Over 50's Clique - Nostalgia, Memorabilia, Reflection and Opinion for the Mature Lion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking for 5 years once he gets the hang of it and concentrates harder on just getting hold of it, with his strength he could potentially tear up games.

But he hasn't gotten any better overall. He certainly looks fitter to my eye than he ever has and managed to dominate a quarter against good opposition and it's frustrating to see him revert to what he's mostly been in most of the games.
He's not a midfielder and he will never be a midfielder we need a coach that can think outside the box to unlock his potential what we're doing with him and hipwood are not working. I've got ideas for Rayner but they are way too radical.

Putting this here where I won't get piled on.

I'm done with Rayner. Drop him. Do anything to get him to realise what you need to do to be a mature AFL footballer with over 100 games under your belt.

I'm still dirty on the GF granted .

Putting this here where I won't get piled on.

I'm done with Rayner. Drop him. Do anything to get him to realise what you need to do to be a mature AFL footballer with over 100 games under your belt.

I'm still dirty on the GF granted .
I wouldn’t be against trading him; I’d actually expect him to flourish more so than he’s ever done here but it’s just not working. IDK if that’s because how owe use him, our coaches haven’t unlocked that something or whether a change in environment and him having to start from scratch and earn respect will spark him into being a better footballer but I feel the only way it turns around for him at Brisbane is with a new coach.

I wouldn’t be against trading him; I’d actually expect him to flourish more so than he’s ever done here but it’s just not working. IDK if that’s because how owe use him, our coaches haven’t unlocked that something or whether a change in environment and him having to start from scratch and earn respect will spark him into being a better footballer but I feel the only way it turns around for him at Brisbane is with a new coach.
I'm really open to trading him whilst he has good value.

We won't do it but considering his age , what we get out of him and what we could potentially get in return I'd definitely be doing it.

He just doesn't put in imo. For whatever reason. People might think that's harsh but if you watch him closely he doesn't go hard a lot of the time. He's had more than enough chances. Let's us down time and again with simple skill errors and then doesn't follow up on the mistake.

I'm really open to trading him whilst he has good value.

We won't do it but considering his age , what we get out of him and what we could potentially get in return I'd definitely be doing it.

He just doesn't put in imo. For whatever reason. People might think that's harsh but if you watch him closely he doesn't go hard a lot of the time. He's had more than enough chances. Let's us down time and again with simple skill errors and then doesn't follow up on the mistake.
He’s just too comfortable as a player and to be honest has it to easy and I think is just happy enough being an AFL player that is comfortable knowing he’ll get a game every week irrespective of form. To my untrained eye, he doesn’t play like someone that really wants to be the best version of himself and will do anything he can in like players around the league whose commitment is astonishing. Cams not like that and could probably learn a thing or two from replicating Lachie or even young Will with how meticulous he is with everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back