Our Crowd: Are we mutes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me wonder are they like Richmond in ways?

So many players in the right age bracket but haven't really truly challenged yet.

Disagree though they should've won by more, our turnovers and decision making and skills killed us and they killed us on the counter, that was the difference in the game, plus their 2 main guys up forward kicked half of their score.

Sorry I didn't make it clear what I meant, not so much the game, but their age, experience and list.

I got told off for cheering to loud, from a fellow doggies supporters disgraceful
As long as you weren't swearing or directing your cheers to someone else, then no one should tell you off.

I remember one game when I was a teenager at Etihad in the early Docklands days, some whinging Essendon git kept telling me and my brothers to stop waving our flags when we kicked a goal, told him to shut up, flog was about 3-4 years older than me.

The Great southern Stand was rocking all night with chants of Bulldogs, Etihad would have gone off it the game was played there.

The Great southern Stand was rocking all night with chants of Bulldogs, Etihad would have go off it the game was played there.

I was in the Olympic stand on level two - it was loud for ten minutes then flat :(

There were still far too many introverts within the supporter base. In my rows only in the last quarter did they get into it at all and am talking about teens and older who should know the importance of noise to lift the team.

Each year I write to the club to say how we need co-ordinated noise around the ground instead of these individual segments chanting. Hawthorn had/still have a person in different bays to lead them all as one and they make it loud. Even the silver spoons create a united block of sound at the G.

I'm usually quiet and dislike loud shouting etc. But last night it was socially acceptable to go a bit over the top.
For other games, do you listen to the radio or crowd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The atmosphere after Stringer's goal in the 4th was brilliant I thought. So much so that I pulled out my phone to record it. Not such pleasant viewing now though :(

The atmosphere after Stringer's goal in the 4th was brilliant I thought. So much so that I pulled out my phone to record it. Not such pleasant viewing now though :(
Was about to say the same. Stringer's goal in the last, the crowd would have blown the roof off of Etihad. I think as a supporter base we are scarred. We aren't typically a cocky bunch because we don't have a great deal to brag about. Personally, I'm optimistic but not arrogant or cocky. As soon as Adelaide piled on the goals at the end of the first I had a sense that we'd lose. Had the same sense kick in in '09 after half time when a certain Saints player was awarded a free kick. As dogs, we're once bitten, twice shy.

MCC was pretty loud, especially when Jake dropped that bomb in the last.

I was in the forward pocket up at the Northern Stand end, camped between two sets of Adelaide morons, and when we hit the front in the last quarter, our supporters were asleep, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Very disappointing, my voice box is knackered today, along with the body. Far too long drive home after game, problem with living in Inverloch, lol.

Were you the dude running up and down the aisle high fiving?
No that's not me, I know clapper though he sits in our bay on home games, I was M14 z so near the start of the under hang older woollen bulldog jumper standing up with my dad backing the guy up who runs up the aisle. Loved cheering loud getting the crowd going

Were you the dude running up and down the aisle high fiving?
No that's not me, I know clapper though he sits in our bay on home games, I was M14 z so near the start of the under hang older woollen bulldog jumper standing up with my dad backing the guy up who runs up the aisle. Loved cheering loud getting the crowd going

Went with a few mates and the clapper guy was gold.

Even our "march" was timid, wasn't like a march to battle of passionate fans at all. Was more like a quiet family stroll in the park
But I was at the game, we were pretty vocal. But could have taken over the G and made the whole game our domain and drown out the other team when they had the ball, like Seattle fans do in the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Crowd: Are we mutes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back