Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Benalla as a town have people flocking from KDFNL to join, but the all blacks can’t seem to procure any players. Not doing anything for enticement, not like their same town counterparts.

I reckon the All Blacks would be better off in the KDL, they'd then be able to field their own junior teams again with their Senior club. At present many Benalla juniors are choosing to head to Violet Town for that opportunity.

Absolute rot, their journeys couldn’t be anymore different. Let’s not forget, Glenrowan was resuscitated by locals with their own blood and sweat. I’d liken Benalla to NW, bought one and went broke.

But yet, you can still see their name on a fixture every season ...

Absolute rot, their journeys couldn’t be anymore different. Let’s not forget, Glenrowan was resuscitated by locals with their own blood and sweat. I’d liken Benalla to NW, bought one and went broke.
Look forward to seeing how far the blood and sweat get the Kelly Tigers next season BigLarry, I heard they're still going after Dylan Corcoran.

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="BigLarry[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

Resuscitated by their own blood and sweat? And not the extremely large McPhail’s purse?
What a sheltered statement.

I reckon the All Blacks would be better off in the KDL, they'd then be able to field their own junior teams again with their Senior club. At present many Benalla juniors are choosing to head to Violet Town for that opportunity.

Absolutely. Very hard to be a 2-team town when so many juniors don’t end up playing senior footy in that town.

However, can the O&K afford to lose a club like the all-blacks when BD and Bright are both also reportedly interested in changing leagues the next few years?
The O&K would be down to 8 clubs including a struggling Tarra. Just reinforces the urgency to get junior teams affiliated to o&k clubs before the historic league begins to die out.

Last edited:
Think a lot of teams will be happy with the hype around Whorouly. Perhaps Greta 2023... What happened next?

I think they are well aware of where they are coming from and what it will take to get a chance of winning a flag. It’s not just signing a heap of blokes and you win a flag. You need to build and grow a culture to support that on and off the field. Greta look to have that going really well from the outside looking in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Newbold coaching. Seems like a massive reach to me.
Daughter co coaching in her first senior netball coaching appointment. Greg co coach as more of a player manager/coordinator type of role to support his Daughter.
Very experienced netball side I doubt Greg will be teaching them how to tidy up their lobs and chest passes.

Southern to Whorouly a decent get, few years since he played their last. But handy enough pick up.

Haven’t heard any other signings apart from Smith. I had heard Bords but he inked a new deal at Wang.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back