Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the 2 teams in the GF this week. 2 best teams for the year!

Discussion point

yarra started the last quart on sunday with 19 men. from the first bounce panther captain kade stevens was asking umpire edwards for a head count, but edwards continued to refuse. Stevens asked the umpires no less the 3 times and every time he was ignored. in the mean time the 19th man ran from the ground to even the teams for the last quart.

Now the lavi boys know winning the prelim final on sunday by way of a score wipe isn't on. we realise yarra were by far the better side on the day.

But, if the captain calls for a head count, surely the umpire has a responsibility to carry out the request.

If this had happened when it was requested on sunday, lavi would've lead 45 to nil.

Would've been a funny/interesting way to overcome a 10 goal lead.

#If edwards gets a gig in the GF after that effort, the O&M should be rolled over and slapped on the ar$e without question.

The Crumber said:
What were the vote totals in the MM?
I heard Ednie won, but I can't find the details on the BM web site.
Can someone post the top ten please?

TIA
Craig Ednie (Yarra) - 20 votes
Kade Stevens (Lavington)- 19 votes
Dale Carmody (Magpies) - 18 votes
Brad Horn (Hoppers) - 15 votes
Andrew Carey (Myrtleford) - 14 votes
Luke Carroll (Albury) - 14 votes
Brendan Eyers (Roos)- 14 votes
Josh Frawley (Yarra) - 14 votes
Jason Wild (Yarra) - 13 votes
Adam Butler (Lavington) - 10 votes

aussie fast bowler said:
Good luck to the 2 teams in the GF this week. 2 best teams for the year!

Discussion point

yarra started the last quart on sunday with 19 men. from the first bounce panther captain kade stevens was asking umpire edwards for a head count, but edwards continued to refuse. Stevens asked the umpires no less the 3 times and every time he was ignored. in the mean time the 19th man ran from the ground to even the teams for the last quart.

Now the lavi boys know winning the prelim final on sunday by way of a score wipe isn't on. we realise yarra were by far the better side on the day.

But, if the captain calls for a head count, surely the umpire has a responsibility to carry out the request.

If this had happened when it was requested on sunday, lavi would've lead 45 to nil.

Would've been a funny/interesting way to overcome a 10 goal lead.

#If edwards gets a gig in the GF after that effort, the O&M should be rolled over and slapped on the ar$e without question.

AFB, you might want to take a look at this link before you decide to post again

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250037

Bourne said:

Very good call bourne!! AFB is no doubt a Lavi player, get over it mate you blokes were absolutely destroyed by a far better side. An if Yarra hadn't rested there stars late in the game the margin would of been 100 points plus!!!

On all the games I have seen this year G.Edwards has been the best umpire by far an I can tell you now there isnt many good ones among them.

Ozz12 said:
Craig Ednie (Yarra) - 20 votes
Kade Stevens (Lavington)- 19 votes
Dale Carmody (Magpies) - 18 votes
Brad Horn (Hoppers) - 15 votes
Andrew Carey (Myrtleford) - 14 votes
Luke Carroll (Albury) - 14 votes
Brendan Eyers (Roos)- 14 votes
Josh Frawley (Yarra) - 14 votes
Jason Wild (Yarra) - 13 votes
Adam Butler (Lavington) - 10 votes

Sandshoe!!

Bourne said:

So afb alleges the umpire didn't enforce a non-inerpretable (sp?) rule, and as a result should be overlooked for a GF spot???
How is that defamatory?

I agree with Big "H", Edwards is one of the best. He also implied the rest aren't up to it. FWIW I agree,although I think Dudenas generally knows his onions. It still slurs the remainder.
QED, Big "H" better read Bourne's link as well!!

So that's what's wrong, how does it get fixed? The playing standard is climbing, the umpiring generally (IMHO) doesn't match it.
Solutions welcome - btw I have nothing, and I'm not afraid to say so!!

harsh said:

You are an absolute Peanut mate!! It is grand final week, the biggest week of the year, with the 2 best sides fighting it out on sunday an you wanna carry on with this sh*t!!!

Get a grip, there was no head count no evidence to prove yarra had 19 on the ground so why carry on with rubbish!!
An to put it on the back page seriously are you struggerling for a story that bad?

BIG "H" said:
You are an absolute Peanut mate!! It is grand final week, the biggest week of the year, with the 2 best sides fighting it out on sunday an you wanna carry on with this sh*t!!!

Get a grip, there was no head count no evidence to prove yarra had 19 on the ground so why carry on with rubbish!!
An to put it on the back page seriously are you struggerling for a story that bad?

great call BIG "H"!!

the border mail love those kind of stories though, the lengths they go to, to try and get a controversial story...is just really sad sometimes

get on with GF week, bring on Sunday!!

Don't go crook at the Border Mail go crook at Bobby Craig and his coaching staff, they are the ones that had 19 players on the field.

The Pigeons have shown all year they will go to any length to try and win, they appear to be involved in a lot of contreversy.

bit off topic.. is there any truth in the rumour that Sammy Sleigh could be heading into town?

daisy_train said:
Don't go crook at the Border Mail go crook at Bobby Craig and his coaching staff, they are the ones that had 19 players on the field.

The Pigeons have shown all year they will go to any length to try and win, they appear to be involved in a lot of contreversy.

bit off topic.. is there any truth in the rumour that Sammy Sleigh could be heading into town?

you absolute ****er! why would they go to any length to win at that stage of the game when they were already that far in front. it was an abvious mistake. doesnt any side do what they can to win?

they are miles better than 8 of the other teams in the competition that is how they win. go and find old mate "harold" you's 2 can talk your sh*t together on another forum

king kong said:
you absolute ****er! why would they go to any length to win at that stage of the game when they were already that far in front. it was an abvious mistake. doesnt any side do what they can to win?

they are miles better than 8 of the other teams in the competition that is how they win. go and find old mate "harold" you's 2 can talk your sh*t together on another forum

calm down mate!!

you wonder how these lame bitch fights start on here, take it easy and GET OVER IT!!! BUILD A BRIDGE!!!

Oh and KK, take some english classes while you're at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so now the big day is edging closer and closer, any updated predictions???

will the conditions play a factor???

Will Myrtleford be able to tag Ednie and Wild out of the game or do they just conceed they will pick up their usual possessions and worry about their own game :confused:

Would be interested what everyone thinks, since i have no damn idea

Ozz12 said:
Will Myrtleford be able to tag Ednie and Wild out of the game or do they just conceed they will pick up their usual possessions and worry about their own game :confused:

Would be interested what everyone thinks, since i have no damn idea
myrt will definately need to take Ednie out of the game, he has prooved he is a match winner and the added bonus of the morris medal may bring a little more confidence. Wild to can have the same impact as ednie and would also need to be maintained.

Yarra have their problems to with Brad Murray and Andrew Carey. Carey was the difference between the two teams last time they met and with Murray having a couple more weeks rest would be ready to fire.

good to hear B23

what does everyone else think about the 18,000 crowd prediction, is it realistic?

Bourne said:
good to hear B23

what does everyone else think about the 18,000 crowd prediction, is it realistic?

both clubs have excellent followings and if the weathers perfect then yes i think it is realistic that the 18,000 crowd may turn up.

hammer_time said:
myrt will definately need to take Ednie out of the game, he has prooved he is a match winner and the added bonus of the morris medal may bring a little more confidence. Wild to can have the same impact as ednie and would also need to be maintained.

Yarra have their problems to with Brad Murray and Andrew Carey. Carey was the difference between the two teams last time they met and with Murray having a couple more weeks rest would be ready to fire.

Another little headache for the Pigeons that may be going slightly under the radar is David Bourke.
he didn't play against them in the Saints semi final win and looms as a potential match-winner.
Single handily got Myrt over the line against Albury in the Qual final with 5 goals in a BOG display.
Could be a real problem for the Yarra defence.
McKee, Hodgson, Bourke, McPherson, Rigoni - pretty potent looking forward line!

But Yarra have some firepower to in attack - McMillan, Hargreaves, A Rudd, Runnalls?

BonnScott said:
Great call Scope, I doubt very much Dynamic is a Myrt player.
Can tell u right now that the Dynamic 1 is indeed a Myrt player, infact he would b one of their better players.

But the one thing i'm surprised in is he stuck to his word that he wouldn't b logging onto big footy this week in preparation for the granny, thought he'd b on here talking it up must b nervous the boy.

Anyway good luck big fella hope ya have a blinder and bring home the cup. Then maybe u can come play metro footy.

Bourne said:
good to hear B23

Realistic depending on the weather. Lasy time Yarra won the flag, a the crowd was over 20K at Lavington. Depends on the split of reserve sides & 3rds (if they involve different clubs)

I assume the granny is being played at Lavington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back