Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
roast beef roll said:
Didn't get to the game, but i've heard there was a bit of biff in the crowd, can anymore confirm. If so, it'll be interesting to see what happens should the yarra boys make it thru to play them again.

The game was one before the first bounce yarra thought they would just turn up and win but they sure got a fair kick up the rear-end. They hang off packs and with the exception of Wild and wollington and didn't go in and get the ball. For the staints Chappy was good as was murray and No 9.

As for the biff in the crowd i was near two of them and they were just a bit of push and shove that came about from back and forth banter, it's not the best site at the footy when grown men get into it in front of young kids.

Pearce off Jack said:
Thats a pity i really wanted to read Scopes predictions that he posted last week!!!!

Yep, Myrt proved me well and truly wrong POJ.
They were outstanding, closed down yarra's space and never looked like losing!
And Luke Chapman would be relieved with hargreveas kicking one goal, but he was aided by some terrible footy from his team-mates further up field.
He still looks a bit shaky to me though, always has his hands on his head and looks nervous when he gets the footy.
But he stopped his man and I guess that was his job.
Hargreaves sure does know how to go off at his team-mates through as do half the Yarra side - looked like they were fighting amongst themselves a fair bit!!!

I hope Saints can win it now, they deserve it.

roast beef roll said:
Apparently the boys at big footy had some technical probs. Chief had an announcement on the forums board saying that all info from last week was lost, they didn't back it up and something went amiss so they lost it. Thankfully all of the trash that harold had put on during that time is lost, hopefully harold went with it!

It is great news in some ways. Good to see all of Harolds crap gone. But then we lost all of the tips.

Louise said:
harsh said:
Didn't see the biff in the crowd, but full marks to the Saints they simply out-played the Pigeons who were very, very disappointing yet only went down by 25 points.
Good signs for Saints with Brad Murray getting through unscathed, but McKee limped off with a hammy in the third term and David Bourke didn't take his place in the selected team also due to a hammy.

For those at the game, it was obvious that McKee didn't suffer a hammy injury. His little cousin crunched him and bruised his ribs, and a Yarra defender, tackled him and he got up sore and required treatment for a neck complaint. Word has it, Bourke may have been involved in a car altercation during the week and was very sore, but not in the hamstring.

One of the major reasons for the loss yesterday was several PASSENGERS let there players run free, and have been for several weeks. One particular player off the wing, and not Bonat has been a passenger for 6 - 8 weeks and would be sweating on selection next week.

As for the commentators, saying Hargreaves was responsible for the loss yestyerday, did you notice the **** delivery, and that he was double teamed all day, same for McMillan. Giving Bunn best on ground was a joke , he was the loose man in defence, so he should be getting possessions at will. Rudd eclipsed Piltz and was given as being non valuable to the side. The commentators need to get with what is actually occurring in the game, and stop making up what they like. THUMBS DOWN BOYS commentating yesterday.

I was at the game on Sat an I can tell you right now there a few big paid Yarra players who were very dissapointing!! Hargraves an Mcmillan were both very ordinary!! Especially Hargraves who was being his usual self in spraying his teammates all day. In speaking to a few of the Yarra boys they are all sick of it, even Bob Craig is on edge after apparently he mentioned something at quarter time! Hargraves is a fantasic player an could easly bounce back an lead the pidgeons into a rematch with Myrt in two weeks but first in must pull his head in an start being a team player!!

Well done to Myrt on an excellent performance they had winners all over the ground. They were also very well coached as they outplayed the pidgeons and probably should have won by more.

The Yarra boys will be very nervous as they head to martin park to take on Lavi this week. They have had two very tough games during the year which they did win but finals are a different ball game an we all know how Lavi handle finals pressure.

BIG "H" said:
Louise said:
I was at the game on Sat an I can tell you right now there a few big paid Yarra players who were very dissapointing!! Hargraves an Mcmillan were both very ordinary!! Especially Hargraves who was being his usual self in spraying his teammates all day. In speaking to a few of the Yarra boys they are all sick of it, even Bob Craig is on edge after apparently he mentioned something at quarter time! Hargraves is a fantasic player an could easly bounce back an lead the pidgeons into a rematch with Myrt in two weeks but first in must pull his head in an start being a team player!!

Well done to Myrt on an excellent performance they had winners all over the ground. They were also very well coached as they outplayed the pidgeons and probably should have won by more.

The Yarra boys will be very nervous as they head to martin park to take on Lavi this week. They have had two very tough games during the year which they did win but finals are a different ball game an we all know how Lavi handle finals pressure.

Hey Big H you are a pussy. Do you pack fudge for a living?

The Flying Wombat said:
BIG "H" said:
Hey Big H you are a pussy. Do you pack fudge for a living?

FW - How about actually sticking to the subject of talking about O&M footy.

If you want to add something of interest feel free if not head back out with the other children to the sandpit.

Ozz12 said:
The Flying Wombat said:
FW - How about actually sticking to the subject of talking about O&M footy.

If you want to add something of interest feel free if not head back out with the other children to the sandpit.

TFW actually posted a very similar statement on the Bendigo League thread...appears to be a well educated wombat this one!!!

Can someone tell me how Adam Eady is going for Lavi?

FencePainter said:
Ozz12 said:
TFW actually posted a very similar statement on the Bendigo League thread...appears to be a well educated wombat this one!!!

Can someone tell me how Adam Eady is going for Lavi?

Not a bad young player, plays off half back mainly.

half time raffle said:
Did yarra recieve any fresh injuries? Will they be close to full strength next week? Will be interesting to see how they respond to this loss.

yeah, yarra struck by bad injuries. haven't had any major injuries all year just unfortunate that now is the time that they get them. scott oswald out with a hamstring, yarra really miss his speedy run of half back and into midfield, he is one of yarra's most important players. also out went luke hammond with some kind of injury and he is one of their main midfielders who used to play for brisbane lions. lawrence furlan and dallas gallagher were battling injuries while playing also. gallagher rushed back from an ankle and furlan had sore ribs.

go_cats11 said:
yeah, yarra struck by bad injuries. haven't had any major injuries all year just unfortunate that now is the time that they get them. scott oswald out with a hamstring, yarra really miss his speedy run of half back and into midfield, he is one of yarra's most important players. also out went luke hammond with some kind of injury and he is one of their main midfielders who used to play for brisbane lions. lawrence furlan and dallas gallagher were battling injuries while playing also. gallagher rushed back from an ankle and furlan had sore ribs.

Dont blame Yarra's loss to Myrtleford because of injuries. If you are named in the side you are expected to be fully fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Flying Wombat said:
That was Myrtlefords Grand final on the weekend boy!
Read your fixture Wombat!The Grand Final is on the 24th of September and only one side has progressed that being Myrtleford!So no matter what you have all said about Myrtleford(and there has been a s**t load) when the time came to put up or shut up they certainly delivered!

Pearce off Jack said:
Read your fixture Wombat!The Grand Final is on the 24th of September and only one side has progressed that being Myrtleford!So no matter what you have all said about Myrtleford(and there has been a s**t load) when the time came to put up or shut up they certainly delivered!

Deliver what exactly ?? They certainly didnt deliver last year an they haven't this year yet, they must stand up come sun 24th sept!! Thats when the pressure is right on an when everything counts!!

Crowd record beckons

O and M on track for bumper finals series

BY DAVID JOHNSTON (www.bordermail.com.au)
THE Ovens and Murray league is poised to break through the 15,000 barrier for its grand final as a record-breaking finals series builds towards a thrilling crescendo.

Crowds for all four finals matches played this season are up on last year’s figures and the 14,811 people who attended the grand final in 2005 is set to be eclipsed with Myrtleford advancing to the premiership deciding match again.

The grand final crowd could go as high as 18,000 if Yarrawonga defeats reigning premiers Lavington in the preliminary final on Sunday at John Flower Oval.

The O and M introduced official crowd numbers for finals matches in 2003 when 14,356 people watched Corowa-Rutherglen defeat Wodonga in the grand final.

Saturday’s final between Myrtleford and Yarrawonga drew a crowd of 4973, over 500 more than last year when the Saints beat Wangaratta.

Both matches were played in Wangaratta and had strong competition with the Ovens and King league preliminary final.

“I think we have had a good mix of teams so far,” O and M chairman Greg Claney said.

“The game between Yarra and Myrtleford, both out-of-towners, drew a bigger crowd than when Wang was involved last year.

“I guess it shows how important these clubs are to the public perception of the health of the league with the support they can muster at finals time.

“No live footy in Melbourne has helped as has the weather.

“We were lucky last Sunday with the wet start to the day that there were two Albury-Wodonga sides playing in the elimination final.

“The increase in crowd numbers the league would hope is an indication that O and M footy, especially at finals time, is still held in high regard by people.”

The first semi-final crowd of 4604 people at Bunton Park on Sunday was more than 600 up on last year.

A total of 32,808 people attended O and M finals last year and already 16,290 have attended this year.

“I think we had a competition that was fairly even this year,” Claney said.

“The last round was pretty much a mini-final and perhaps got the public in the mood.

“I think the choice of venues has proved to be correct and the numbers are indicating that as well.

“All the talk about the AFL and ‘crap’ football has not hurt our cause either.

“With Yarrawonga in the preliminary final I would expect another bumper crowd on Sunday.

“A grand final between Myrtleford and Yarrawonga would mean we would have to lock the gates.

“We do have in prospect six different clubs being involved on grand final day which will help swell the numbers.”

BIG "H" said:
[/FONT]

Deliver what exactly ?? They certainly didnt deliver last year an they haven't this year yet, they must stand up come sun 24th sept!! Thats when the pressure is right on an when everything counts!!
It wouldnt matter what Myrtleford did Big H you obviously have a dislike for them!As i recall you said all the pressure was on myrtleford!They came from last in 2005 and got beat after the siren and this year have had massive injuries and still finished 2nd!They then went on to beat Yarra who had only lost one game and were red hot favourites and are straight through to the GF.I would think that they have delivered plenty and that maybe Yarra are the ones who have all the pressure!

Pearce off Jack said:
It wouldnt matter what Myrtleford did Big H you obviously have a dislike for them!As i recall you said all the pressure was on myrtleford!They came from last in 2005 and got beat after the siren and this year have had massive injuries and still finished 2nd!They then went on to beat Yarra who had only lost one game and were red hot favourites and are straight through to the GF.I would think that they have delivered plenty and that maybe Yarra are the ones who have all the pressure!

First of all I dont dislike Myrt as I have said in Previous post's I know a number of there players.
Myrtleford have done well to make it through to there second consecutive G/F an well done to them a fantastic achievment but they are yet to deliver anything! You are right there is a lot of pressure on yarra this week not to go out in straight sets but I believe if Yarra do win or Lavi this week the pressure will be right back on Myrt not to CHOKE two years in a row!

Lets look at this weeks game with the pressure right on Yarra can they bounce back? or can Lavi's finals rollercoaster roll on?

BIG "H" said:
First of all I dont dislike Myrt as I have said in Previous post's I know a number of there players.
Myrtleford have done well to make it through to there second consecutive G/F an well done to them a fantastic achievment but they are yet to deliver anything! You are right there is a lot of pressure on yarra this week not to go out in straight sets but I believe if Yarra do win or Lavi this week the pressure will be right back on Myrt not to CHOKE two years in a row!

Lets look at this weeks game with the pressure right on Yarra can they bounce back? or can Lavi's finals rollercoaster roll on?
So your telling me that if Yarra win this week all the pressure is on Myrtleford!

Pearce off Jack said:
So your telling me that if Yarra win this week all the pressure is on Myrtleford!
Either way it's going to be a great GF I reckon if Yarra can get through this week. I'd say the pressure will be on both sides. Any club in a GF will be desperate to win it, and it's been a long time between drinks for both of these clubs.

If it is one of these two teams holding the cup at the end of year, they'll have to shut the town down for a week.

TuskenRaider said:
Either way it's going to be a great GF I reckon if Yarra can get through this week. I'd say the pressure will be on both sides. Any club in a GF will be desperate to win it, and it's been a long time between drinks for both of these clubs.

If it is one of these two teams holding the cup at the end of year, they'll have to shut the town down for a week.

VERY WELL SAID!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Dont blame Yarra's loss to Myrtleford because of injuries. If you are named in the side you are expected to be fully fit.

yeah, now listen mate, i'm not blaming yarra's loss on injuries and plus i'm not the coach and i don't select the side. all i'm saying is that yarra were missing some key players. (i don't think they would have won anyway if they did have fully fit side.)

go_cats11 said:
yeah, now listen mate, i'm not blaming yarra's loss on injuries and plus i'm not the coach and i don't select the side. all i'm saying is that yarra were missing some key players. (i don't think they would have won anyway if they did have fully fit side.)

Myrt will choke again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back