Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in a position to argue who the best players in the O&M are becuase it sure isn't me and I doubt that it is anyone that has time to waste posting on here. Like myself I doubt that many posters were/are very good players (so making comments that are slanderous about a bloke is gutless and unsubstantial). What I was questioning was the comment about Craig Ednie. I didn't think there was any evidence to back up the feeble arguement that stated he went missing when the Pigeons are struggling. If you are going to make a comment like that, state your name and credentials or, keep your comments for Saturdays when can you hide behind the fence with a pie in your hand.

IS - Bighawk is a schoolboy Coreen League pest who when not talking rubbish on the coreen thread is questioning the abilities and crdentials of last year's O&M Medallist in Ednie but won't state his own. Sorry to say that he and a few mates on school holidays are treating some of these threads as a laugh - it must be better fun than those obscene phone calls schoolboys usually do. Take not notice and he might go away soon.

good to see some upset results in round 12 in the leauge, which just shows how even it really is. Round 13 shapes as an interesting round and shape how the year pans out for clus as to where they finish, if clubs can continue there form from the previous round. Raiders to push yarra at home as they aren't in great form over the last month, Lavi and Wodonga both need to bounce back and get back on track, with the local derby of both Albury teams to be a tuff game with both teams coming of a lose and could be fighting for a top 3 spot, mertyleford playing home to wang will have to be on top of there game, and to finish off the round a tight one with rovers with winning form and back in the five against the roos getting players back and a win last week. Look forward to this week of footy.

I absolutely, totally agree with you Bomber. Every side needs receivers. They can be the most damaging players if they play it right. John Hunt used to terrorise sides five years ago for Lavington!
In closing this argument and moving on, for the record I will state that I think Jon McCormick is a 'good' footballer. Read into what you will.

Yeah, thats true McCormick is by far and away the best 'receiver' in the comp..

Is Mark Doolan a genuine contender for the Morris Medal? The lad seems to be having a ripper of a year. Have the Raiders won enough games to allow this?
For those in the know, are the Raiders improving? They seem to be.

Is Mark Doolan a genuine contender for the Morris Medal? The lad seems to be having a ripper of a year. Have the Raiders won enough games to allow this?
For those in the know, are the Raiders improving? They seem to be.

Regardless of how many wins they have, if you're picking up 35+ possessions every week, you've got to be getting votes almost every game. Based on that i'd say he's over the line as medal winner.
Having said that, let me say this, does anyone seriously believe he picked up 50 possessions in those conditions? They have a habit of counting by 2s at raiderland, why do you think his total possessions are always an even number:D

Regardless of how many wins they have, if you're picking up 35+ possessions every week, you've got to be getting votes almost every game. Based on that i'd say he's over the line as medal winner.
Having said that, let me say this, does anyone seriously believe he picked up 50 possessions in those conditions? They have a habit of counting by 2s at raiderland, why do you think his total possessions are always an even number:D

Yeah don't reckon he would have had 50, probably closer to 60, lol. Seriously, he's a lot more likely to get 50 touches in those conditions than you, or i, or most players, because the conditions lend themselves to plenty of stoppages, which he is a king at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raiders really need to tell the parents of the two 7 y.o dislexic kids who do the stats each week to give the home schooling a rest coz it just aint working! Its laughable, it really is.

Can anyone give me a run down on how Cal McClay (I think Albury Tigers) is going or if he is still playing?

Indeed, Cal is still playing, holding down the number 1 ruck position, and at the moment would be rating well in B&F calculations.

He is certainly one player who gives his all every time he runs onto the ground. I just get a bit concerned when he has to kick it:D

Seriously though, having a ripper year!

Good to hear...is he still mad on the footy field?

How are Albury going this year?

He has played with controlled aggression this season, but yes, you could say he is still mad (sorry Cal:eek:)

The Tigers are going along nicely at the moment, sitting 4th, 1 game clear of Rovers and 2 clear of Wodonga. They lost 4 of their first 5 and then won 6 straight, only to lose to Rovers in a close one last week, I think that win gave Rovers 6 wins on the trot after losing their first 6.

Albury have a huge match this weekend against North Alb, who are 3rd one game clear of the Tigers.

He has played with controlled aggression this season, but yes, you could say he is still mad (sorry Cal:eek:)

The Tigers are going along nicely at the moment, sitting 4th, 1 game clear of Rovers and 2 clear of Wodonga. They lost 4 of their first 5 and then won 6 straight, only to lose to Rovers in a close one last week, I think that win gave Rovers 6 wins on the trot after losing their first 6.

Albury have a huge match this weekend against North Alb, who are 3rd one game clear of the Tigers.

Thanks WIAB. Finally someone posts something worth reading. All the rubbish about Doolan we seemed to forget to discuss any of the games, best players and also the up coming week. From what WIAB says Albury V North should be a great game this week and very important to both clubs.

Any other good games on. Sounds like a few teams are starting to fight it out for the 5. Who will and who won't make it??

Thanks WIAB. Finally someone posts something worth reading. All the rubbish about Doolan we seemed to forget to discuss any of the games, best players and also the up coming week. From what WIAB says Albury V North should be a great game this week and very important to both clubs.

Any other good games on. Sounds like a few teams are starting to fight it out for the 5. Who will and who won't make it??
its really hard to pick FP cos wang and yarra are so far ahead of the rest other games are a raffle really. i still reckon lavi might get the 5th spot and win some games on the way home. maybe 8 wins and a good percentage will be enough to earn a finals berth this year cos the comp is very even. wang rovers seem to be playing above themselves in my opinion but when i saw them it was earlier in the year. i dont think corowa can make it and wodonga have lost all form and look gone.. however anything can happen

Good to hear...is he still mad on the footy field?

How are Albury going this year?

A bit more controlled than when he was over at the Bay (or in Bali for that matter) .... Good to see that a bloke like to Cal who came into senior footy in what is much lower league (NSW Sth Coast) can step up to the O&M. A good sign for any other young bloke in the lower leagues that if they get fit and with the right club they can play a high level.

Yeah Should be an interesting round this week Albury-North Albury fighting for that double chance. Yarra (missing several key players) taking on a enthusiastic raiders coming off a massive win over arch rivals Wodonga last week. Magpies (Also with share of injury worries) against Myrtleford who last week pushed the reinging champs. The inform rovers going for 7 on the trot up against Corowa who must win or its season over. The Struggling Wodonga against the equally struggling Lavington, the loser of this may also be gone. Very much a round that will shape the season for many clubs.

Im going to tip; Albury 8pts need to win or face tough task to get 3rd, Yarra 25pts, Just a little too classy and polished for the improveing raiders
Wangaratta 42pts, Same as Yarra
Rovers 18pts, Form to good to look past
Lavingtons 5pts, Very tight game could go either way

cal mcclay is about as aggresive as aaron fiora on the footy field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back