Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How hard is it to do some live scores?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Rediculous wasn’t it.
Thankfully Oak fm was on the airways. The fact that they were asking $15 to stream the game is another absolute blunder.

Credit to Greta, I’m admirable of their build over the years. Got the right recruits and they all stuck together and a few guns fell into place in the rest is history.

Rediculous wasn’t it.
Thankfully Oak fm was on the airways. The fact that they were asking $15 to stream the game is another absolute blunder.

Credit to Greta, I’m admirable of their build over the years. Got the right recruits and they all stuck together and a few guns fell into place in the rest is history.
All re- signed for 2025 too so hopefully stay at the pointy end for a while yet.

There were some pretty amazing scenes yesterday at the ground and later at the club. A few hundred sore heads out hansonville way this morning I’d think.

All re- signed for 2025 too so hopefully stay at the pointy end for a while yet.

There were some pretty amazing scenes yesterday at the ground and later at the club. A few hundred sore heads out hansonville way this morning I’d think.
Greta have always been a proud club, been some tough times out there so enjoy it while it lasts. , hopefully they can continue in the right mold and not become like a couple of other recent premiers.1 non existent and 2 of them holding up the ladder. Football can sure turn fast.

Greta have always been a proud club, been some tough times out there so enjoy it while it lasts. , hopefully they can continue in the right mold and not become like a couple of other recent premiers.1 non existent and 2 of them holding up the ladder. Football can sure turn fast.
money talks

yeah and a bit of raspberry also. how do clubs like greta get players.....money talks mate.
If I had to guess how clubs like Greta get players id reckon it probably had something to do with having a long term coach in Greg Newbold and an invested playing group over an extended period. Some of those guys in that flag had been there for some time, and as it just so happens when clubs build over a long period and are on the up, people just wanna play there. Ad in say players looking for more opportunities, a footballer following his partner to where she wants to play (yes that happens these days), and maybe a gun player from out of towns parents happen to buy land near the ground and he has some reasonable contacts. It’s takes a hell of a lot of luck and things to go your way not to mention the obvious hard work to win a flag and in my opinion I think credit is due to Greta for being able to make it all happen. Money talks to the 2-4 gun players that are the difference between making finals at all or winning a grandfinal.

Are you Jealous old mate?

If I had to guess how clubs like Greta get players id reckon it probably had something to do with having a long term coach in Greg Newbold and an invested playing group over an extended period. Some of those guys in that flag had been there for some time, and as it just so happens when clubs build over a long period and are on the up, people just wanna play there. Ad in say players looking for more opportunities, a footballer following his partner to where she wants to play (yes that happens these days), and maybe a gun player from out of towns parents happen to buy land near the ground and he has some reasonable contacts. It’s takes a hell of a lot of luck and things to go your way not to mention the obvious hard work to win a flag and in my opinion I think credit is due to Greta for being able to make it all happen. Money talks to the 2-4 gun players that are the difference between making finals at all or winning a grandfinal.

Bit of an overreaction here fella. There aren’t many teams that haven’t blown the budget on the last 15 years that won the flag. Only way to do it these days, spend big and hope they stick around. Cap is easily worked around so money can be spent flawlessly to get results. Benalla proved that, and no doubt bonnie doon and Greta since.

Most accurate post re how Greta have built this side.
Started in 2017 in Newbold’s first year. An influx of 6-7 players who are all still playing now. Added 2-3 players each year since while maintaining that core group. Saturday team included 9 players who were at the club for the last 8+ years.

Most accurate post re how Greta have built this side.
Started in 2017 in Newbold’s first year. An influx of 6-7 players who are all still playing now. Added 2-3 players each year since while maintaining that core group. Saturday team included 9 players who were at the club for the last 8+ years.

Handy when you get Jack Kelly dropping from the sky. Attends university in Wodonga and made his was to the club through McClounan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said some good fortune wasn’t involved!
A sprinkle of luck is always involved in this game, some days the ball just bounces your way and other days you can’t buy a kick. I would’ve loved to see Glenrowan and Greta join forces, you blokes would’ve got the job done a lot earlier and locked down sustained success. Hearing Benalla about to raise the white flag.

Bit of an overreaction here fella. There aren’t many teams that haven’t blown the budget on the last 15 years that won the flag. Only way to do it these days, spend big and hope they stick around. Cap is easily worked around so money can be spent flawlessly to get results. Benalla proved that, and no doubt bonnie doon and Greta since.
Please supply factual info on how Benalla worked around the salary cap and Doon and greta as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back