scottydeewah

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I really want to know what you guys think. As an Cats supporter I am SO glad you have Thomas at the helm as you are a MASSIVE threat to us. You are still the only team that actually SCARES me. Geelong early 90's set almost every scoring record, they were a scoring MACHINE. Crows lat 90's won two flags with a score at all costs attitutude. You sacked, and yes i said sacked do not believe he walked because that is not true, to put Thomas in charge! I for one am so happy that this guy is in control of your team. With the attacking options you have Blighty would be in freaking heaven.

How are you getting so outcoached so poorly on matchday. Could your club sack your coach even though you are not in the bottom four? With the draw ahead I dont think you are in any real danger but if you lose ANY of the next 6 it will be a disgrace and probably due to poor coaching again. You still have a fantastic team but are a lot less forboding with Thomas at the helm.

Another question...can DAL SANTO BE ANY MORE OF A FREAK?
(he is an absolute nutter! Brownlows will come, as will $$$ and hot woman!! dude will go down as a champion)

See my thread on why we aren't winning. Yeah it may have something to do with Grant Thomas but I always thought he was pretty good.

I think there are 2 bad coaches in the league who havent produced with there respective cattle.
Thomas and Connelly
Time will tell but you only ever get one good shot at it and now is yours and theres.

Very frustrating, whether we need a new head coach or not isnt really the issue, but more that GT steps down from leading the match day strategies. Give the job to TD on match day, and have GT give the final motivational word QT and TQT speeches.

GT came out and spoke the other day that he believes match day motivation is much better than match day strategy. I disagree. When you're getting beaten like that and looking flat on your feet, the players need DIRECTION, not motivation. It's no good them being psyched up if they dont know what they should be doing as a team.

If i were a saints player last night, i'd be asking the question of the coach as to what the hell we can do to get back in the game.

Here is an outsiders perspective:

Grant Thomas being a premiership coach - that will be the day. The guy's got no idea and to replace Blight for him was a disaster.

If Thomas stays, you will win zero flags.

Now that Eade & Wallace have been taken, who can coach you next year if Thomas falls over???

I dont know about zero flags. When the saints are on you wouldnt need to coach them. The problem is when you come up against a team and everything is not going your way Thomas doesnt make good changes and doesnt appear to have another game plan. The crows tried one thing the other night, it failed so they changed game plan and you guys didnt adapt. Against the Cats you lost two players to injury, yet got suckered into playing a very tiring style of football. Why because Geelong knew that if it was within a few goals they are a very good at running out a game in a normal week let alone against a team down on personal.

Your top 5 players are VERY VERY good
Your top next 5 are quality
Your next 5 are good
Your next 5 are hangers on
Your coach is a DUD

And if you think I am just on hating your team you may be right, you guys are a major threat to us right now. Your premiership door is opening at the same time our is. BUT your players will struggle to walk through it with GT leading the way

With a draw like Dons, Collingwood, Dogs, Richmond and Hawthorn in the couple of months you guys should be laughing. Drop 2 or 3 of these and I expect your supporters to be baying for blood.

as long as they dont replace GT with Spud.

There are plenty of retired coaches that wouldnt mind a crack at the saints lineup, could always go for blight again but i doubt he'd be too pleased after the previous split.

Blighty would be wicked. After being fired by a bloke and his mate who then put himself in charge he must secretly be liking this mini fall from grace. I think you guys will be alright, your draw coming up is amazingly easy but the pressure is on, and pressure can be an pretty powerful thing.

You could always put my left nut in the box as coach on match day. Better looking than Spud and more capable than GT.

Norm Smith or Jock McHale in their prime couldn't have coached St Kilda to victory on Friday night. No coach tells his players not to chase opponents, not provide options to his team mate when he has the ball. They were pathetic and it is the players and only the players to blame, under 16's would have put in a bigger effort than that.

scottydeewah, employing Blighty was a big mistake by our club, firing him wasn't. He didn't want to coach but we offered him too much money for him to just sit back and continue playing golf in Palm Cove, instead he came down here took our money played a lot of golf and blamed his underprepared sides performances on the culture of the club rather than the fact he didn't coach them.

GT has got the hardest gig going around, if we were to win the flag it is because of the players he still can't coach, if we don't win a flag it's because he can't coach. What people forget is that flag's don't grow on trees and just to expect that this team will win on is silly, anyway that's my rant for the day.

Flags definately don't grow on trees for the Saints...

And to Scottydeewah, there are no easy games this year. Any of those teams could knock off the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

outcoached?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back