Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 17, 2001
Here, obviously
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC
What a season by the Crows women's side. Exciting play, guns in Phillips, Marinoff, Perkins and Randall, and now a GF beckons.

This year's stats:

As a side
  • 2nd in kicks
  • 2nd in disposals
  • 3rd in tackles
  • 1st in marks inside 50
  • 1st in contested possessions
  • 1st in goals scored
Our players in the Top 10 of the league
  • Kicks: Phillips #3, Marinoff #7 (Randall #11)
  • Disposals: Phillips #6, Marinoff #9
  • Marks: Randall #6
  • Hitouts: Metcalfe #3
  • Tackles: Marinoff #1 (with 70 - #2 has 49). :thumbsu: :fire:
  • Goals: Perkins #2, Phillips #4
  • Contested possessions: Phillips #1, Marinoff #5
  • Contested marks: Perkins #4
  • Clearances: Phillips #2 (Marinoff #11)
  • Stoppages: Phillips #1, Marinoff #10
  • One percenters: Randall #4 (Anderson #11)
  • Inside 50s: Phillips #2, Marinoff #3, Randall #5
  • Goal assists: Phillips #2
  • Marks inside 50: Perkins #1, Phillips #7

Great work by the whole side, but these players dominated.

And if Erin Phillips doesn't win the MVP this year ...

Last edited:

There's absolutely no way the Vics let Phillips win the award...... they probably already wrote D.Peace on it.

Exactly, fingers crossed they surprise us though.

If she does miss out AFL will claim that we didn't play very well in the last 3 matches which caused others to overtake.

Any reason why Phillips wasn't talked up more? Probably had the best CV in the league coming in, plus a footballer father. It's a good story. Anything I ever saw was about daisy Pearce and the collingwood player with the tats.

And the fact that neither made the gf makes me happy.

Not having played for over a decade probably contributed to the lack of hype!

Excellent stats. Having three players in the top 5 for inside 50s really highlights how dominant we've been through the centre this season, those are just crazy numbers.

I'd like to see a comparison with Phillips vs Pearce, and I'll admit I haven't watched many non-Crows games this year (only two I think) but it's hard to imagine a better AFLW player than Phillips. She's done it all, all over the ground, and hasn't had one poor match. To be 4th in the comp for goals, 2nd for goal assists AND 6th in the comp for disposals, it's hard to get better than that!

I'll do the comparison myself. To be honest, it's pretty damn close with Pearce generally a touch ahead of Phillips in the raw disposal numbers, but Phillips ahead otherwise. Goals is a real standout, only one for Daisy vs 8 for Phillips. Pearce probably had her pipped in the midfield, but then Phillips didn't spend as much time in the midfield. I guess it comes down to what is more useful - a star midfielder, or a star midfield/forward?

Erin Phillips vs Daisy Pearce

Disposals: Phillips 132 (6th) v Pearce 153 (1st)
Kicks: Phillips 98 (3rd) v Pearce 79 (8th)
Handballs: Phillips 34 (14th) v Pearce 84 (1st)
Contested Possessions: Phillips 91 (1st) v Pearce (81) (2nd)
Goals: Phillips 8 (5th) v Pearce 1 (54th)
Goal Assists: Phillips 4 (2nd) v Pearce 5 (1st)
Tackles: Phillips 23 (30th) v Pearce 36 (9th)
Marks: Phillips 16 (19th) v Pearce 16 (19th)
Contested Marks: Phillips 6 (9th) v Pearce 3 (26th)
Marks inside 50: Phillips 7 (10th) v Pearce 3 (29th) (Perkins 1st in this category with 15, ahead of next best in 11)
Inside 50s: Phillips 26 (2nd) v Pearce 20 (7th)
Clearances: Phillips 34 (2nd) v Pearce 24 (5th)
Centre Clearances: Phillips 11 (3rd) v Pearce 11 (3rd)
Stoppages: Phillips 23 (1st) v Pearce 13 (14th)
Frees for: Phillips 20 (1st) v Pearce 4 (80th) (okay maybe this one isn't anything to be proud of :p)
Time on Ground: Phillips 97.6% (5th) v Pearce 89.4% (31st)

Also, just for anyone like me who was interested in hitouts, here are the raw numbers for the top 10:

Emma King (COLL) 199
Erin McKinnon (GWS) 154
Rhiannon Metcalf (ADEL) 121
Lauren Pearce (MELB) 99
Tiarna Ernst (WB) 90
Alison Downie (CARL) 89
Breann Moody (CARL) 83
Sharni Webb (BL) 58
Alicia Jazn (FRE) 47
Sabrina Frederick-Traub (BL) 43

Emma King a mile ahead of the rest of the comp, especially since Wotton and Schleicher combined for 53 more for the Pies. Metcalfe playing mostly a lone hand for the Crows with our next best being 17 hitouts from each of Perkins and Allan.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disposals: Phillips 132 (6th) v Pearce 153 (1st)
Kicks: Phillips 98 (3rd) v Pearce 79 (8th)
Handballs: Phillips 34 (14th) v Pearce 84 (1st)
Contested Possessions: Phillips 91 (1st) v Pearce (81) (2nd)
Goals: Phillips 8 (5th) v Pearce 1 (54th)
Goal Assists: Phillips 4 (2nd) v Pearce 5 (1st)
Tackles: Phillips 23 (30th) v Pearce 36 (9th)
Marks: Phillips 16 (19th) v Pearce 16 (19th)
Contested Marks: Phillips 6 (9th) v Pearce 3 (26th)
Marks inside 50: Phillips 7 (10th) v Pearce 3 (29th) (Perkins 1st in this category with 15, ahead of next best in 11)
Inside 50s: Phillips 26 (2nd) v Pearce 20 (7th)
Clearances: Phillips 34 (2nd) v Pearce 24 (5th)
Centre Clearances: Phillips 11 (3rd) v Pearce 11 (3rd)
Stoppages: Phillips 23 (1st) v Pearce 13 (14th)
Frees for: Phillips 20 (1st) v Pearce 4 (80th) (okay maybe this one isn't anything to be proud of :p)
Time on Ground: Phillips 97.6% (5th) v Pearce 89.4% (31st)
Looking at those numbers the eye test on what gains higher traction are disposals and Pearce is well ahead in this regard. It will be the intangibles and goals that may push Erin above Daisy Pearce.

For me the best player is always the one who turns a game, or wins it. That is Erin Phillips

Looking at those numbers the eye test on what gains higher traction are disposals and Pearce is well ahead in this regard. It will be the intangibles and goals that may push Erin above Daisy Pearce.

For me the best player is always the one who turns a game, or wins it. That is Erin Phillips

When you are the lone hand in a losing midfield, then that can exaggerate your numbers and in the umpires eyes. Daisy might get a couple of one or two votes by Phillips should have at least three best on ground wrapped up. It's the Brisbane players who were dominant that will also be the ones to look out for for the award.

Is it going to be a big night that is on telly? Will there be a red carpet where they ask the players Husbands, Wives or Partners what they're wearing and who they think will win?

They have an opportunity to really put women's sport in the spotlight with this.

They could make little packages about each team and how extraordinary some of these women are!

When you are the lone hand in a losing midfield, then that can exaggerate your numbers and in the umpires eyes. Daisy might get a couple of one or two votes by Phillips should have at least three best on ground wrapped up. It's the Brisbane players who were dominant that will also be the ones to look out for for the award.

As it stands the bigfooty POTY voting hasn't even got Phillips as the highest polling Crow (Randall on 8 to Phillips and Marinoff on 7)

No doubt that'll change after this weekend, but still.. just a thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back