Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 west adelaide boys Michael Hooper and Jesse Smith, both played at bullants with the boys from this year

Hooper couldn't hold down a spot in a side that finished bottom by a long way (west adelaide), think he won the two's B & F, hopefully the magggies haven't offered him to much, might be dissapointed!

Hooper couldn't hold down a spot in a side that finished bottom by a long way (west adelaide), think he won the two's B & F, hopefully the magggies haven't offered him to much, might be dissapointed!

he won the 2's best and fairest at Bullants the previous year.
When you take that the guys who played at Wang this year played mostly 2's at Bullants, if he was as handy as those guys he must be reasonable

i think you'll find hes got around 50 snr vfl games under his belt as well, so i wouldnt think wang would be to dissapointed with that, espceially when u look at ed clarke who had around 10 vfl games under his belt then absolutely dominated gf day...

he won the 2's best and fairest at Bullants the previous year.
When you take that the guys who played at Wang this year played mostly 2's at Bullants, if he was as handy as those guys he must be reasonable

Spot on there Bodi, anyone who wins a 2nds B&F at a state level such as VFL & SANFL comp will carve it up in the omfl. I find it hard to understand why people constantly critisise players coming down from a higher level which is clearly better than O&M.

i think you'll find hes got around 50 snr vfl games under his belt as well, so i wouldnt think wang would be to dissapointed with that, espceially when u look at ed clarke who had around 10 vfl games under his belt then absolutely dominated gf day...
This is one of the problems with AFL/VFL affiliated clubs - the AFL club dictates who plays and quality "local" players often miss out on games not through lack of ability.

Didn't Smith sign for 2 years with West Adelaide and only play for 1?? I heard that Wang had to pay out his contract!

Thats exactly right Half Time, this bloke could easily do the dirty on wang at the end of the 08' season, so they shouldnt go penciling anyone in for 09' yet. Is their a similarity starting to appear at wang that was similar to the yarra side of 07. In 06' yarra was a champion team, in 07' they thought they were a team of champions, and what resulted was personality clashes and a massive blame game after a loss, which ultimately lead to their demise. Now the yarra side of 08' will be largely different from the outfit from this year (possibly to do with Snout's appointment). The same thing could easily happen to wang, so I wouldnt be prepared to back them yet as the team to beat in 08' !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was great to see those two guys get off last night. Should never have gotten that far. Maybe next time Wang might be happy winning the Premiership and leave it at that, instead of embarrassing themselves by making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It was great to see those two guys get off last night. Should never have gotten that far. Maybe next time Wang might be happy winning the Premiership and leave it at that, instead of embarrassing themselves by making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Not really it just shows you can go around taking players out and get away with it.

All i can say is that those boys can get off with their cheap actions of GF day, they should expect the same treatment when they play Wang next season!

All i can say is that those boys can get off with their cheap actions of GF day, they should expect the same treatment when they play Wang next season!

after watching the granny i agree there will be fireworks come round 1 in 08...what was really noticeable i thought whilst watching the game was the bloke in yellow boots (goode) would continuosly start fights and run away with his tail b/w his legs. needs to take a leaf outta his teammates book (mackie) if ur gonna start something u gotta back it up and not run the other way...

Not really it just shows you can go around taking players out and get away with it.
Wake up last i checked it was a contact sport. What did Wang think was going to happen they were just gonna let him run around and get 40 touches. Nothing wrong with a bit of physical action weather it was fair or not who cares it creatd interest in an otherwise boring game. If i was a coach and i knew the best player from the opposition was coming back after breaking a collarbone and could still be suspect i'd be asking my players to test it too. but in hindsight Wang won the flag fair and square and should have left it at that. Carrying on a month or 2 after the game makes them look like a bunch for sore winners or sooks take your pick. Be happy with the silverwear and get on with life the bloke was still vertical at the end of the game no one died GET OVER IT!!!:mad:

Looks like the North Albury Cycle™ is going to kick in again. Save up some coin for a year or so, go all out and try and buy a flag, then the next year experience a mass exodus. Some of the players which look like they're going to be playing elsewhere next year, some allready confirmed:

Prior, Hilton, Mackie, Piltz, H Murray, R Murray, McLoughlan and Nichol.

Some quality there. Ouch.

any news ont he yarra boys heading north to cairns. heard mcmillion and lonegan. also a wisper a few wodonga boys could be headin to the same league, not sure which ones but, anyone got any ideas???

Looks like the North Albury Cycle™ is going to kick in again. Save up some coin for a year or so, go all out and try and buy a flag, then the next year experience a mass exodus. Some of the players which look like they're going to be playing elsewhere next year, some allready confirmed:

So where are all of these quality players heading to in 08?

Apart from prior is any of them going to clubs within the O&M?

Mackie is off to the SANFL with Woodsville-West Torrens, Obviously R Murray is coaching elsewhere in the Hume league. Every1 knows where Priors going. So cough up Panther, where are Hilton and Piltz going ? There is suspicion that Hilton is finished but yet to be confirmed, and Piltz would be a massive loss. H Murray prob back to Saints ? McLoughlan not a huge loss but would be a good pick up for a district team. As for Nichol, he isnt worth a pinch of shit, proved this again on GF day.

There was a whisper that former St.kilda and recently retired blue bagger Matthew Lappin was getting targeted strongly by Portland in the WBFL.
Although the wbfl is'nt as strong as the o'm - gv - gfl etc they did'nt have to advertise for coaches as they'd just come off back to back flags and are a strong team at club level.
With Lappin being a familiar name around the murray region has there been any clubs in the O'M talking to him !?

Mackie is off to the SANFL with Woodsville-West Torrens, Obviously R Murray is coaching elsewhere in the Hume league. Every1 knows where Priors going. So cough up Panther, where are Hilton and Piltz going ? There is suspicion that Hilton is finished but yet to be confirmed, and Piltz would be a massive loss. H Murray prob back to Saints ? McLoughlan not a huge loss but would be a good pick up for a district team. As for Nichol, he isnt worth a pinch of shit, proved this again on GF day.
Think Hilton is confirmed, don't quote me mind you.

Piltz being heavily scouted by a couple of clubs I think, one being in Queensland, may even be up Cairns way. Always thought McLoughlan was only good in a good team, can cover him. Nichol's not exactly an elite player.

Strong word that H Murray is headed back to Saints.

There's a couple of other players with futures unknown at this stage. Nevertheless, they'll have to recruit well, hope they haven't exhausted their 'resources' a year too early again...

Edit: Forgot about Clint Gilson, he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back