Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

65-75000?

Id like it to be around that figure but unfortunately I think it will be somewhere around 90K- 95K in the first year.
I imagine the league won't want to destroy the top teams by forcing them to cut 50k from their budget in one year which would result in a mass exodus of players from the league straight away.

2016 - $95k
2017- $85k
2018 - $80k
Then leave it there for a few years as inflation ect will dictate where the cap is adjusted each year.

My understanding is coaches (playing) will have half of their payment included under the cap, non Playing only inc if it's above 20,000.

Not much happening on here lately.

Anyone want to have a guess at what the salary cap will be in 2016 for the O&KFNL?
Or what we think it should be!

I think the first few years will be more about the point system and getting that right, the money side of things has always been a hard one to mange.

If you only have a certain amount of points to play with each year that will affect your recruiting as you can't just go out and get ten players. Clubs will have to spend more wisely.

I think the first few years will be more about the point system and getting that right, the money side of things has always been a hard one to mange.

If you only have a certain amount of points to play with each year that will affect your recruiting as you can't just go out and get ten players. Clubs will have to spend more wisely.

How many players will miss out when the points system comes in do you think?

My mail is that it will be a combination of both and it will be policed and reported via league and afl vic auditors. All financials will need need to be logged online.

Let's be honest. If they want to do it properly it has to be a points system. You can't police the player payments. Im involved at Tatong and during the "review process" when player payments were brought up and clubs were asked to show what each pay clubs obviously lied and got away with it because john odonehue said that Tatong was the 3rd highest club in player payments when we were spending $40k including coaches and awards for each week. Points system has to come into all leagues to make it a level playing field for all clubs. Good luck to the o and k and it's clubs. Hopefully the pies have a home in 2016

Two things. Just wondering where players will go to when all leagues and players under same rules? No money anywhere else!
Second. Still can't understand why clubs and sponsors pay 4th rate sports people just to turn up! Maybe someone can explain? Obviously some people have more money than ! ( insert brains )

Two things. Just wondering where players will go to when all leagues and players under same rules? No money anywhere else!
Second. Still can't understand why clubs and sponsors pay 4th rate sports people just to turn up! Maybe someone can explain? Obviously some people have more money than ! ( insert brains )

On your second point, basically every side in this league has a population in three digits and in Benalla and Wangaratta they play second fiddle to the major league sides in town.
Pretty much means every club in the league has to compete with one another in a limited talent pool to get up two senior sides.

What would the top teams in the leagues points be roughly you think? Glenrowan, Milawa etc
By my rough calculation, Glenrowans team from last round would have been worth around 55+ points. Gretas last round would be about 45 I think. Depending how they judge "local players "
Based on the following guidelines.

6 - played afl in last 3 years
5 - vfl/sanfl/wafl in last 3 yrs
4 - tac/gv/om
3 - Senior player (more seniors than reserves last year)
2 - junior player (fringe player last season at another club)
1 - local player played whole career at one club.
Then adding 1 point penalty for players who were recruited from other O&K clubs this year.
Pretty rough guess at the players history etc but gives a guide as to what the difference between the top and middle/lower sides are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being new to the GV area and an Alan Didak fan I thought I would cruise over to watch the Blacks V Greta game. All I had to do for the day was pay my entry fee, have a few beers and a pie, but I thought the All Blacks committee organised a sensational day! The weather was perfect, the footy skills were rough at times but from the numbers on the day I think they all seemed to enjoy themselves. For the time and effort put in to a day like Saturday I hope the club made some money out of it. I know I enjoyed myself. Great stuff All Blacks!

Being new to the GV area and an Alan Didak fan I thought I would cruise over to watch the Blacks V Greta game. All I had to do for the day was pay my entry fee, have a few beers and a pie, but I thought the All Blacks committee organised a sensational day! The weather was perfect, the footy skills were rough at times but from the numbers on the day I think they all seemed to enjoy themselves. For the time and effort put in to a day like Saturday I hope the club made some money out of it. I know I enjoyed myself. Great stuff All Blacks!

I have to agree with you there Strong Dukes! What a sensational day put on by the All Blacks! The final score didn't reflect the game on the ground. I thought it was even across the field the whole game. A couple of lapses from Blacks and dropped marks inside their 50 was the difference I believe. I get the feeling that Greta thought they were going to have the game on their own terms and run away with the game quite comfortably at the first bounce. Not sure about Webb winning the best on medal, I thought that the FF for Blacks kicking 7 in a losing side is a solid effort and Chris Dube was solid all game creating a lot of run off half back. The All Blacks club would be happy with the day. They got their money out of Didak kicking three and finding his own footy. Still very classy! A great day had, with a few frothies!

With all this talk about the salary cap and points system our club is in a good position for next year. We are still working very hard as a committee and we are looking good for the 2016 season. We have been in regular talks and meetings with John O'Donohue so that is a positive sign. We have already signed 8 to 10 players who are ready to go. It will be interesting to see what happens with Glenrowan when they go over their points, I'm tipping a few under the table deals will be done and the money tree will start to grow notes again.

With all this talk about the salary cap and points system our club is in a good position for next year. We are still working very hard as a committee and we are looking good for the 2016 season. We have been in regular talks and meetings with John O'Donohue so that is a positive sign. We have already signed 8 to 10 players who are ready to go. It will be interesting to see what happens with Glenrowan when they go over their points, I'm tipping a few under the table deals will be done and the money tree will start to grow notes again.
Swan song are you talking about your club (tatong/swanpool)? You certainly won't go over your points if you have 10 players.

Swan song are you talking about your club (tatong/swanpool)? You certainly won't go over your points if you have 10 players.

We have already signed 8 key players for next season. We have a meeting with 3 more tomorrow night and a meeting next Tuesday, so everything is looking promising. We have some regulars coming back to the club for next year and I know the Tatong committee are working at getting numbers to bring them all together for a solid pre season at the start of November. I know that John O'Donohue is very pleased and impressed with the hard work we are putting in. Ads will be going into the Benalla Ensign, Wang Chronicle and Border Mail in the coming months.

Obviously dont know how the points system will work old Swan Song 14-15 of Glenrowans Best side will have been at the Club 2-3 years which means they will be worth 1 point , the same value as what a broken down Twos player will be as every player on a list will be worth one point . Although theyre points maybe a little high this year in another year , you can wipe off 15 points . Which for established Clubs with established players will make it easier .

It might be a good idea for you to get your head around the points system a bit better Swan Song . If these key players area as good as your spruiking you could be well over half your points already

The other question I have for you Swansong . Is if your finding it so easy to recruit , why when you were actually in the league didnt we see all these key players and all this spruik and putting down of other CLubs then , the same clubs that lent you players so you could field a reserves side . Unless your talking about all the recruiting your doing is for next years "shits and giggles"game vs Tatong ??? Be a bit careful Swansong dont go being an a smart prick or the other sides that felt sympathy for you in your plight will turn against you

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back