Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is absolute crap. Ozzie had Hill on the ground and it wasn't until the other Hills come in that Ozzie copped a few.

Sounds like Hilly smashed you in the head a few times on the same day from that account! Either that or you were over watching the netball at the time. Osborne possibly the most hated player of his time got what he deserved that day because he made the mistake of hitting a bloke who was in a position to fight back for a change. Don't recall if any of his own teamates joined the fray in his defence.......

Sounds like Hilly smashed you in the head a few times on the same day from that account! Either that or you were over watching the netball at the time. Osborne possibly the most hated player of his time got what he deserved that day because he made the mistake of hitting a bloke who was in a position to fight back for a change. Don't recall if any of his own teamates joined the fray in his defence.......

You obviously havent seen ozzie play.. or know him for that matter. Tough .. and a great bloke off the field... white line fever never hurt anyone.

anyway fellas just thought id get the ball rolling with a couple of early crackerjack matches coming up this week, particularly the much anticipated wang derby?

who are the key players for both teams in the derby?

Boom recruit? Who?

On Boom recruits would love to know everyones thinking on travelling players and the O and M squad? I know last year that there were a few quality players that were not picked due to them living out of the region!
Thoughts and feeback??:)

oh here we go again, winmar looking for people to pump up jake ryan and nick rains

yes winmar, i think they r the best players to ever travel out of melbourne and play in the ovens and murray and selectors would be mad not to pick them

here's what my o and m team would look like

Backline: j ryan, d clark, n raines
H-Backline: n raines, d clark, j ryan
Centre: j ryan, d clark, n raines
H-Forwardline: n raines, d clark, j ryan
Forwardline: j ryan, d clark, n raines
Rucks: n raines, d clark, j ryan
Bench: carpenter, carpenter, carpenter, carpenter

Was at that game!

If you didn't mention the hair wouldn't have known who he was!

If he is a boom recruit they have problems which is obvious.. Goes ok but doesn't do enough for a well paid player.. Corowa's on ball made him look second rate.. Mind you they would make most look second rate!:thumbsu:

considering he debuted against yarra on saturday, i'm not surprised he didn't get a kick against corowa :rolleyes:

How is Leigh Ramsdale travelling down at Yarrawonga? I heard he is a Yarrawonga superstar. A pin up boy for the girls, gun footballer, has model type good looks, a brand new BMW (paid cash from last years footy money) and just an all round top bloke. I was told he was spotted at a Melbourne nightspot not so long ago getting very cosy with a reasonably well known gay male. I hope this isnt the case as the girls of Yarra will be heart broken if this is the case.

Not at all but from your post it looks like you were watching the game from the bottom of a vb can. Keep up the good posts goose.

Was at that game!

If you didn't mention the hair wouldn't have known who he was!

If he is a boom recruit they have problems which is obvious.. Goes ok but doesn't do enough for a well paid player.. Corowa's on ball made him look second rate.. Mind you they would make most look second rate!:thumbsu:

Intersting quote there as Raiders played Yarra and not Corowa on the weekend.
Maybe you were thinking of round 1 and Ladgrove as the bloke with the hair.

How is Leigh Ramsdale travelling down at Yarrawonga? I heard he is a Yarrawonga superstar. A pin up boy for the girls, gun footballer, has model type good looks, a brand new BMW (paid cash from last years footy money) and just an all round top bloke. I was told he was spotted at a Melbourne nightspot not so long ago getting very cosy with a reasonably well known gay male. I hope this isnt the case as the girls of Yarra will be heart broken if this is the case.

i work with leigh and he is a top bloke. great value heard abit about his footy ability and heard he can play the game.

Leigh Ramsdale is probably the most un-respected footballer in the o&m

oh here we go again, winmar looking for people to pump up jake ryan and nick rains

yes winmar, i think they r the best players to ever travel out of melbourne and play in the ovens and murray and selectors would be mad not to pick them

here's what my o and m team would look like

Backline: j ryan, d clark, n raines
H-Backline: n raines, d clark, j ryan
Centre: j ryan, d clark, n raines
H-Forwardline: n raines, d clark, j ryan
Forwardline: j ryan, d clark, n raines
Rucks: n raines, d clark, j ryan
Bench: carpenter, carpenter, carpenter, carpenter

come on mate i reckon carpenter is a bit stiff on the bench??

was asking a general question didn't ask for a smart ass answer.. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyway fellas just thought id get the ball rolling with a couple of early crackerjack matches coming up this week, particularly the much anticipated wang derby?

who are the key players for both teams in the derby?

should be a cracker derby on saturday. Trenfield carmody and maybe d porter back for wang, so they will be only mccormick and maybe pell away from the best 21 they might field at finals time. Rovers will be at full strength.

battle between rovers forwards and magpie backs should be something to watch. Cristoforo silver norman and r hill up against steer cosgriff cairns and maybe dan steel. Alot will obviously depend on supply, but the 1 on 1 duels should be good ones. Wang's backs were superb against yarra, especially in last 1/4 when it looked like yarra was going to come home over the top of them. Steer and cosgriff are probably the best 2 key defenders in the comp. Rovers don't have much in the small forward department though, which is a worry for them as wang set up so much with their run out of the back half. Once it hits the deck, the likes of symons, trenfield, lord, j porter will have to be kept in check.

Minus mccormick, the midfield battle is shaping as reasonably even although maggies should just have an edge in depth. Smith for maggies is a ball magnet, and he is going to form some sort of combination with mccormick in 2nd half of season. Rovers have allan as their midfield gun and plenty of support runners but they probably lack the depth of midfield quality that wang has. Clarke, mullins, the porters, lord, symons, trenfield can all take a turn in there.

Game may be won and lost inside wang's forward 50. Last year, wang's marking forwards in henry, hayse and braden carved the rovers key backmen to pieces. In their 2nd meeting, Wang turned a 3 goal 1/4 time deficit into a 90 pt win on the back of their forwards aerial dominance in what could only be described as a slaughter. They will all be there again, only with the addition of hooper. Rovers simply don't have the quality tall defenders to cover them all. An option is to throw norman back, but that suits wang down to the ground to have him out of the forward 50. Again, alot depends on the supply coming in.

Overall, rovers are fitter at this stage of the year and this is their chance to beat wang. However, the more you look at it the more the maggies just look too strong all over the ground. Wang by around 5 goals for me.

Nope, watching from the clubroom balcony! Ringside seats for the bloodbath! Worth every cent of the admission fee!
'
your kidding aren't you mate ozzie smashed the living ____ out of hill and as go the roos says he only copped a few after that which were soft by that one eyed monster hill.. looks like the boogie monster!:)

should be a cracker derby on saturday. Trenfield carmody and maybe d porter back for wang, so they will be only mccormick and maybe pell away from the best 21 they might field at finals time. Rovers will be at full strength.

battle between rovers forwards and magpie backs should be something to watch. Cristoforo silver norman and r hill up against steer cosgriff cairns and maybe dan steel. Alot will obviously depend on supply, but the 1 on 1 duels should be good ones. Wang's backs were superb against yarra, especially in last 1/4 when it looked like yarra was going to come home over the top of them. Steer and cosgriff are probably the best 2 key defenders in the comp. Rovers don't have much in the small forward department though, which is a worry for them as wang set up so much with their run out of the back half. Once it hits the deck, the likes of symons, trenfield, lord, j porter will have to be kept in check.

Minus mccormick, the midfield battle is shaping as reasonably even although maggies should just have an edge in depth. Smith for maggies is a ball magnet, and he is going to form some sort of combination with mccormick in 2nd half of season. Rovers have allan as their midfield gun and plenty of support runners but they probably lack the depth of midfield quality that wang has. Clarke, mullins, the porters, lord, symons, trenfield can all take a turn in there.

Game may be won and lost inside wang's forward 50. Last year, wang's marking forwards in henry, hayse and braden carved the rovers key backmen to pieces. In their 2nd meeting, Wang turned a 3 goal 1/4 time deficit into a 90 pt win on the back of their forwards aerial dominance in what could only be described as a slaughter. They will all be there again, only with the addition of hooper. Rovers simply don't have the quality tall defenders to cover them all. An option is to throw norman back, but that suits wang down to the ground to have him out of the forward 50. Again, alot depends on the supply coming in.

Overall, rovers are fitter at this stage of the year and this is their chance to beat wang. However, the more you look at it the more the maggies just look too strong all over the ground. Wang by around 5 goals for me.

You would have to be a magpie supporter..

You do make some good points but I have to disagree on the final result.
Although the magpies do probably seem slightly stronger on paper I think that it will be the rovers who take the points on Sunday.

Rovers have there Midfield up and firing with the likes of J.Allen, A.Hill and Tucci already in top form where as the maggies midfield looks underdone going into this contest with obviously no McCormick. While D.Porter, Trentfield and Carmody all returning from injuries and probably limited pre seasons.

I think if Matty Allan can win the contest of the vetrans and hold old man henry to only a couple that will also go along way toward winning the match for the Rovers.

Should be a ripping match well worth travelling down the highway for!

Is luke mullins back from O/S and playing already? if so hows he gone so far?

You would have to be a magpie supporter..

You do make some good points but I have to disagree on the final result.
Although the magpies do probably seem slightly stronger on paper I think that it will be the rovers who take the points on Sunday.

Rovers have there Midfield up and firing with the likes of J.Allen, A.Hill and Tucci already in top form where as the maggies midfield looks underdone going into this contest with obviously no McCormick. While D.Porter, Trentfield and Carmody all returning from injuries and probably limited pre seasons.

I think if Matty Allan can win the contest of the vetrans and hold old man henry to only a couple that will also go along way toward winning the match for the Rovers.

Should be a ripping match well worth travelling down the highway for!

It's fair to say that i favour the pies over the rovers. I was however actually thinking rovers would probably win this week until i sat down and looked at the likely sides. I just can't see how rovers can keep wang to a losing score with their defence, although if norman goes to CHB that would go some way to fixing it but at the same time robbing their forward line.

take your point about rovers midfield being up and running and fit, but wang have enough cattle to match them. Smith, clarke, lord, j porter and higgs were great against yarra as was solimo in the 1st game i've seen him play. Add trenfield to that mix and they'll at least break even i think. Trenfield is only coming off suspension and has played in the pre-season so shouldn't be too underdone. If the wang midfield can break even at worst they'll win the game with their forward line and rovers lack of key defenders.

going to be a great contest. for anyone that's going, it is definitely on saturday, has been moved from the sunday as it was going to clash with the wang cup.

also heard this morning that mccormick will be back for wang by about round 6.

It's fair to say that i favour the pies over the rovers. I was however actually thinking rovers would probably win this week until i sat down and looked at the likely sides. I just can't see how rovers can keep wang to a losing score with their defence, although if norman goes to CHB that would go some way to fixing it but at the same time robbing their forward line.

take your point about rovers midfield being up and running and fit, but wang have enough cattle to match them. Smith, clarke, lord, j porter and higgs were great against yarra as was solimo in the 1st game i've seen him play. Add trenfield to that mix and they'll at least break even i think. Trenfield is only coming off suspension and has played in the pre-season so shouldn't be too underdone. If the wang midfield can break even at worst they'll win the game with their forward line and rovers lack of key defenders.

going to be a great contest. for anyone that's going, it is definitely on saturday, has been moved from the sunday as it was going to clash with the wang cup.

also heard this morning that mccormick will be back for wang by about round 6.

you like to refer to past results alot which is fine if thats all you can go by agree totally with the wang forwards having it over rovers backs last time but that was largely due to the lack of pressure coming into the forward with rovers losing A.hill and raven (2 major ball winners especially last year) in the first quarter...

rovers have added a more fit and experienced tyson hartwig and steve mcintyre, kneebone held bradshaw to 4 goals round one 2 of which were from free kicks when the game was over and matty allen i think has more than proven he can hold henry to a couple... with the injection of platfuss into the ruck and also going forward and kicking four goals against wodonga, that releases the likes of big guys norman and/or jamie bell to go back if need be but i think if you want to compare to results from last year you will have to take into account circumnstances and changes of both line ups...

no doubting it will be a cracker match but i just think your opinions were a bit too one eyed but this weekends game will be the judge of that.!!

for me i think its going to be a close one with alot of run with both teams having a very attacking game plan but i still think that rovers have a significant edge up forward to that of the oppositon... the likes of cristoforo silver and r hill arent exactly your 6ft 4" key forwards in which you likened them to either! having the injection of taller forwards (platfuss and norman) will allow them to play more of a crumming game which they are more accustomed to... and all have a good turn of foot!

will be interesting to see how our opinions fair... good luck am looking forward to it!

Premier:
Runner Up:
Smokey:
Wooden Spoon:
Disappointment:
League Medal:
Leading Goalkicker:
Recruit of the Year:
Headline of the Year

premier: rovers
runner up: wang
wooden spoon: myrtleford
disappointment: wodonga
league medal: trenfield
leading goalkicker: cristoforo/silver/bradshaw
Recruit of the Year: Sam Carpenter
Headline of the year: Rovers win 10 in a row

Premier:
Runner Up:
Smokey:
Wooden Spoon:
Disappointment:
League Medal:
Leading Goalkicker:
Recruit of the Year:
Headline of the Year

Premier: Wang Magpies
Runner Up: Wang Rovers
Smokey: Lavington
Wooden Spoon: Myrtleford
Disappointment: Yarrawonga
League Medal: Ed Clarke
Leading Goalkicker: Darren Bradshaw
Recruit of the Year: Jesse Smith
Headline of the Year[/quote] "Wangtastic" as the traditional rivals prepare to square off in a GF for the 1st time in over 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back