Overall, which club is more successful?

Which club(s) are more successful?

• Carlton/Essendon - 16 flags.

Votes: 157 84.4%
  • Collingwood - 14 flags... (longest period with most cups about 50 years ago).

Votes: 29 15.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

dave_04 said:
Essendon is 'one' of the most successful clubs, the biggest club in Australia and most supported Australia wide.
Yes, thats why the media always refers to Collingwood as the most famous and the greatest club in Australia.

sedders said:
by media you really just mean eddie.

Eagles have a larger number of members and made more money this year
Been going on for over a 100 years..... long before you minute clubs came along

Thierry Henry said:

Greatness is decided on how many premierships you win. Not the amount of ferals you get on seats

This comming from a Port Adelaide supporter??

'we let you join the league'??? and its been great seeing collingwood kneel down in front of the Lions and get there toothless mouths working...cheers..
most popular team...good!! who cares..your crap now...stop fishing for stats..
your just poor poor fellas trying to gather some sort of pride in your club after being rolled over in the last few years...i admire you...as someone might admire a small dog that does tricks..
keep on achieving collingwood!! you got the whole comp by the balls!!
funny little kids...heres a pat on the head and a kitkat

funghoul said:
'we let you join the league'??? and its been great seeing collingwood kneel down in front of the Lions and get there toothless mouths working...cheers..
most popular team...good!! who cares..your crap now...stop fishing for stats..
your just poor poor fellas trying to gather some sort of pride in your club after being rolled over in the last few years...i admire you...as someone might admire a small dog that does tricks..
keep on achieving collingwood!! you got the whole comp by the balls!!
funny little kids...heres a pat on the head and a kitkat
You have always been nobodies and will be nobodies again as soon as sanctioned cheating is outlawed, we've watched them all come and go and we are still the greatest :D

Pred said:
Or PAFC with 34 premierships.
What about the bloody Dimboola thirds and there 27 South Western Mallee League Division 3 premierships aswell?
Port Adelaide Power have currently never won an AFL/VFL premiership and that is what this thread is about VFL/AFL success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its good your fired up Gunder...you love your club and thats that...as we all love ours...nothing anyone says will change that...you just kinda come off as a bit of a goose..putting down our clubs aint gonna get you anywhere..i;d pay money to see you at the Gabba one night explain your theories to some Lions fans...you'd be straight back down on your kneeling cuishon again for some more Bangkok type munching action..
you gotta get fired up,and get down to your clubs disco after training and let them have it...your bleeding tears of ******** for your guys..and how do they reward you???by frigging losing..its not fair on you or us...i like the collies,there great for the comp as are there fans for this forum...there letting you down pumpkin...dont clutch for old old straws...go for the throat!!

ps..i think im falling for you

funghoul said:
Its good your fired up Gunder...you love your club and thats that...as we all love ours...nothing anyone says will change that...you just kinda come off as a bit of a goose..putting down our clubs aint gonna get you anywhere..i;d pay money to see you at the Gabba one night explain your theories to some Lions fans...you'd be straight back down on your kneeling cuishon again for some more Bangkok type munching action..
you gotta get fired up,and get down to your clubs disco after training and let them have it...your bleeding tears of ******** for your guys..and how do they reward you???by frigging losing..its not fair on you or us...i like the collies,there great for the comp as are there fans for this forum...there letting you down pumpkin...dont clutch for old old straws...go for the throat!!

ps..i think im falling for you
Good to see you fired up too :D

Thrawn said:
You said we won our preimerships due to salary cap cheating, prove it. Those ones you referred to we didn't win the premiership in those years the supposed actions occured. When did he get paid $50,000 a year? Are you just making things up because you have ZERO amount of evidence to support your claims?

And there was no salary cap when we won the majority of our flags. This point in particular is what you're ignoring. We did the crime, we did the time - I can accept that but you must remember that those punishments came from years we didn't win a flag.

You are still yet to give any credible evidence that we "cheated the cap" when we won our premierhips. Ditto for both Essendon and Collingwood.
Ok so let's say that no premierships were won on the back of salary cap breaches and that the AFL proper started when the West Coast entered the league.
I think it's fair to say that Collingwood is nothing but a joke and shouldn't even be considered. Both Essendon and Carlton do have claims as they had some good periods, but success is measured in premierships Both West Coast Eagles and Adelaide won two, Brisbane three and possibly soon to be four.
The point of my original email was to point out that arguing over who is the best club needs to be done over a period with an even playing field otherwise there would be no doubt that Port Magpies was the most successful (and as a Crows supporter I can't even stand the thought!)
Thus the interstate clubs are far and above superior on average to the Victorian clubs and it's about time you guys realised it!

DJ75 said:
Ok so let's say that no premierships were won on the back of salary cap breaches and that the AFL proper started when the West Coast entered the league.
I think it's fair to say that Collingwood is nothing but a joke and shouldn't even be considered. Both Essendon and Carlton do have claims as they had some good periods, but success is measured in premierships Both West Coast Eagles and Adelaide won two, Brisbane three and possibly soon to be four.
The point of my original email was to point out that arguing over who is the best club needs to be done over a period with an even playing field otherwise there would be no doubt that Port Magpies was the most successful (and as a Crows supporter I can't even stand the thought!)
Thus the interstate clubs are far and above superior on average to the Victorian clubs and it's about time you guys realised it!
Well we could say that if we were in fairyland.... anyway.... we won the 1ST AFL premiership :D

Ben_Asgari said:
What about the bloody Dimboola thirds and there 27 South Western Mallee League Division 3 premierships aswell?
Port Adelaide Power have currently never won an AFL/VFL premiership and that is what this thread is about VFL/AFL success.
There is no such thing as VFL/AFL. There was the VFL there is now the AFL. The two are not even close in comparison.

Gunder said:
Get a history minute man
Actually, you should check your facts. Collingwood stole the colours and design for their jumper from the original SA state jumpers. If you want to go back in history, go all the way back.
By the way, where is your Captain from again? What about Burns, where is he from?
People in glass houses!

Originally Posted by Pred
Or PAFC with 34 premierships.

Originally Posted by Captain Boomer

We're talking pro football here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
What was PROfessional about football back in 1936?

Port Adelaide with 34 Premierships!

Thierry Henry said:
Take a look at the EPL and who are the greatest clubs there.
doesn't work. you're comparing apples with oranges. the top soccer leagues in europe crown their champions based on a consistency of solid performances over an entire season, & not on teams fortunes on a particular day. european leagues have a separate knockout comp for the latter sort of nonsense.

despite the non-existence of a salary cap in soccer, the competitions actually retain integrity and credibility by ensuring every team meets each other twice (home & away) and then crowns the champion based on those performances.

in the afl on the other hand, all teams don't meet twice; teams that do meet twice do so in a manipulative manner i.e. adelaide & port must play twice, as do wc & freo, carl/coll/ess etc; and teams such as coll & melb always only meet once because of a pathetically so-called traditional game that must be played on the queens b'day holiday. then after 22 rounds, these matches are more or less disregarded anyway during 4 weeks in sept where you can have a situation where the 3rd, 4th or 5th ranked team that finish 8 - 16 pts behind the league leaders but, still be the most successful team of the year (such as brisbane last year or adelaide in 97-98 of recent times).

and who 'are the ''greatest club in the epl? there's no comparison. since the inception of the 'EPL', Manchester United have been the most succesful club in the land. But, if you want to include the 100-odd years of the pre-EPL English Div 1 championship then you can argue that Liverpool are up the top with their 18 titles. But, despite the fact that Man Utd had only won 7 div 1 championships (behind arsenal, aston villa & everton), they were still considered one of the greatest clubs in england. to this day, liverpool still head the list of most top flight championships but, do many here regard them greater than arsenal or man utd? point being, recent history should not be the only consideration. unfortunately, many here are probably popping zits in the mirror in between posts so they it means they probably have no knowledge of a performances pre-1993, soccer or aussie rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back