Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just trying to inject some life into this forum.

Which club has the best (not necessarily newest) away rooms?

I’ve always appreciated North Wangs rooms. Decent size, a few trainers tables and the showers have always been good

When does the hub/league step in and look at the sustainability of clubs that can't field football and netball sides?
Financially stable or not,
It's a kick in the guts to other clubs that have great cultures if they have to continually play teams that can't field sides...
Eventually even the strong clubs players will lose interest due to byes...

Will we see a time when the O&K and Tallangatta merge?

You could have a two-division "North East Football Netball League" with the clubs in the top tier having to field both seniors and ressies teams.

The clubs that struggle for numbers and can only field one team regularly can elect to play in the bottom tier.

Even if it was a 15-8, 16-7 or 17-6 split it will benefit clubs in general, with less forfeits making recruitment more attractive for potential players. Clubs could request to go up and down depending on its depth.

You'd rather see clubs field one team than have to fold and have the game lost to that area.

Will we see a time when the O&K and Tallangatta merge?

You could have a two-division "North East Football Netball League" with the clubs in the top tier having to field both seniors and ressies teams.

The clubs that struggle for numbers and can only field one team regularly can elect to play in the bottom tier.

Even if it was a 15-8, 16-7 or 17-6 split it will benefit clubs in general, with less forfeits making recruitment more attractive for potential players. Clubs could request to go up and down depending on its depth.

You'd rather see clubs field one team than have to fold and have the game lost to that area.
Which O&K clubs could field 14s and 17s football?

When does the hub/league step in and look at the sustainability of clubs that can't field football and netball sides?
Financially stable or not,
It's a kick in the guts to other clubs that have great cultures if they have to continually play teams that can't field sides...
Eventually even the strong clubs players will lose interest due to byes...
Have a look outside our league… Every league in country Vic has clubs that are struggling for a number of reasons. The hub have nothing to do with it. In our time in the league there have been several clubs that have experienced a similar fate to what we’re going thru atm. But as I said before a lot can turn around in one pre season.

Which O&K clubs could field 14s and 17s football?
Not one single club. Half can barely field reserves. I called for amalgamation a decade ago. The Greta/Glenrowan Tigers. Tarra/NW Dogs combine, and so on. Scrap the Wangaratta juniors, if you don’t make the big time you filter out to an O&K club. Halve the amount of sides and get juniors.

Not one single club. Half can barely field reserves. I called for amalgamation a decade ago. The Greta/Glenrowan Tigers. Tarra/NW Dogs combine, and so on. Scrap the Wangaratta juniors, if you don’t make the big time you filter out to an O&K club. Halve the amount of sides and get juniors.
Similar to the 3rds comp that was running a few years back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trying to inject some life into this forum.

Which club has the best (not necessarily newest) away rooms?

I’ve always appreciated North Wangs rooms. Decent size, a few trainers tables and the showers have always been good
Not that there are any standouts for away rooms but I’ll have a crack.

1. North Wang
2. Moyhu, Milawa, Bright, Whorouly, Tarra
7. King Valley
8. Greta
9. Goorambat
10. Benalla
11. Bonnie doon

47. Big pile of crap
48. Glenrowan

1. North Wang
7. King Valley
8. Greta
9. Goorambat
10. Benalla
11. Bonnie doon

47. Big pile of crap
48. Glenrowan

I think 48 is a bit high in the rankings unless someone has lit the water heater. I’d certainly rank the old Bright and Whorouly rooms ahead of it.

1. North Wang
7. King Valley
8. Greta
9. Goorambat
10. Benalla
11. Bonnie doon

47. Big pile of crap
48. Glenrowan
Number 10 won’t be occupied next season, they’re all but done. I’ll be glad to see the back of them to be honest.

I understand you blokes have bad memories up Daniel Lane, every side in the comp was on the wrong side of an absolute thrashing. Suss slotting 14 is still stinging the Hawks.
How is suss going Larry? Hopefully you've checked in with him lately, wasn't looking to flash when last sighted, unfortunately the side effects of the culture have kicked in

On CPH2021 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is the kid from Bright not playing today, that’s 5 goals they have to find from someone else if he’s not

Been suspended. Got two weeks in the end but was looking at 4. Big loss for the mountain men

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Went and watched Moyhu v Bright yesterday.
As much as Bright led by a good margin at 3/4 time, the score didn’t reflect how much closer it was.
Then Moyhu kept Bright scoreless in the last while kicking 4 goals themselves so that’s good for Moyhu, but a bit concerning for Bright.
Moyhu showed them up for good passages and parts of quarters and if they had a big target up forward it could’ve been even closer.
Bright may have a few players out but if they can’t put sides away at where Moyhu is, it’s a little bit worrying for them against Bonnie Doon & Bright

At this stage there still playing and have good people looking after them not like the bush tiggers who should have been made to fold 20 years ago
They'd want to have a fool proof plan in place, as the side they are rolling out is very unlikely to draw quality new players...
May be forced to shut shop, they are worse then the aforementioned bush tiggers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back