Our Best Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Glass is too easily overlooked by everyone, doesnt stand out but is the best defender in the league, rarely gets beaten and is a great leader. Without Glass, who has continually improved despite his age, the last year and a half may not have happenned.

You've only gotta watch Glass in the moments before the ball is coming to his contest, he moves into the best position EVERY time, before the forward has a chance to gain the body contact/momentum advantage. In fact, if Glass gets beaten, chances are something completely unforeseen occurred, like a terrible mistake up-field or a shocking bounce (ala vs Carlton in 4th quarter of last year's semifinal). Glass is the player in our team who plays his position at a close to 100% success rate.

The whingers on the main board following the Carlton match last week commented that Glass always gets away with holding his opponent. I haven't seen him do anything that other defenders don't get away with.

Cox is a shade behind, and Kerr gets affected by tags too much, but his importance to the team is unquestionable particularly in big games. Hurn similar to Kerr in his capacity for damaging play but susceptibility to tags.

Of the younguns coming through, NicNait, Shuey, Gaff, Darling and Schofield all have extreme AA potential.

Most talented? LeCras.
Greatest impact on games? Kerr at the moment (when on song), Naitanui/Darling in the near future.
Most reliable? Glass.
Most versatile? Cox but soon to be Naitanui.

Hard to pinpoint the 'best player' as this is subjective and open to interpretation. You can define the term by alluding to those descriptions I used above.

Honourable mentions to Scott Selwood on a fantastic year which I am sure will continue for years to come, in addition to Shuey, Gaff and Schofield who have all excelled too.

Flip a coin between Kerr, Glass, Cox & Lecras. Each on their day can rip a team to pieces.

However Naitanui is fast becoming unstoppable. His taps to advantage almost always send us forward and he is learning more and more each game how to position himself around the ground to influence the contest. Once he does this on a regular basis i don't see any match up in the AFL that will be able to curtail him. I think he may very well be starting to realize this.

Greatest impact on games? Kerr at the moment (when on song), Naitanui/Darling in the near future.

You proved your own point wrong there. Kerr only has significant impact when he is released from tags, sadly.

I don't think we have a standout, which speaks a lot about the performance of the team. The most consistent great players IMO are Glass, Cox, Priddis and Scooter. Naitanui as well this year, and he has a ceiling that the others can't match.

If it comes down to who can win crucial contests in an important final, I'm backing Glass and Kerr. Naitanui and Darling from the younger brigade.

Kennedy or LeCras..... :eek: now the realisation that we're playing the whole year without who I consider our best two players! woe is me what 2012 could have been!

Still the big premiership boys...Glass Cox and Kerr but Nic Nac is going to shoot past the lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flip a coin between Kerr, Glass, Cox & Lecras. Each on their day can rip a team to pieces.

However Naitanui is fast becoming unstoppable. His taps to advantage almost always send us forward and he is learning more and more each game how to position himself around the ground to influence the contest. Once he does this on a regular basis i don't see any match up in the AFL that will be able to curtail him. I think he may very well be starting to realize this.

He realized this 5/6 years ago, but also realized he had to work to make it happen.;)

Darren Glass is definitley the best player on our list, the best fullback in the league. Who else on our list is the best player in the league in their respective position (perhaps Coxy) I think Schuey and NicNat will be the best players on our list in 3 years time.

Schuey is he a product of schoey and shuey as one super player put together to destroy? Also where can we get one? ;)

He realized this 5/6 years ago, but also realized he had to work to make it happen.;)

I assure you Naita has not realized his potential because the Universe has not imploded yet...

This is actually a really hard question. We have no stand-out. Just a bunch of very good players.
Our best player would probably be Glass or Cox just on consistency.

Kerr frustrates me. He isn't our best player any-more i think we need to accept that.

One could easily make arguments for Lecras, Kennedy, Priddis, Scooter, Naitanui and Shuey.

Our most irreplaceable and important player would be Kennedy imo. We are actually so even on the top end. Its a strength but a weakness at the same time. We still just need that one player who consistently week in week out seriously contributes to the win. We don't have a player like that. A true superstar. eg. Franklin, Judd, Swan, Pendlbury, J Selwood, Watson. A player that can't really be tagged.

In the Future i expect Shuey and Nic Nat to be our best players.

This is one of the things I really like about Nic Nat, he is confident enough in his talent to take people on yet understands that he needs to work to realise his potential. Separates him from someone like Laurence Angwin

Hmm depends... if there was 1 player that i'm all like "Get him on and around the ball dammit!" during crunch time it's Nicnat.
Nicnat is who i want around the ball 24/7, he is just a cheat and you can't beat him sometimes.

Most reliable? Glass
Most Consistent? Scooter/Priddis

Kerr's has always been up there for me. And shuey i suppose, only shueys 2012 is a shadow of his 2011.
^ These 2 are actually my 2 favourite players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Best Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back