Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Hedin a worthy winner last night, excellent player and fair too so a deserved winner.

James McClounan could count himself a little unlucky not to go back to back.
Don’t poll a vote in the last two rounds despite having 40+ and 3 snags against Milawa then 40+ and 5 goals against the Lions. Finished 3rd on the night 2 votes back from the winner.

Umpires continue to surprise with their votes and the way they see the game. Greta had the best 6 players on the ground yet a Whorouly player managed to get a vote from the league but not in the best for his club?

Our man Jack Kelly recognised for his work throughout the season with a runner up by 1 vote.
If that’s you theory, how many medals should Ben Clarke have won or Daine Porter, or Jamie Dunn, or Al Jacka, take your pick. The medal unfortunately doesn’t carry as much weight as it should. The player of the year or the old chronicle award carry’s more merit than the medal does in recent years

If that’s you theory, how many medals should Ben Clarke have won or Daine Porter, or Jamie Dunn, or Al Jacka, take your pick. The medal unfortunately doesn’t carry as much weight as it should. The player of the year or the old chronicle award carry’s more merit than the medal does in recent years
No disagreement from me, Jacka, Karl Norman, Clarke etc probably stiff not to have one.

Matt Hedin a worthy winner last night, excellent player and fair too so a deserved winner.

James McClounan could count himself a little unlucky not to go back to back.
Don’t poll a vote in the last two rounds despite having 40+ and 3 snags against Milawa then 40+ and 5 goals against the Lions. Finished 3rd on the night 2 votes back from the winner.

Umpires continue to surprise with their votes and the way they see the game. Greta had the best 6 players on the ground yet a Whorouly player managed to get a vote from the league but not in the best for his club?

Our man Jack Kelly recognised for his work throughout the season with a runner up by 1 vote.

In complete agreement here Blue Bagger. Macca is the most dangerous player in the competition forward of centre and was great to see him recognised in the MVP.

Been banging on about my man Kelly all year and he delivered for me in spades.

Looking forward to watching some big game players stand up in September for our blues. Some genuine a graders will be getting around for all teams, but do not underestimate the baggers here!

Should be a brilliant contest throughout. This is what footy is about!

How bloody good is the O&K ladies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In complete agreement here Blue Bagger. Macca is the most dangerous player in the competition forward of centre and was great to see him recognised in the MVP.

Been banging on about my man Kelly all year and he delivered for me in spades.

Looking forward to watching some big game players stand up in September for our blues. Some genuine a graders will be getting around for all teams, but do not underestimate the baggers here!

Should be a brilliant contest throughout. This is what footy is about!

How bloody good is the O&K ladies!!!

What is the voting system for the mvp?

Sam Cox a diamond in the rough this year...
O&K TOTY great effort for a young kid with 18 games 18 best players according to playhq
Will he need to relocate or are Benalla All Blacks looking to return to 2022 form?
Not looking to relocate, he re signed along with the rest of the group which is s huge plus for new coach Chelton Orchard. He will eventually play at a higher level but atm is club focused.

Not looking to relocate, he re signed along with the rest of the group which is s huge plus for new coach Chelton Orchard. He will eventually play at a higher level but atm is club focused.
Great young talent, if benalla can keep his head from ballooning he will be a star.
Benalla need to surround him with talent asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve said it all year and I’ll say it again. Greta are the real deal. Get on the blue train. Des Kelly, Kennett and McClounan clinic and 17 intercept marks from Dent. Exciting times out at the GFNC.

Could Doon be about to go from 34 straight wins to a straight sets exit? Or will they bounce back?

You don’t go from winning 34 games straight and finishing top of the ladder to finished after just 1 loss.

If anyone thinking’s that Bonnie Doon or for that matter Bright think that Greta have won the cup already after a qualifying final win then they are absolute kidding themselves.

I know for a fact that Greta, players and coach are acutely aware of how finals are won and lost in the big moments, they experienced that last final series where they just weren’t quite good enough in those big moments. It’s been spoken about and was reinforced pre and post match on Saturday.

Fortunately on the weekend the blues were good enough and won more of those moments than BD. But they are under no illusion that whoever wins this weekend will bring a fierce hard ferocious matchup come September 14 at WJ Findlay.

I think we are in for a cracker GF if the weather gods do their thing and bring some sunshine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back