Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like give you a tissue! You wang people are the biggest pack of whingers i have ever seen!Just play bloody footy and wear the bumps and bruises like everyone else!!!!
Just wanted to say I'm not having a whinge - I don't mind the wang boys being suspended, i don't barrack for them. And I'd add that they probably aren't too woried about playing the game, given they won the match by 10 goals. Just thought it odd that Godde only got two weeks for a headbutt - would have thought that would be deemed as more serious than a punch. And the whole dobbing thing is pretty weak in my opinion. Anyway, it's all healthy discussion!

More like give you a tissue! You wang people are the biggest pack of whingers i have ever seen!Just play bloody footy and wear the bumps and bruises like everyone else!!!!

its more like hoggy having a cry, he's got a short memory if he cant recall september last year (actually dont blame him:D). mackie leaving them seems a good decison now. wheter u agree with it or not the code of silence has been around for a long time, sounded like the hoppers had a grudge.

I'm not a fan at all of Wang or Nth for that matter, but I find it all pretty funny.

Anyway, on a lighter note. Anyone go to the Lavi v Myrt game on Sunday. No suprise on the result, but I heard Tristen Purss took a hanger on Butler in the first quarter. Anyone see it?

The treatment they gave godde that day from the opening bounce was pissweak and porter deserved more than that singular headbutt,wang boys were lining up to hit godde when the scuffle broke out even when he was on the ground they kept punching him,thats pissweak

The treatment they gave godde that day from the opening bounce was pissweak and porter deserved more than that singular headbutt,wang boys were lining up to hit godde when the scuffle broke out even when he was on the ground they kept punching him,thats pissweak[/quote

Just watched the Win News item on the tribunal hearing about the Wang / North game and what a joke! Droughtsy, you need to get your head check! Obviously you werent at the GF last year. North Albury have short memories......... what goes around, comes around! Don't condone what happened in the most recent outbreak but it all stems from the treatment the Hoppers dished out to one J McCormick on GF day. Talk about pissweak!!!!! That was one of the most disgusting displays of cowardness Ive ever seen! Trying to take out a bloke playing on one wing and now that the shoe is on the other foot, they're all squealing like stuck pigs! Goode and Hodgson really have made a mockery of the addage about not being able to take a bit of their own medicine. If you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place!!!! Just opens the doors for more tension and bad blood come the next time these two sides meet! Don't normally come on here, but after seeing that on TV, just couldn't help myself. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The treatment they gave godde that day from the opening bounce was pissweak and porter deserved more than that singular headbutt,wang boys were lining up to hit godde when the scuffle broke out even when he was on the ground they kept punching him,thats pissweak[/quote

Just watched the Win News item on the tribunal hearing about the Wang / North game and what a joke! Droughtsy, you need to get your head check! Obviously you werent at the GF last year. North Albury have short memories......... what goes around, comes around! Don't condone what happened in the most recent outbreak but it all stems from the treatment the Hoppers dished out to one J McCormick on GF day. Talk about pissweak!!!!! That was one of the most disgusting displays of cowardness Ive ever seen! Trying to take out a bloke playing on one wing and now that the shoe is on the other foot, they're all squealing like stuck pigs! Goode and Hodgson really have made a mockery of the addage about not being able to take a bit of their own medicine. If you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place!!!! Just opens the doors for more tension and bad blood come the next time these two sides meet! Don't normally come on here, but after seeing that on TV, just couldn't help myself. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Bring on Round 15 is all I can say:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I just love the reveiw panels style... Jon McCormick is repeatitively felled in premeditated fashion countless times in the grannie and nothing comes from it, however the wang boys fly the flag after that little germ goode snipes the pies captain (after having already attempting an act of greveous bodily harm on him mind you) and they good to town on us.... I dont argue that Daines "wonder strike" was worthy of a break, but why doesnt the instergater of the whole mess get repremanded harder! When the O&M and all footy leagues for that matter get some common sense in their decisions i'll be a very happy man

lets put this all in perspective.
After the Grand final, when Nth Alb went way too far in testing out Jon Mc. All sides would have tested him, probably just not that much. Make no mistake, Wangaratta was asked by the league to file a complaint, and left hanging when the investigation failed.
As far as the latest game, which i attended, is concerned. It would never have led to an investigation if the Grand final wasn,t taken into consideration. It was a tough game with a couple of good blues. yes there was a bit of squaring up. Most of which Goode bought on himself on the day. But to his credit Hodgson seemed to recognise it and left him off for the 2nd half, or most of it. The findings of this latest investigation seem to be way off the mark again. But lets just finish the Bullsh#t & move on.
yes I am a Wang supporter and I think we should let this go now.

Interesting to see the cheap personal attack from Brad McGrath against one John McNamara in Monday's Border Mail..... Not having much sympathy for the Hawks at all I still found it a pretty weak effort from someone who is supposed to present an impersonal review of the match to use a medium that many of the border & north east footy fans read to have his little tantrum.

From my point of view, any coach would be seething after the Hawks efforts on Saturday and if it were me I reckon I would need some time to cool down before talking to the media, as opposed to being pressured to talk as he was walking into the rooms like 'big red' claims he was.

Honestly Brad McGrath, the jokes on you for your childish hissy fit. Face it, your in the media, you wont always get your own way, deal with it in the manner your paid too.

Interesting to see the cheap personal attack from Brad McGrath against one John McNamara in Monday's Border Mail..... Not having much sympathy for the Hawks at all I still found it a pretty weak effort from someone who is supposed to present an impersonal review of the match to use a medium that many of the border & north east footy fans read to have his little tantrum.

From my point of view, any coach would be seething after the Hawks efforts on Saturday and if it were me I reckon I would need some time to cool down before talking to the media, as opposed to being pressured to talk as he was walking into the rooms like 'big red' claims he was.

Honestly Brad McGrath, the jokes on you for your childish hissy fit. Face it, your in the media, you wont always get your own way, deal with it in the manner your paid too.

id hardly say it was cheap and personal ... i think if the whole crowd laughs at how bad the rovers were then it is justified.

u would never see peter tossoll or travis hodgson refuse to speak after a game, it's part of a coaches job.

if john doesnt want to deal with the pressure maybe he could come and help robbie murray simplify things out here at jindera.

Forgive me for bringing it up again, but who/what started the whole Wang/North stoush?

Was it Porter and wang targeting Godde, as Travis points out in the paper, to which he responds with the headbutt.
OR
was it Godde throwing the headbutt that started the whole saga...

I had a go at Godde on my last post assuming he'd started it all. But i'm not sure that i'm right.
Can anyone answer the question without putting a North or Wang bias to it? or am i just not going to get a clear answer cos no-one really knows or cares anymore.

I'm not a fan at all of Wang or Nth for that matter, but I find it all pretty funny.

Anyway, on a lighter note. Anyone go to the Lavi v Myrt game on Sunday. No suprise on the result, but I heard Tristen Purss took a hanger on Butler in the first quarter. Anyone see it?

Prob not, Lavi have a poor following and myrt prob don't have many watching considering current form. Being in the first quarter means the reserves boys are still in the showers... I'd reckon you got about 50 people out there that might've seen it...

Forgive me for bringing it up again, but who/what started the whole Wang/North stoush?

Was it Porter and wang targeting Godde, as Travis points out in the paper, to which he responds with the headbutt.
OR

I had a go at Godde on my last post assuming he'd started it all. But i'm not sure that i'm right.
Can anyone answer the question without putting a North or Wang bias to it? or am i just not going to get a clear answer cos no-one really knows or cares anymore.

Head - I'll give you an account of what i have been told from people from a few defferent clubs that were there (Including one North fella)
Hopefully this is the last thing said about it.
Apparently this has all come about from the Hoppers putting in every Wang bloke they could.

1st Qtr was between J.Porter & Godde. I got told that they both bumped each other then just had a push and shove. Porter got 2 weeks for a jumper punch but didn't say anything about Godde as he thought "it was all part of football and there wasn't anything in it"

2nd Qtr Godde got 2 weeks for a headbutt on J.Porter. D.Porter recieved 5 for coming to stick up for his brother - He did however get 2 punches into Godde pleading guilty as i understand.
Also in the fight Murray got 2 for landing a good one on Trenfield or Lord (Sorry i can't remember which one.)

Interesting to note the North bloke i spoke with who i have known for a long time said that Godde had this coming for a long time and probably "needs to cop a few" & that how embarrased there coach has made the club look.

Not too worried about the outcome as North will have a couple out this week V the mighty panthers and so might Wang in a few weeks.
Hope this helps old head? How is the trip mate? Getting much sun on those legs?
I also hear Stevo is on track for a late season comeback!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to note that Daine Porter's 5-game suspension ends after round 14. This means he will be free to play in the Magpies' round 15 match against - you guessed it - North Albury.

id hardly say it was cheap and personal ... i think if the whole crowd laughs at how bad the rovers were then it is justified.

u would never see peter tossoll or travis hodgson refuse to speak after a game, it's part of a coaches job.

if john doesnt want to deal with the pressure maybe he could come and help robbie murray simplify things out here at jindera.
Definitely poor form from The Border Mail - it did come across as a personal attack. So John didn't want to speak to Brad after the match - how different is that from a coach who just gives yes or no answers. Making a ridiculous headline out of it seems a tad self-righteous. John's refusal probably goes back to the "dumb footy" headline they used a few weeks back - again, making headlines out of off the cuff comments. Don't think he will be particularly forthcoming with Brad in future...

Head - I'll give you an account of what i have been told from people from a few defferent clubs that were there (Including one North fella)
Hopefully this is the last thing said about it.
Apparently this has all come about from the Hoppers putting in every Wang bloke they could.

1st Qtr was between J.Porter & Godde. I got told that they both bumped each other then just had a push and shove. Porter got 2 weeks for a jumper punch but didn't say anything about Godde as he thought "it was all part of football and there wasn't anything in it"

2nd Qtr Godde got 2 weeks for a headbutt on J.Porter. D.Porter recieved 5 for coming to stick up for his brother - He did however get 2 punches into Godde pleading guilty as i understand.
Also in the fight Murray got 2 for landing a good one on Trenfield or Lord (Sorry i can't remember which one.)

Interesting to note the North bloke i spoke with who i have known for a long time said that Godde had this coming for a long time and probably "needs to cop a few" & that how embarrased there coach has made the club look.

Not too worried about the outcome as North will have a couple out this week V the mighty panthers and so might Wang in a few weeks.
Hope this helps old head? How is the trip mate? Getting much sun on those legs?
I also hear Stevo is on track for a late season comeback!

very good summary about how it all started glitter. a bit of macho push and shove between godde and j porter in 1st 1/4, maybe a couple of jumper punches in there but hardly anything you don't see on a footy field pretty regularly. it all ignited in the 2nd quarter with godde's headbutt. how he can only cop 2 weeks for that is beyond me

the following is a quote from hodgson after the tribunal:

“Wangaratta, since grand final day, have done everything they can to tarnish the North Albury Football Club’s reputation and tonight the tribunal’s verdict has left everybody in no doubt who instigated the violence,” he said.
“I think it was clear to anyone at the ground who initiated the trouble that day, so from our point of view it shouldn’t have even started I guess.”

would you like some violin music with that hoggy?? fair dinkum, nth albury don't need much assistance in tarnishing their own reputation from what i've witnessed recently. the repeated late hits on mccormick in the GF were a disgrace and reflected very poorly on the nth alb FC as a whole and particularly on its coach. the conduct of godde a few weeks back reinforced it, as did the conduct of a handful of nth alb supporters and one of their match day officials in the race after the game which would have led to an off field melee if not for a cool head from one magpie official

as for the game a few weeks back, it was nothing more than push, shove and a bit of lip until godde's headbutt on j porter. so to most people who saw it, it was indeed pretty clear who instigated the level of violence that eventuated. rather than just absorb the hits and keep playing footy like they did on GF day, wang this time made a stand and stood up for their skipper

How about the return of the great Tom Dickson to the Raiders!!

All hail the great man, looks like the area of Albury/Wodonga could be in for a bout of Syphillis if he has his way!

EB no hailing needed, dont think you need to hail a bloke who hails himself. Watched dickson on the w/e and was a little quiet in 1st half, found a bit of it in the latter parts of the 3rd quarter and tore it up in the 4th.
However talking to him after the game you would be lead to belive that he had just guided the boys to a victory.. interesting:cool:

Definitely poor form from The Border Mail - it did come across as a personal attack. So John didn't want to speak to Brad after the match - how different is that from a coach who just gives yes or no answers. Making a ridiculous headline out of it seems a tad self-righteous. John's refusal probably goes back to the "dumb footy" headline they used a few weeks back - again, making headlines out of off the cuff comments. Don't think he will be particularly forthcoming with Brad in future...

nonch - can you give some detail what was printed in the BM mate?

nonch - can you give some detail what was printed in the BM mate?
Wasn't so much what was written in the article itself, rather the full page pic of McNamara on the front page of the BM sport liftout with the head line "Why the Hawks' loss to Corowa-Rutherglen was laughable: THE JOKE'S ON YOU JOHN." Which followed the "DUMB FOOTY" headline and equally unflattering pic after a loss earlier in the season, when McNamara mentioned his side had played "dumb footy" at stages.

Apparently Brad Mcgrath has backed away from claiming responsibility for the heading, but my impression is that it was his idea...

very good onballer/half forward. he was the key in wang's premiership win last year. not only did he return to the club but he brought with him clarke pell and lord who were all instrumental in the success. in turn this year the bullant connection has harvested jesse smith and michael hooper

i hear he wears slippers though. soft?

Wasn't so much what was written in the article itself, rather the full page pic of McNamara on the front page of the BM sport liftout with the head line "Why the Hawks' loss to Corowa-Rutherglen was laughable: THE JOKE'S ON YOU JOHN." Which followed the "DUMB FOOTY" headline and equally unflattering pic after a loss earlier in the season, when McNamara mentioned his side had played "dumb footy" at stages.

Apparently Brad Mcgrath has backed away from claiming responsibility for the heading, but my impression is that it was his idea...

Oh boo hoo hoo. What a crock of shit, lets not get feeling too precious about headlines & reports in the Border Mail. Most headlines are not written by the reporter, usually subbies, & they try & engender some humour in things to liven up the paper, & attract peoples attention to the story, ie, sell the freaking paper!!!

Some people get all too precious about things, i read the article, & the accompanying headline, had a little chuckle, and continued to read the paper, like everyone else should have, unless the Rovers people are feeling a little defensive afetr a non so impressive start to the season, with the possibility that their off season recruiting may result in a non finals appearance. It then won't be any laughing matter down at Rovertown as the knives get stuck into some backs...

Oh boo hoo hoo. What a crock of shit, lets not get feeling too precious about headlines & reports in the Border Mail. Most headlines are not written by the reporter, usually subbies, & they try & engender some humour in things to liven up the paper, & attract peoples attention to the story, ie, sell the freaking paper!!!

Some people get all too precious about things, i read the article, & the accompanying headline, had a little chuckle, and continued to read the paper, like everyone else should have, unless the Rovers people are feeling a little defensive afetr a non so impressive start to the season, with the possibility that their off season recruiting may result in a non finals appearance. It then won't be any laughing matter down at Rovertown as the knives get stuck into some backs...

they've had an ordinary run of injuries i know, but the rumour mill would suggest that the knives are already being sharpened at the wj findlay oval.......stay tuned as they tumble out of finals contention with consecutive losses to wodonga wang and lavi

Is there something about the way I write that makes people think I'm having a whinge?! I'm just interested to hear people's thoughts on certain matters, is all. As far as getting precious is concerned, I thought it was precious of Brad to get so offended at John not speaking to him. And I'm well aware of the role of subbies, but I also know that in regional papers the journos put forth their own headlines a lot of the time, and this one definitely had that feel about it.

And I think most knives will remain sheathed when the hawks miss the finals given the number of injuries they have had.

Anyway, i'll put some smily things in so you're aware my response isn't too serious, k kok midge...:):):):):):)

OR

Old mate Travis is a real piece of work eh, trying to bring down the image of the wang football club.. when he admitted (on the day of the incident) that he took goode off the ground "because i cant control him" like seriously he admits his player is off his head then tries to say wang were at fault... get over your self trav and try and win a footy game on ability not thuggery... Because we all have seen that when it comes to the hard stuff your teams as soft as puppy sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back