Opinion Outrageous takes

Remove this Banner Ad

We all have some opinions we know are well against the norm and are a bit crazy.
With time some seem to come to fruition as being good calls..
Others over time end up looking ridiculous!
Many are forever unresolved.
We need a safe place to make these outrageous calls!
Really early I was huge on both Daniels and Taylor. I was sure both would be stars. Correct on Taylor, almost universally correct on Daniels.
Incorrect calls, I was telling everyone that Delidio was the final piece. The greatest signing in our history. Even as injuries were happening I was resolute.
They go both ways!
Full disclosure I have one coming which is the motivation for the thread .
Let's here people's outrageous takes.

I was completely against Buddy coming to the club, thought he wouldn’t add anything that wouldn’t come with growth naturally and was over the moon we got Mummy and Shaw.

I now disagree with that an think that as much as Mummy and Shaw were great for us footy wise, off field losing Buddy hurt the clubs growth.

Last edited:

The motivation for the thread is this take.
Toby McMullin becomes a star.
The more I see the more I love.
He is disciplined to stick to his role.
He is as clean as can be and takes terrific options, often aggressive options and rarely makes a mistake.
He wins contests on the ground and in the air.
I think he will be terrific.
My outrageous call. He makes AA at least once and wins a BnF .
Huge take!

Outrageous also for a few of our fans.

Not being full time WS hurts us.

🤣🤣🤣 sorry I know you all know my thoughts but it is on subject for the thread 😉
As much as you want us to be full-time Ws. I'm of the opinion the multiple geographic regions is the go.
Both strong takes!

As much as you want us to be full-time Ws. I'm of the opinion the multiple geographic regions is the go.
Both strong takes!
angry henry cavill GIF by Mission Impossible

I think the recruiters continue with average use of first round picks:
Bruhn
Hately
Caldwell
Angwin
Ash
Bonar

Great success with later picks.
Happy to give more recent 1st round picks time to develop with fingers crossed for them.
Big misses for me are how we ended up with Ash and not Young, then Caldwell and not Butters.
Its funny how different people see it

Both strong takes!
The club has been consistently stating how we are also Canberra’s AFL team - a recent article yesterday in Canberra Times before today’s match showed how the long term relationship between Canberra and our club has benefited the club, members (the most number of AFL members here are Giants), enabled sold out games, given a return on the ACT Government investment, spread the code to kids and helped recruit players. Giants don’t just belong to one geographic region

The club has been consistently stating how we are also Canberra’s AFL team - a recent article yesterday in Canberra Times before today’s match showed how the long term relationship between Canberra and our club has benefited the club, members (the most number of AFL members here are Giants), enabled sold out games, given a return on the ACT Government investment, spread the code to kids and helped recruit players. Giants don’t just belong to one geographic region
Awesome it has helped Canberra, done two fifths for WS.

Don’t belong to any at the moment being part time for both.

As a club we need to make a choice, the long term slog but big win of Western Sydney or the easy quick win of Canberra, won’t get both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the fuss made about him, Tom Green isn't actually an elite player all round. Very physical and a good contested ball winner, but limited in his disposal. Still happy we have him obviously

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Outrageous takes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back