Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your full of shit winmar. Firstly toss bag let me say that I respect Ryan alot as a player, and when did i say i didnt in my initial post ?? Ive got no doubt he probly would have won the morris last season, no disrespect to johnny mac. So Winmar with that said you should get back in ya box. Secondly, Unless my eyes are playing up on me, which they arent as the shoulder incident was right on the clubrooms side wing of John Foord oval, in front of the main part of the crowd, me and the other 100 people standing around me seen exactly how he did his shoulder. So before you jump on ya soapbox winny, Ryan was not being arrogant by trying to run through someone, thats just the way he plays, and that style is what makes him such a good player and probly, injuries aside, will see him eventually win a morris medal.
but he is training with port melbourne

what exact tactics did he use to mentally intimidate these members of the wodonga bulldogs?

I think we should include him in the o&m squad even if he's not fit... cos he's so bloody hard! Plus he can mentally intimidate the opposition.:D

Your obviously 20 cents in the dollar roast beef! I think any player thats played footy realises that football is a mental game and to be mentally intimidated can happen to players you half wit.. after all it is your mind that makes the decisions out there isn't it!! GOOSE!:thumbsdown:

ahhh yes good to see winmar_07 has hardened up and has started posting again after the humiliation he brought upon himself last season. without him this forum has taken a more sensible turn and its just good to see that all too familiar element of unfounded and unresearched dogsh*t start to creep its way back into the forum when he posts :rolleyes: interesting to see him desperately pumping up jake ryan as a tough as nails and ripped footballer when most games i saw ryan play last year involved him often shirking the physical issue and being the maestro of the loose ball get. an outstanding player, but he is no kade stevens or mark doolan!

Mark Doolan is a fat heep agree stevens is a gun!

Jake Ryan sheking the hard ball i don't think you get the respect of other players and teams if you sherk the hard ball mate! Get real!

Looks like they're a bit cranky at North Albury ! 5 clearances lodges away from North and all rejected, including Prior & Nichols to Raiders, & Haydn Murray to Myrtleford.

Mark Doolan is a fat heep agree stevens is a gun!

Jake Ryan sheking the hard ball i don't think you get the respect of other players and teams if you sherk the hard ball mate! Get real!

another quality comment from the genius winmar.

i'm happy to bet you whatever you want that in 4 months time mark doolan will have already made more of an impact on the wafl than jake "the toughman, giantkiller, superhero, tough as nails" ryan ever did.

or are wafl twos players highly regarded in perth?

Your full of shit winmar. Firstly toss bag let me say that I respect Ryan alot as a player, and when did i say i didnt in my initial post ?? Ive got no doubt he probly would have won the morris last season, no disrespect to johnny mac. So Winmar with that said you should get back in ya box. Secondly, Unless my eyes are playing up on me, which they arent as the shoulder incident was right on the clubrooms side wing of John Foord oval, in front of the main part of the crowd, me and the other 100 people standing around me seen exactly how he did his shoulder. So before you jump on ya soapbox winny, Ryan was not being arrogant by trying to run through someone, thats just the way he plays, and that style is what makes him such a good player and probly, injuries aside, will see him eventually win a morris medal.

As a new bloke in the north-east region I have of recent time seen many O&M games and have to say firstly that in comparison to many metropolitan leagues in Melbourne and I guess anywhere else for that matter it is of a high quality standard. Sure you will have the knuckle-heads that will carry on and give some teams a bad rap although overall I've been impressed.

Sure there is a bit (or should I say a lot) of money that is changing hands for a game of footy but I guess if it attracts the best players willing to move to the region then good luck to the clubs for providing such talent for us the outer experts....

Now to add to the debate of McCormick v Ryan v anyone else people out there want to throw in:
I have had the pleasure of watching and speaking with both Jon and Jake and must say that I have a lot of respect for these two guys both on and off the field. They are both very passionate footballers who have played at a higher level and therefore are on many occassions (if not all) are targeted by oppositions before even entering the arena. I guess Jake loves to get in their face, whereas Jon will continue to play his game. That's not to say that one is better than the other it's just the way they go about their business.
We all know that Jake polled really well in the first 6 or 8 weeks last year and was on some ridiculous amount of 16 votes and pretty well clear so to say he would have won the medal is a fair enough call, although in saying that how many players would've taken votes away from Jake as opposed to Jon, so he's done a fantastic job to win it regardless of Jake's injury. I would take both players in my team any day and I think that no matter what team you follow both players have proven to be absolute guns in the O&M and deserve the respect of the football community.

Just for the record I was not there when Jake went down so I can't comment on how it happened.

Maggies/Roos supporters, your turn...!

As a new bloke in the north-east region I have of recent time seen many O&M games and have to say firstly that in comparison to many metropolitan leagues in Melbourne and I guess anywhere else for that matter it is of a high quality standard. Sure you will have the knuckle-heads that will carry on and give some teams a bad rap although overall I've been impressed.

Sure there is a bit (or should I say a lot) of money that is changing hands for a game of footy but I guess if it attracts the best players willing to move to the region then good luck to the clubs for providing such talent for us the outer experts....

Now to add to the debate of McCormick v Ryan v anyone else people out there want to throw in:
I have had the pleasure of watching and speaking with both Jon and Jake and must say that I have a lot of respect for these two guys both on and off the field. They are both very passionate footballers who have played at a higher level and therefore are on many occassions (if not all) are targeted by oppositions before even entering the arena. I guess Jake loves to get in their face, whereas Jon will continue to play his game. That's not to say that one is better than the other it's just the way they go about their business.
We all know that Jake polled really well in the first 6 or 8 weeks last year and was on some ridiculous amount of 16 votes and pretty well clear so to say he would have won the medal is a fair enough call, although in saying that how many players would've taken votes away from Jake as opposed to Jon, so he's done a fantastic job to win it regardless of Jake's injury. I would take both players in my team any day and I think that no matter what team you follow both players have proven to be absolute guns in the O&M and deserve the respect of the football community.

Just for the record I was not there when Jake went down so I can't comment on how it happened.

Maggies/Roos supporters, your turn...!

Hey Mike Munro stick to hosting 'This is your life' unless your gunna tell us something of importance or substance

:rolleyes:Yarra have been very quiet on the recruiting front. They will field a team of short people this year. All there recruits are rake handles and none above six foot. They will be lucky if they can stay off the bottom of the ladder.

Wang are flag favourites easily. Maintained and added to a superior outfit.

Go Maggies - BACK TO BACK :thumbsu:TO BACK TO BACK:):cool:

:rolleyes:Yarra have been very quiet on the recruiting front. They will field a team of short people this year. All there recruits are rake handles and none above six foot. They will be lucky if they can stay off the bottom of the ladder.

Wang are flag favourites easily. Maintained and added to a superior outfit.

Go Maggies - BACK TO BACK :thumbsu:TO BACK TO BACK:):cool:

Ease up there wonga, word is your leading bigman has gone to O&K club Greta.:p:p:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ease up there wonga, word is your leading bigman has gone to O&K club Greta.:p:p:p

Splasher by name and SPLASHER by nature. Thats when you do your best work alone and splashing!!!

When you have got something with substance to say get back to me !!:cool:

Splasher by name and SPLASHER by nature. Thats when you do your best work alone and splashing!!!

When you have got something with substance to say get back to me !!:cool:

You might want to ask for a refund on that sense of humour transplant you just had. It appears the sense of humour has rejcted you.:D:D:D

so with practice matches coming up and the season fast approaching who are the teams to watch the smokys and the players you think will make a statement in each club??

wonga u seem to kno a fair bit about yarra.. how are the up and coming youngsters going? anyone to look out for?
That's the third time you have asked that question dazzle in your last 4 posts.If your after a bit of a gee up on here just go ahead and name yourself.Also interesting to note going through your posts you have made up your own thread asking how to get to VFL side.!!!!I'll tell you young fella if your any good they will find you.Don't know of too many that have been contacted after trying to get themselves a mention on bigfooty and starting their own thread asking how:D:D:D

so with practice matches coming up and the season fast approaching who are the teams to watch the smokys and the players you think will make a statement in each club??

flag favourite - wangaratta

smoky - corowa

big improver from last year's finallists - wangaratta rovers

big disappointment from last year's finallists - north albury

a few players to watch - karl norman : back at wang rovers, freakishly talented but persistent question marks over commitment to footy. Will be a dominant force if switched on.

jesse smith - ball magnet signed by wangaratta from sanfl. Will be a midfield force, and once mccormick returns wang may well have the 2 best midfielders in the comp.

darren bradshaw - the goal kicking machine has re-committed to wodonga and will get close to the magical 100 for the season.

my revised ladder for 2008 after hearing of some of the confirmed comings and goings at various clubs:

wangaratta
wangaratta rovers
wodonga
corowa
yarrawonga

albury
lavington
myrtleford
nth albury
raiders

I reckon we might be set for a return to the 70's and witness a good old stoush between the 2 wang rivals in the granny. Surely that wouldn't be played at lavi????

anyone else got any thoughts on the fortunes of clubs now that we have a clearer picture of departures and arrivals?

well put peanut i think you might be on the right track with the 2 wang rivals playing a big part and i think the fixture couldnt be scripted better giving everyone a taste in round 2... will be the most anticipated round 2 match in some time...

agree corowa could a smoky too! providing the midfield stays in tact they could figure prominently!!

getting back to the derby clash in round 2... would it be fare in saying that it would be a case of the best midfield in the comp, maggies (including smith, clarke, porters, trentfield) up against the best forward line in the comp, rovers (including cristoforo, silver, norman, hill, platfuss)?

well put peanut i think you might be on the right track with the 2 wang rivals playing a big part and i think the fixture couldnt be scripted better giving everyone a taste in round 2... will be the most anticipated round 2 match in some time...

agree corowa could a smoky too! providing the midfield stays in tact they could figure prominently!!

getting back to the derby clash in round 2... would it be fare in saying that it would be a case of the best midfield in the comp, maggies (including smith, clarke, porters, trentfield) up against the best forward line in the comp, rovers (including cristoforo, silver, norman, hill, platfuss)?

reckon you might be right thinkbig re the round 2 clash. Rovers are going to kick alot of goals this year with the names you mentioned all playing forward, and wang will have a clear edge in the midfield, even without mccormick. Going to be a great battle. Extra incentive for both sides too, wang unfurling the flag and rovers no doubt wanting to spoil the party.

Wang's forward line also shaping up ok, hayse and henry going around again, and they've added hooper who will be a very good O&M player. He won a vfl reserves b&f in 06 after playing only 10 or so games, and would have played alot more senior vfl footy if not for the bullants alignment with carlton. He will be a very good O&M key forward.

The real key to the wang v rovers clashes might be wang's midfield edge and the wang defence. Steer and cosgriff are as good a key defenders as there are in the league. Cosgriff's job on bradshaw in the prelim last year was sensational. Cairns is a very solid 3rd taller option down there as well. Running defenders like symons and trenfield give them alot of rebound too.

i reckon corowa might be set to get under alot of people's guard, especially early on.

another good point you make... wang are pretty well set across all lines it seems, but i also think you'll see some of the class of the rovers midfield really shine through with A Hill, J allan, k raven, leading the charge and the likes of tucci webb newcomer Noonan, and also silver can swing through there and impact aswell, maybe they might just have what it takes to take it to the reigning premiers...

do you know when practice matches/intra-clubs are scheduled for either club? or any clubs for that matter

flag favourite - wangaratta

smoky - corowa

big improver from last year's finallists - wangaratta rovers

big disappointment from last year's finallists - north albury

a few players to watch - karl norman : back at wang rovers, freakishly talented but persistent question marks over commitment to footy. Will be a dominant force if switched on.

jesse smith - ball magnet signed by wangaratta from sanfl. Will be a midfield force, and once mccormick returns wang may well have the 2 best midfielders in the comp.

darren bradshaw - the goal kicking machine has re-committed to wodonga and will get close to the magical 100 for the season.

my revised ladder for 2008 after hearing of some of the confirmed comings and goings at various clubs:

wangaratta
wangaratta rovers
wodonga
corowa
yarrawonga

albury
lavington
myrtleford
nth albury
raiders

I reckon we might be set for a return to the 70's and witness a good old stoush between the 2 wang rivals in the granny. Surely that wouldn't be played at lavi????

anyone else got any thoughts on the fortunes of clubs now that we have a clearer picture of departures and arrivals?

Capt. Peanut, not far of the money i reckon. I would probably have Nth at 6 or 7 though.
Im probably stating the obvious but for me watch Jamie Allans form this year. Spending time at state footy level would have given him the experience and knowledge to take his game to the next level and thats not to mention how fit he will be. Morris medal fav for me.
Im a big fan of Bradshaw as a player and remember he came back very fit for him last year, the question is will he be as fit and dedicated? Word is he hasnt trained much.
I am looking forward to the Wang battle. Bring it on.

Good point made before about the Maggies backline but where i think they lack is probably up forward. Can imagine Carmody spending a fair bit of time up there this season, making him and Henners the two tall options with Hayes the midsized player in the mix. Come round two however i think the Hawks will win out in that area of the ground. With the likes of Matty Allen, still the best fullback in the league, Tyson Hartwig, Steve McIntyre, John Conroy, Mark Strack, and Ben Kneebone down there, that would amount to just about the best backline in the comp. A plethora of tall options who can play both big and small. Rovers forward line looking scary too. hope that they dont end up fighting amongst each other over who is goin to kick 50 goals first.

Good point made before about the Maggies backline but where i think they lack is probably up forward. Can imagine Carmody spending a fair bit of time up there this season, making him and Henners the two tall options with Hayes the midsized player in the mix. Come round two however i think the Hawks will win out in that area of the ground. With the likes of Matty Allen, still the best fullback in the league, Tyson Hartwig, Steve McIntyre, John Conroy, Mark Strack, and Ben Kneebone down there, that would amount to just about the best backline in the comp. A plethora of tall options who can play both big and small. Rovers forward line looking scary too. hope that they dont end up fighting amongst each other over who is goin to kick 50 goals first.

how is that the best back line?????????????????????
ive never even heard of half of em!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back