Data observed that Ottens won the hitout 51% of the time last season giving him the best strike rate of any ruckman. Can take a contested mark too.

That doesnt really sound logical. It must mean that every other single ruckmen in the AFL won the hitouts at exacty 50% each.

If Ottens' is Mr Big with 51% that means there can be no lower than 49% meaning everyone else is 49-50% which would seem to imply that ruck contests are pretty much a strictly 50-50 match up every single time (except when Mr 51% plays) therefore completley nullifying the need or purpose of ruckman all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ottens is a DUD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back