Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard All blacks were prepared to pay Tony Evans $350 a game... but he's taking the offer for Myrtleford. Looks like he has to play & train away when his old club wanted to reunite. They're pretty shattered apparently.

Just heard All blacks were prepared to pay Tony Evans $350 a game... but he's taking the offer for Myrtleford. Looks like he has to play & train away when his old club wanted to reunite. They're pretty shattered apparently.

Not bad for a club who hasn't got any money. If he's worth 350 I'm comin' outa retirement. Who do I speak to about getting a gig.

He must have got an ok deal to head up hills if he was offered that sort of money at home. What sort of player will he be in the O+M?

settled for whats is believed to be $200. signed with Myrtleford before blacks offer of $350 per game. he's missed out. reckon he'll be able to hold his own in the o&m. plenty of talent.

Any news on practice games? blacks play Vtown in a couple of weeks. First hit out for the year.

Yeah pretty big rivialry between the two clubs from cgfl days. Playing for the Hayse - Plum memorial cup, means alot to both sides, VT currently hold the trophy.
Are you or do you support either of the clubs ?
How are they shaping up ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah pretty big rivialry between the two clubs from cgfl days. Playing for the Hayse - Plum memorial cup, means alot to both sides, VT currently hold the trophy.
One of the biggest dissapointments in All Blacks leaving the CGFL was the never to see VT v All Black games, anyone who ever saw them and it didn't matter where they were on the ladder these games were sensational, on for young & old from the first bounce!!
Chris Hayes v Darby Morrison
Gary Abley v Wally Armstrong

just two of the great battles, I here that next Sunday she'll be more than a praccy game.....worth a look.

One of the biggest dissapointments in All Blacks leaving the CGFL was the never to see VT v All Black games, anyone who ever saw them and it didn't matter where they were on the ladder these games were sensational, on for young & old from the first bounce!!
Chris Hayes v Darby Morrison
Gary Abley v Wally Armstrong

just two of the great battles, I here that next Sunday she'll be more than a praccy game.....worth a look.
They are old names , Do any of those blokes still play . Do they still get a kick . From what i have heard VT should continue to hold the cup. Recruited strongly.

Hey Nicnat, Did WALLY ARMSTRONG used to towel up ABLEY?? heard a tale he kicked 5 on him in a quarter on numerous occassions. Any truth in that??

Hey Nicnat, Did WALLY ARMSTRONG used to towel up ABLEY?? heard a tale he kicked 5 on him in a quarter on numerous occassions. Any truth in that??

From my memories of their clashes - it was just an old bald bloke playin tiddly winks with an old grey haired bloke - 5 goals in a qtr? - I think I have read that on another thread

You must be a Blacks Lad for all the info you have.
Do they still play , if so will they play on each other Sunday .
Might make the trip for a look.

You must be a Blacks Lad for all the info you have.
Do they still play , if so will they play on each other Sunday .
Might make the trip for a look.

Yes I think they're both playing on sunday. games starts @ 12 @ All Blacks.

I remember as a kid one day at blacks, vt were giving the blacks a touch up. A youthful Abley was giving the Blacks curry. An angry W J Armstrong decided to take matters into his own hands and in what was the bravest or stupidist move of his slow career ran through his then cricketing team mate at the centre bounce. Abs didnt know what hit him and wally ran very quickly for the rest of the day. Always 10 metres in front of Abley.

witnessed the VT Vs blacks game today, wally armstrong was the only stallwart to play, as abley (injured, old) and morrison and hayes have hung up the boots

witnessed the VT Vs blacks game today, wally armstrong was the only stallwart to play, as abley (injured, old) and morrison and hayes have hung up the boots

How did it go Tony,I would have been there but mum made me stay home and
rearrange my sock drawer. Any one stand out for the Blacks. Understand VT have recruited well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back