Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Rushed behinds haven't heard that one but know one thing their coach tells the paper he isn't playing then lines up does he really think the other sides give a sh-t, he hasn't set the league on firer neither has there other star recruit

So Jason doesn't think Wodonga's change rooms are upto scratch well guest what Norths aren't much to rave about either. Hume an Tallangatta league clubs have better change-rooms than most O.M. Clubs[just have alook at Beechworth F.C.].One way to fix the problem Jason is to delete one over paid recruit and use that money on your rooms.And about not going in and having a drink after the game come up with a better excuse than the one in the paper but this is happening in every league not just O.M.L.
Lets see what you can whinge about next week.

So Jason doesn't think Wodonga's change rooms are upto scratch well guest what Norths aren't much to rave about either. Hume an Tallangatta league clubs have better change-rooms than most O.M. Clubs[just have alook at Beechworth F.C.].One way to fix the problem Jason is to delete one over paid recruit and use that money on your rooms.And about not going in and having a drink after the game come up with a better excuse than the one in the paper but this is happening in every league not just O.M.L.
Lets see what you can whinge about next week.
You try having a shower when its freezing cold and you've been playing in rain and mud all day and the showers cold, I don't blame any of the players for going straight home to a warm shower. North's rooms might not be much better but at least they have hot showers. Benny hollands is aloud to windge but aker isn't aloud to have a say back.....??? there not the first ovens and murray club to buy a player so how about you worry about your own club and stop judging other clubs or who they choose to employ.

So will raiders coach Stevenson start having a crack at Doolan now the same as Davies???
I wouldn't think so. Davies was only at the club for one season and went to a rival club. Doolan has been there for over 10 years and believes his time at O&M level has come to an end

So will raiders coach Stevenson start having a crack at Doolan now the same as Davies???
Well it's funny how Stevenson came out and said hands off. I don't blame Doolan for going he has put his heart and sole into the Raiders. With all the fly ins each collecting the cash and leaving it's about time he did something for himself. He will carve them up when fully fit.

Well it's funny how Stevenson came out and said hands off. I don't blame Doolan for going he has put his heart and sole into the Raiders. With all the fly ins each collecting the cash and leaving it's about time he did something for himself. He will carve them up when fully fit.
No doubt he will carve them up. He could still be one of the better players in the O&M if he wanted

The Raiders have won their past 2 games without Doolan and while they would surely want him to stay they would be happy for him to chase some team success over the next 2 or 3 seasons at Chiltern. It gives Raiders an opportunity to keep developing kids while to be honest there is no point them trying to catch Yarra and Albury at the moment. If Raiders can beat Corowa in the run home, in a game Corowa would also be keen to win, then you would have to say 3 second round wins was a great result and a good stepping stone to improve on next season.

Gee whiz didn't the raiders come back to earth with a thud, 189 points is ovens and king league stuff.. Great to see Lavy knock of yarra at panther park, was anyone there? What did fev do to get reported after game? And is there any truth that pavese will step down and be replaced by a big name as coach for next year?

You try having a shower when its freezing cold and you've been playing in rain and mud all day and the showers cold, I don't blame any of the players for going straight home to a warm shower. North's rooms might not be much better but at least they have hot showers. Benny hollands is aloud to windge but aker isn't aloud to have a say back.....??? there not the first ovens and murray club to buy a player so how about you worry about your own club and stop judging other clubs or who they choose to employ.
Frank been there done that and do you know what the hot water ran out at north afew times when i played there.Question for you did Aker play that day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank been there done that and do you know what the hot water ran out at north afew times when i played there.Question for you did Aker play that day?
I don't know what era you played in little Joe but I can tell you one thing as I spend half my time there, the hot showers in the away rooms work at Bunton park. The hot water didn't run out at Wodonga, there simply wasn't any. As coach its Akers job to make sure the welfare of he's players is looked after, having to jump into cold showers on a day like that isn't healthy so I don't blame the players for going straight home to a hot shower. It had nothing to do with aker playing or not playing

I don't know what era you played in little Joe but I can tell you one thing as I spend half my time there, the hot showers in the away rooms work at Bunton park. The hot water didn't run out at Wodonga, there simply wasn't any. As coach its Akers job to make sure the welfare of he's players is looked after, having to jump into cold showers on a day like that isn't healthy so I don't blame the players for going straight home to a hot shower. It had nothing to do with aker playing or not playing

I don't blame the north players for not going in if there was no hot water, but perhaps mention that to bence or Hollands so they understand, or so they can fix the hot water situation. the showers were hot and the beers were cold after the round 8 game against Lavington, but only 2 north players made it into the club after that game. It was a wet day too.
Let's just hope the media exposure has made every club aware of the expectation to make some appearance in the home rooms after the game. Now let's move on.

Can't quite get my head around the yellow card issue. Kennedy said in the BMM "at this level I don't believe in yellow cards... Pay 100m, 150m whatever, but don't send players off"

If the yellow and red card system was abolished, we'd be left with a level of footy that is littered with king hits and rolling brawls, especially in grand finals. Part of the reason the system was put in place was in response to 1990 grand final. The players knew there was nothing the umpires could do other than pay a free kick etc and were happy to cop their suspension post match in hope of winning the flag. If we went back to this system, star players would be the first players targeted in grand finals.

Now I agree there are some parts of the yellow card rule that need reviewing. First of all is the automatic yellow and report for a trip as was seen on the weekend. Personally I think a free and 50m would've been sufficient for the ankle tap on the weekend.

The reasons I feel a yellow or red card should be used. if a player or players have done something which could make the game erupt. If a yellow card is given, it allows the players to cool their heads and for the game to continue. Where applicable, umpires should to keep sides even to limit the impact of the cards. For example an all in brawl, send 1 from each team, or even 2. If 2 blokes are having a dust up, either card them both or neither unless the umpire has watched the whole thing and has clearly seen only 1 player has thrown punches (like jones on the weekend)

But there is no way we should be getting rid of a system that penalizes a player or players who step outside the rules. Without the cards it would be only a matter of time before it all turned to sh!t.

Can't quite get my head around the yellow card issue. Kennedy said in the BMM "at this level I don't believe in yellow cards... Pay 100m, 150m whatever, but don't send players off"

If the yellow and red card system was abolished, we'd be left with a level of footy that is littered with king hits and rolling brawls, especially in grand finals. Part of the reason the system was put in place was in response to 1990 grand final. The players knew there was nothing the umpires could do other than pay a free kick etc and were happy to cop their suspension post match in hope of winning the flag. If we went back to this system, star players would be the first players targeted in grand finals.

Now I agree there are some parts of the yellow card rule that need reviewing. First of all is the automatic yellow and report for a trip as was seen on the weekend. Personally I think a free and 50m would've been sufficient for the ankle tap on the weekend.

The reasons I feel a yellow or red card should be used. if a player or players have done something which could make the game erupt. If a yellow card is given, it allows the players to cool their heads and for the game to continue. Where applicable, umpires should to keep sides even to limit the impact of the cards. For example an all in brawl, send 1 from each team, or even 2. If 2 blokes are having a dust up, either card them both or neither unless the umpire has watched the whole thing and has clearly seen only 1 player has thrown punches (like jones on the weekend)

But there is no way we should be getting rid of a system that penalizes a player or players who step outside the rules. Without the cards it would be only a matter of time before it all turned to sh!t.

this is a sensible statement

Very very well said

Very very well said
The card system has been pretty well received and implemented, some incidents should be carded and reported others just carded. The problem is the interpretation applied by the umpire and they can only call it as they see it. A bigger issue is the one week set penalty. A player can be seriously hurt and the offender take a set penalty at the discretion of the umpire and the offended player's club if they are not confident in their ability to prosecute it at the tribunal. The MPNFL trialled a graduated system of set penalties where a week for striking doesn't exist. You're welcome to test it with the tribunal but you can't get less than what is the graduated penalty on the report sheet.

http://www.vcfl.com.au/fileadmin/us...ts/MPFNL_Notice_of_Report_2010_-_final_01.pdf

Kossie and Schneider to albury next year! Strong rumour, that the tigers will beat Lavy to kossie
All this speculation about Kossie and Schneider........It will become a bidding war and the winning club that snares their services will be paying big bucks . Problem I see, is that both of these guys are battle weary and can hardly get on the park because off their chronic injury issues.( certainly much much more battle weary then the Fevs and Ottens of the world) Yes, at O&M level, the demands don't compare to AFL, but still even the demands of O&M footy will test these guys to get on the park regularly for they still have this chronic injury issue... this is not to say they wont perform well on the park and be a great drawcard to the comp, but how often will they get on the park is the question...

All this speculation about Kossie and Schneider........It will become a bidding war and the winning club that snares their services will be paying big bucks . Problem I see, is that both of these guys are battle weary and can hardly get on the park because off their chronic injury issues.( certainly much much more battle weary then the Fevs and Ottens of the world) Yes, at O&M level, the demands don't compare to AFL, but still even the demands of O&M footy will test these guys to get on the park regularly for they still have this chronic injury issue... this is not to say they wont perform well on the park and be a great drawcard to the comp, but how often will they get on the park is the question...
Ive been hearing the kosie to albury one for a couple of months now...be interesting to see when it all comes out........The wheels have fallen off at bunton park?? Getting blokes signed and right for next year should be there priority right now. Theyl limp into a elim final against rovers and wont win that on form...Need to get busy on the recruiting front to streghthen there list and weaknesses.

Kossie and Schneider to albury next year! Strong rumour, that the tigers will beat Lavy to kossie

I have heard the Kossie rumour that he will end up at Tigerland. Something about Mr Joss and a block of land, time will tell I suppose. As for Schneider, not sure if he will end up in the O&M or not, but it would be great to see both these boys running around in the O&M. One thing though, I reckon both these boys will end up at their local clubs to finish off their playing days. Schneider has always said he wants to coach Osborne, which I think he will, and I reckon Kossie in a shoe in to have a kick with his beloved BB Saints. If so, its going to be great for the Hume League.
On a different topic, has anyone heard that big Matty Fowler wasn't even injured on the weekend? My mail is that he was dropped but refused to play seconds. Anyone else heard this one? If this is true, it might be time for the big fella to bow out gracefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back