Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone aware of any players that are looking a bit shakey in the O&M that will be looking to go bush before the footy season kicks into gear? Most players on the cusp will usually make the move after a couple of games but is there any players that are looking a bit old or in a good paddock over xmas that will possibly struggle at the level?

Anyone aware of any players that are looking a bit shakey in the O&M that will be looking to go bush before the footy season kicks into gear? Most players on the cusp will usually make the move after a couple of games but is there any players that are looking a bit old or in a good paddock over xmas that will possibly struggle at the level?

Why r u worried they will come to your club and take your spot

Anyone on this thread know of a man by the name of Ross Hedley? Had a great year at the age of 45 for North Footscray in the 2nd Div. of the Western Regional Football League (Melb) this year. Obviously slowed down, but a real footy head who is brave and just finds the footy.

Played many years in the O&M.:thumbsu:

Anyone on this thread know of a man by the name of Ross Hedley? Had a great year at the age of 45 for North Footscray in the 2nd Div. of the Western Regional Football League (Melb) this year. Obviously slowed down, but a real footy head who is brave and just finds the footy.

Chuck used to be playing coach of Wodong Saints in The tallangatta league.
Collected 42 posessions against Rutherglen on his 42nd birthday.
Super fit and a terrific bloke to boot.
Not a great talker but probably has new teeth by now.:):):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Chuck`s a bit of a legend around these parts

A little bit of footy News from the Border Mail.

Norman’s signing adds to Hawks’ positive vibe

25 January 2008

PETER Cristoforo is looking forward to sharing the Wangaratta Rovers’ forward-fifty with boom recruit Karl Norman.
Cristoforo has been the Hawks leading goal-kicker for the past two seasons since joining them from Northern Football League Club Epping.
Hawks’ coach John McNamara readily admits that they have struggled at centre-half forward in his time at the helm.
But with Norman, now with a three-year stint at Carlton under his belt, Cristoforo, Jesse Silver, Ross Hill and another recruit former Murray Bushranger Jake Platfuss, the Hawks have claims to having one of the best forward lines in the competition.
“Our forward line was good last year, one weakness we had was that centre-half forward area,” said Cristoforo, who has booted 124 goals in his time at the Hawks.
“He will fill that role good, he is a bigger guy and he’ll help Rosco, Jess and myself and stuff like that.”
Cristoforo said there was a positive “vibe” around W.J. Findlay Oval after the Hawks produced one of the stories of the O and M season.
The Hawks dropped their first six games of last season and were seemingly down and out.
But they stuck to their guns and grabbed fifth position after stringing together an impressive second-half of the year.
Cristoforo knows the next challenge for the Hawks is, firstly, making it to the post-season and then winning finals games.
“Definitely for starters we want to make the top-five, we haven’t lost anyone,” he said.
“We have picked up a couple of bigger guys, so obviously we are aiming for the finals and if we start better ... if we have one or two of them early games we might have had a double chance.”
The Hawks had some exciting talent emerge last season including a breakout season from talented midfielder Kyle Raven.
“That’s probably something I have thought about the Rovers, I am probably one of the older blokes and I am late 20s, they have got a good junior system where the young blokes push through and come up,” Cristoforo said.
The Hawks have got a number of players including Cristoforo and Jamie Allan that travel from Melbourne each week.
“When I first started I probably thought it would be good to do for one or two years, but it is a super club, if it was closer to home I would probably stay here for the rest of my career,” Cristoforo said.

Can anybody give me the dates and locations for training at Wang Maggies and Myrtleford this week? Do you need to bring runners/towel ect.?

Can anybody give me the dates and locations for training at Wang Maggies and Myrtleford this week? Do you need to bring runners/towel ect.?

Roughy, are you not lining up for the Saints(the wodonga variety) anymore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Jack, Whos coaching and where is training?
Ben Beams the ex melbourne player is coach and they train at either the Myrtleford golf course or McNamara reserve.Phone Ben at the footy club.Hope you decide to go to the saints as they are a fantastic club!!!

Ben Beams the ex melbourne player is coach and they train at either the Myrtleford golf course or McNamara reserve.Phone Ben at the footy club.Hope you decide to go to the saints as they are a fantastic club!!!

POJ, is hayden murray's knee really that bad??

he keeps making runs in a reserve for the saints

In 2008, a new movie is to come out simply titled "The Return of Ryan"

Starring Jake Ryan, the movie will show off his sublime skills as he methodically and rampantly dismantles each team on his way to the 2008 league B&F.

Modelled on the new Rambo movie, Ryan will seek to destroy and carve anything that gets in his way.

Signed with a club in cairns

mcmillan has signed with the south cairns cutters as assistant coach. Massive loss for yarra. I caught a couple of games up there in 2006, he is going to rip that league apart if he is half serious. Losses mounting for yarra, s rudd and phil bourke other confirmed departures, lonergan likely to be on the move and a couple of others weighing up options. They have recruited well too though, jeremy o'brien and dan thomson from gvfl heading there, plus i think they have also signed a key defender from a suburban melb league.

mcmillan has signed with the south cairns cutters as assistant coach. Massive loss for yarra. I caught a couple of games up there in 2006, he is going to rip that league apart if he is half serious. Losses mounting for yarra, s rudd and phil bourke other confirmed departures, lonergan likely to be on the move and a couple of others weighing up options. They have recruited well too though, jeremy o'brien and dan thomson from gvfl heading there, plus i think they have also signed a key defender from a suburban melb league.
jeremy obrien has been seen training at shep east as mentioned on the picola league site ?:confused:

does anyone know a ken stevenson i think he is from yarra
Yep! Coached Rennie after Matt Ansell left. Was playing coach and his form was terrible so played the season out in the 2`s(1996?) He then went to Gorambat and coached the seniors(and played seniors, so at least there seems to be a league worse than the Coreen league) to a flogging to Bonnie Doon in the g/f. I think if he`s not from yarra then he`s from Mulwala.

anyone know anything about alburys new recruit tim glanvill, seen him play in the hume league back a couple of years and if he goes anything like he did then will be a good pick up, hard at the ball and would take a lot of niggling before he worries about anything but the ball.

Yep! Coached Rennie after Matt Ansell left. Was playing coach and his form was terrible so played the season out in the 2`s(1996?) He then went to Gorambat and coached the seniors(and played seniors, so at least there seems to be a league worse than the Coreen league) to a flogging to Bonnie Doon in the g/f. I think if he`s not from yarra then he`s from Mulwala.

Wasn't he a co-coach of the Yarra 2nds last year?

Some updated Ins/Outs for Season 2008

Albury

Gains:
Ken Vanderfeen (Tasmania)
Jay Koehler (Murray Bushrangers)
Craig Shearer (Heidelberg)
Jayden Kotzur (Culcairn)
Tom Breen (Caulfield)
Lachlan Hunter (Thurgoona)
Tim Glanvill (overseas)

Losses:
Matt Carroll (Melbourne)
Daniel Anglin (overseas)
Rory Muggavin (Lavington)
Jeremy Daniher (Lavington)
Luke Daly (Culcairn)

Wang Rovers

Gains:
Karl Norman (Mooroopna)
Jake Platfuss (Finley)
Luke Elkington (Northam)
Pat Hicks (Dubbo Demons)

Losses:
Peter Taylor (Koondrook-Barham)
Daniel McLaughlin (Bendigo)

Wodonga

Gains:
Scott Clancy (Tocumwal)
Ben Margery (Tocumwal)
Luke Wilde (Murray Bushrangers)

Losses:
Craig Lieschke (Port Macq.)
Luke Bloom (Port Macq.)
Chris Jackson (Wagga Tigers)
Zac Fulford (Ballarat)

Wodonga Raiders

Gains:
Adam Prior (North Albury)
Matt Nichol (North Albury)
Michael Thompson (Bushrangers)
Mark Sims (Nathalia)
Wade Dixon (Melbourne)
Daniel Ladgrove (Chiltern)
Tim Lamb (work)

Losses:
Mark Doolan (West Perth)
Nathan Mossop (Western Australia)
Leigh Corcoran (overseas)
Kurt Gowers (Queensland)
Matt Fife (Queensland)
Brent Lillis (Yackandandah)
John Paola (Yackandandah)
Andrew Johnston (Lavington)
Peter Cook (Barnawartha)
Jared Kahlefeldt (MCUE)
Justin Kahlefeldt (MCUE)

Courtesy of the O&M

In 2008, a new movie is to come out simply titled "The Return of Ryan"

Starring Jake Ryan, the movie will show off his sublime skills as he methodically and rampantly dismantles each team on his way to the 2008 league B&F.

Modelled on the new Rambo movie, Ryan will seek to destroy and carve anything that gets in his way.

The Ryan shoulder is now twice the size after extensive gym sessions - do not get in his way in 08!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back