Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the game, Eagle BOG. Seriously, since when does 100+ forward handball?! Rochester beaten across half back and the back line. Plenty of the ball in the first quarter but skill errors and perceived pressure caused turnovers that gave United huge advantage on the turnover. I stand corrected.

Morris medal night is not far away, here's my guesses.

1. Xavier Leslie - yarra
2. Chris Hyde - Albury
3. kayne pettifer - yarra

Smoky - Tyler bonat - yarra

Reserves
1. Sam cross - Albury
2. Tom Ross - Lavington
3. Will blomeley - Albury

Smoky - Ross mulquiney - yarra

Thirds
1. Will mcgrath - Albury
2. Alex blissett - Albury
3. Chris Annett - Lavington

Smoky - Alex marklew - Rovers. I'm thinking he'll get lots early and it may be enough.

Albury could have the chance to have 3 medal winners running around in grand finals if their seniors make it as most expect they will. Considering each albury team has won 17 games each they'd have to be a fair chance of getting plenty of votes.

1. C Hyde - Albury
2. K Pettifer - Yarra
3. X Leslie - Yarra
Smokey - Ben Hollands - Wodonga

Reserves
1. W Gorman - Yarra
2. M Lonergan - Yarra
3. S Cross - Albury
Smokey - D Price - Albury

Thirds
1. A Markelew - Rovers
2. W McGrath - Albury
3. C Annett - Lavington
Smokey - Z Blackshaw - Wang

Be good to see others thoughts :thumbsu:

1. C Hyde - Albury
2. K Pettifer - Yarra
3. X Leslie - Yarra

Reserves
1. W Gorman - Yarra
2. M Lonergan - Yarra
3. S Cross - Albury

Thirds
1. A Markelew - Rovers
2. W McGrath - Albury
3. C Annett - Lavington

Hyde
Pettifer
Leslie

Smokey; Tyson Hartwig -Rovers.

Morris medal;
My top 5;
1) C.HYDE ... ALBURY
2) K.PETTIFER...YARRA
3) B.MURRAY...MYRTLEFORD
4) D.POLO...ALBURY
5) B.HOLLANDS...WODONGA.
Others to poll well,
Leslie ..Yarra
Leslie.. Hoppers
Wells..Albury
Hartwig..Rovers.

Surprises in vote count,
Melrose..Raiders
J.Porter.. Wangaratta
Barnes..Yarra.

1. C Hyde - Albury
2. K Pettifer - Yarra
3. X Leslie - Yarra

Reserves
1. W Gorman - Yarra
2. M Lonergan - Yarra
3. S Cross - Albury

Thirds
1. A Markelew - Rovers
2. W McGrath - Albury
3. C Annett - Lavington

Marklew injured early on in the year and had a late start to the season, cant see him getting enough.

Grossman to poll well in the seniors

Morris medal;
My top 5;
1) C.HYDE ... ALBURY
2) K.PETTIFER...YARRA
3) B.MURRAY...MYRTLEFORD
4) D.POLO...ALBURY
5) B.HOLLANDS...WODONGA.

Couldn't agree more with all these from Stuyd1, especially Hyde and Pettifer have to go close, midfielders who kick goals stand out and these 2 blokes seemed to average about 30 touches and 3 goals a week!! They have had amazing seasons and obviously their teams won plenty of games also. There was a run there of about 4 weeks were Hyde got 30 to 40 touches and kicked 4 goals a week...... amazing!

The big question is which table will be completely pissed at the count Monday night? Lavy or Albury's after their Mad Monday celebations? I will go Albury in a tight one by 11 points.

Well done to the carpenters for speaking out about the abuse that Sam gets. I have heard this from several people that were at that game against north Albury.

I guess the question should be asked is this any different to racism James Wong received?

Firstly Well done Xavier Leslie on he's Morris Medal Win. Fantastic Player.

James Saker & Lavington should hold their heads high, no big superstar recruits just a group of guys who want to play together take it up to Albury & Yarrawonga consistantly.
Would be Shattered with the loss but they have a very bright future.
Also on Lavington what an effort 6 of the 7 teams playing in the big dance this weekend.
Great work Lavington (Coming from a North supporter)

Yarrawonga vs Albury for the 5th consecutive time, two best sides? Yes of coarse they are, But i am getting bored of seeing them playing the last game of the year.

Okay now the fun stuff -
Which players are leaving clubs?
Which clubs have recruited players?
I hear Corowa have got a couple?
Big improvers next year?
Will Albury & Yarra be power houses next year?
Who will Corey Lambert Take with him to Murray Magpies?
Biggest issue in the O&M?
Will they do anything about the umpiring?
I have heard a Yarrawonga player to coach somewhere next year?
Are Aker & Gram sticking around?

Im looking forward to hearing some news

Firstly Well done Xavier Leslie on he's Morris Medal Win. Fantastic Player.

James Saker & Lavington should hold their heads high, no big superstar recruits just a group of guys who want to play together take it up to Albury & Yarrawonga consistantly.
Would be Shattered with the loss but they have a very bright future.
Also on Lavington what an effort 6 of the 7 teams playing in the big dance this weekend.
Great work Lavington (Coming from a North supporter)

Yarrawonga vs Albury for the 5th consecutive time, two best sides? Yes of coarse they are, But i am getting bored of seeing them playing the last game of the year.

Okay now the fun stuff -
Which players are leaving clubs?
Which clubs have recruited players?
I hear Corowa have got a couple?
Big improvers next year?
Will Albury & Yarra be power houses next year?
Who will Corey Lambert Take with him to Murray Magpies?
Biggest issue in the O&M?
Will they do anything about the umpiring?
I have heard a Yarrawonga player to coach somewhere next year?
Are Aker & Gram sticking around?

I'm looking forward to hearing some news

Season is not exactly finished yet. However, I'll have a crack at some of your questions.
1. Dunno
2. Raiders and Corowa are only one's to announce any at this point.
3. That's a statement.
4. Myrtleford and Wodonga are my improvers for 2014
5. Yes
6. Dunno
7. Rep footy and tribunal consistency
8. Probably not
9. That's a statement and a very broad one at that... A Yarrawonga player to coach somewhere!!! Fair chance. Can you be a little more specific? perhaps give a club, or even a league and perhaps a clue about the player. e.g a small player to coach the wagga tigers.
10. Aker and Gram have both re-signed according to the Border Mail. Aker til 2015 I believe.

Morris medal night is not far away, here's my guesses.

1. Xavier Leslie - yarra
2. Chris Hyde - Albury
3. kayne pettifer - yarra

Smoky - Tyler bonat - yarra

Reserves
1. Sam cross - Albury
2. Tom Ross - Lavington
3. Will blomeley - Albury

Smoky - Ross mulquiney - yarra

Thirds
1. Will mcgrath - Albury
2. Alex blissett - Albury
3. Chris Annett - Lavington

Smoky - Alex marklew - Rovers. I'm thinking he'll get lots early and it may be enough.

Albury could have the chance to have 3 medal winners running around in grand finals if their seniors make it as most expect they will. Considering each albury team has won 17 games each they'd have to be a fair chance of getting plenty of votes.

Pretty happy with a couple of my picks for the medal night. Now I'll have a crack at the Grand Finals

3rds - Albury v Lavington
Albury to win by 48 points.
BOG - Alex Blissett

Reserves - Albury v Lavington
Lavington by 17 points.
BOG - Lewis Gardiner

Seniors - Albury v Yarrawonga
Yarrawonga 22 points
Tipping that the game will get out of hand at some point and it'll be remembered as much for the brawls as anything else. Poor kicking has been very costly in this finals series, tipping it'll happen again on the weekend.
BOG - Tim Cooper

Crowd - 10,689 - down on previous years.
There are 5 clubs represented for the day, 3 in the football - Lavi, Yarra and Albury - and 5 in the netball - Lavi, North, Albury, Yarra and Raiders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seniors - Albury v Yarrawonga
Yarrawonga 22 points
Tipping that the game will get out of hand at some point and it'll be remembered as much for the brawls as anything else. Poor kicking has been very costly in this finals series, tipping it'll happen again on the weekend.
BOG - Tim Cooper.

Agree

Big day expected on sunday at The Panther Dome !!! I'm tipping a fiery game early and then Yarra to take it away . Fev might have a spell because of the umpires then bang he will load up. Not having Ottens who cares. In the end money well spent....not.. I have also heard a rumor that if Didak doesn't another AFL club he could be sitting next to Fev in a pocket !!! Also if it's sunny I expect the following at the footy 1: raccoon eyes 2: sunburnt breast 3: O$M making plenty of cash.

Big day expected on sunday at The Panther Dome !!! I'm tipping a fiery game early and then Yarra to take it away . Fev might have a spell because of the umpires then bang he will load up. Not having Ottens who cares. In the end money well spent....not.. I have also heard a rumor that if Didak doesn't another AFL club he could be sitting next to Fev in a pocket !!! Also if it's sunny I expect the following at the footy 1: raccoon eyes 2: sunburnt breast 3: O$M making plenty of cash.

Still think it is ridiculous having a bloke play for u during the year that can't suit up in a gf if that's the way it pans out

North Albury seem to be losing a few early?
Why?
I hope for their sake they have some recruits lined up.
Any other confirmed departures from the O&M?
Luke Bruer to BB saints?
Any Confirmed Recruits?

North Albury seem to be losing a few early?
Why?
I hope for their sake they have some recruits lined up.
Any other confirmed departures from the O&M?
Luke Bruer to BB saints?
Any Confirmed Recruits?
Fringe players except for Brown & Senior, Ryan was retiring. Brown is a poor trainer and Senior busy with work & had trouble getting to training.

Albury & Lavington to each lose a few bottom end/fringe players seeking regular opportunities elsewhere. Those closer to the action at either club wish to confirm or shed light on these ?

Both clubs had considerable depth so it's no great surprise some are being offered opportunities elsewhere :thumbsu:

Albury & Lavington to each lose a few bottom end/fringe players seeking regular opportunities elsewhere. Those closer to the action at either club wish to confirm or shed light on these ?

Both clubs had considerable depth so it's no great surprise some are being offered opportunities elsewhere :thumbsu:
Looks like Albury may lose 5-6 from the twos premiership through retiring and looking for other opportunities. Eg Matt Folwer and Will Blomeley

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back