Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard it was a pretty scrappy game strong_dukes, but I wasn't there so can't comment. What is the go with this footy thread? People ask questions, surely there is someone that can give answers. Have people lost interest because Glenrowan are going to run away with the premiership easily?

Barring injury I always thought Glenrowan were a certainty again & nothing since has changed my mind. We all know Greta have been thereabouts for a half against Tarra, Bright, Milawa, KV & last week Whorouly, then fallen away badly second halves.
Glenrowan? Well they flat out monstered us like no other team this year.

I have heard a little talk around town that with the departure of the key Glenrowan personnel they have approached Derek Kickett to coach next season.

Barring injury I always thought Glenrowan were a certainty again & nothing since has changed my mind. We all know Greta have been thereabouts for a half against Tarra, Bright, Milawa, KV & last week Whorouly, then fallen away badly second halves.
Glenrowan? Well they flat out monstered us like no other team this year.
It's not like teams would really get themselves up for games against greta who have been average at best for years so fairly irrelevant evaluation

That would be the round 9 match in 2012 where Greta defeated Glenrowan 56.16 (352) to 1.1 (7).

Funny how folks have forgotten Glenrowan were facing the same fate as Swannie and Tatong back just 3 years ago....from what I understand an eleventh hour conversation and new president with some financial nouse was the saving grace. It has been a turnaround to be applauded, but a shame that similar possiblities were not considered an option for the others.

ThAts what happens when you get involved with john O'Donoghue couldnt lie straight in bed
Funny how folks have forgotten Glenrowan were facing the same fate as Swannie and Tatong back just 3 years ago....from what I understand an eleventh hour conversation and new president with some financial nouse was the saving grace. It has been a turnaround to be applauded, but a shame that similar possiblities were not considered an option for the others.

Financial nouse being a bloke going through a divorce and putting money into the footy club so he could hide it from the Mrs? I'm sure we could still be playing at Swanpool if our money grew on trees and bought players in. If all goes to plan with John O'Donohue next week we could be on the right track.

Do trust our mate john O'Donoghue would make a good politician
Financial nouse being a bloke going through a divorce and putting money into the footy club so he could hide it from the Mrs? I'm sure we could still be playing at Swanpool if our money grew on trees and bought players in. If all goes to plan with John O'Donohue next week we could be on the right track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the lucky team that got a bye in first week of the finals?
Who do you follow arnthehawks?
Greta haven't been top 4 for a number of years but have still made at least an elimination final in 6 out of the last 10 years so have hardly been easy beats.

At least the club is putting their money into the facilities for future not blowing the budget on players just to finish 4th 5th or 6th like some clubs have the last few years.

-New netball court and shelter completed last year.
-New netball rooms and public toilet facilities to be built this September.
- new umpires change rooms (sept 15)
-Undercover area for football and netball spectators. (Sept 15)

And another project that will hopefully be announced soon.

Who was the lucky team that got a bye in first week of the finals?

Not exactly sure what you’re on about arnthehawks but if you’re talking about the 2012 finals series, not one team got the first week off. In the O&K with a top eight finals series, all eight finalists would play the first week of finals. Now with six teams playing off for finals, the top two get the first week of finals off. Comprehend?

Not exactly sure what you’re on about arnthehawks but if you’re talking about the 2012 finals series, not one team got the first week off. In the O&K with a top eight finals series, all eight finalists would play the first week of finals. Now with six teams playing off for finals, the top two get the first week of finals off. Comprehend?

I think he means the team who played Greta had the bye

I think he means the team who played Greta had the bye

I'm sure a "bye" was the last thing King Valley were thinking of that day in 2012 given there was a kick in it early in the last quarter. If it wasn't for Brendan Sessions kicking two crucial goals things might have been different. KV went on to beat Milawa the week after.

I'm sure a "bye" was the last thing King Valley were thinking of that day in 2012 given there was a kick in it early in the last quarter. If it wasn't for Brendan Sessions kicking two crucial goals things might have been different. KV went on to beat Milawa the week after.
Then had nothing to offer against North wang the weekend after

We all want good contests week in week out.
North Wang were far too good in 2012 despite most expecting them to stumble at some stage.
Can't see Glenrowan stumbling any time soon. Done deal.

Interesting point of the season 6 Games to go and some real interest in the Final 6 and how it may end up.
Glenrowan , Milawa , Bright and Bonnie Doon will be there but a great fight for top 2 finish , Brights percentage and the fact that Milawa has some tough games coming up , still gives hope of Bright pinching a top 2 finish . Tarra back in form , Whorouly arn't that good and Moyhu's drop off opening up the 5th and 6th position.
I think Tarra will make it and I'll run with this .
Glenrowan
Milawa
Bright
Bonnie Doon
Tarra
King Valley

That means Whorouly and Moyhu will miss . Bright will beat the Valley , Tarra will beat the Doon , Glenrowan straight through and from there that's where my predictions will end . Don't believe there will be much at the end of the day between Milawa , Bright and Tarra . Injuries will play a key .
Baker medal will be either Norman , Stamp , Nightingale ( just gets votes) McGheehan ( although losses will hurt ) .

Any other thoughts ?

Interesting point of the season 6 Games to go and some real interest in the Final 6 and how it may end up.
Glenrowan , Milawa , Bright and Bonnie Doon will be there but a great fight for top 2 finish , Brights percentage and the fact that Milawa has some tough games coming up , still gives hope of Bright pinching a top 2 finish . Tarra back in form , Whorouly arn't that good and Moyhu's drop off opening up the 5th and 6th position.
I think Tarra will make it and I'll run with this .
Glenrowan
Milawa
Bright
Bonnie Doon
Tarra
King Valley

That means Whorouly and Moyhu will miss . Bright will beat the Valley , Tarra will beat the Doon , Glenrowan straight through and from there that's where my predictions will end . Don't believe there will be much at the end of the day between Milawa , Bright and Tarra . Injuries will play a key .
Baker medal will be either Norman , Stamp , Nightingale ( just gets votes) McGheehan ( although losses will hurt ) .

Any other thoughts ?
GWS, great to see something positive instead of "tools" using this forum to bag everyone else from a great height while their club is flying high. For me, Glenrowan by a mile (which should make the aforementioned "tool" even cockier) & McGeehan for the Baker Medal by a mile too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back