Our current top 25 in order

Remove this Banner Ad

don't get me wrong i love him and he plays with his heart n soul but i just rekon fans overrate him. Just reading some of the posts above some people rate him above guys Hurn and Darling. Shep had a great 2015 but his 2016 was pretty average. His defensive work is excellent but offensively he's not as great and he along with wellingham not providing us defensive run kinda hurt us. As a midsize defender you are not only expected to excell defensively but also provide some offensive run. Going back to the point of him being rated above guys like darling and hurn. Both have had many seasons of great performances and both those guys had good years this season. Jack shat the bed a bit in the final but 44 goals as a second fiddle forward was good. Bunga started slowly but was the only defender that provided decent run from defence.
No point really comparing him to Darling, complete apples and oranges scenario.

I'd say he's at least on par with Hurn.

No point really comparing him to Darling, complete apples and oranges scenario.

I'd say he's at least on par with Hurn.
you gotta in the ranking or this whole list won't work. Id have bunga ahead. done it for longer. I think Hurn goes under the radar (yes i agree his output since the captaincy has gone down a tad) but hurn is probably the only defender in our side that has a great balance between his defensive and offensive game. His kicking is elite and give us a point of difference and many sides just dont have a guy that can gets 65m low dart onto the chest of a leading player and when his own he is super dangerous.

Hurn's ball use is nothing special.
Yes it is. When he has the ball he almost always makes the right decision and it's usually also pin point. Who do we have that is better out of the back line? Personally I feel safe when he has the ball..

Quite a difficult task to rank 25. I would have it like this as a combination of current form and importance.

Kennedy
Natanui
Shuey
McGovern
Mitchell
Priddis
Darling
Gaff
Hurn
Sheed
Wellingham
Lycett