Pacquiao marquez

Remove this Banner Ad

i hate to get to go down the conspiracy road too much. but it might not only be the pacquiao/top rank relationship that has too much at stake to lose a fight against marquez at this stage but mannys powerful political and cult status in the phillipines might also be a factor. pacquiaos success seems to almost keep this economically poor country in a positive mood, him losing would shatter the nation and almost lead to civil unrest and then communist rebels would take over and ruin a good working economic relationship with the united states........... ok i know im thinking too hard and really need to get over this.

haha @ communist rebels would take over.

i find it sad that all these videos are now popping up saying marquez is a cheater because there's a few moments of him standing on manny's foot. just goes to show how many pacquiao fans out there are just that - pacquiao fans, not boxing fans. standing on feet is to be expected when it's orthodox v southpaw, just like there's usually more headclashes.

well ive noticed the british boxing media (steve bunce , box nation channel etc ) seem to be more rational thinking about the fight. but some american media such as some espn boxing show who were so one eyed pacman supporters were accusing marquez of a deliberate headbutt. like you said southpaw and orthodox ALWAYS clash heads ffs.

just finished watching the first 2 fights, can't say i saw marquez winning either tbh.

had it 115-113 pacquiao in the first
114-114 a draw in the second, although round 9 i had even which i noted as a little generous to marquez, but it was justified as there was only 1 or 2 punches landed different for the round. if he didn't get knocked down at all in either fight he woulda won both.

hbo are pacquaio fans. lampley, steward, merchant all twist on the top of manny's dick. lederman is a piss poor excuse for a "judge" too. go watch the last round of the 2nd fight, he somehow gave it to pacquiao. even the commentators knew it was marquez's round (as stupid as they are), plus all three judges gave it to marquez. i guess i just hate hbo

Judging a boxing fight is very subjective and every judge has their own preference as to what wins fights. As a counter puncher Marquez gets hit a lot. Whilst he is one of my favourite fighters he doesn't have the slick defense that other fighters have. I don't think Pacquiao was credited enough for the shots he consistantly landed throughout the fight.

i think because manny throws fast punches in bunches it looks exciting even if he hits arms, gloves or thin air for that matter. judges and punters get sucked in when he throws anything and jump out of their seats for it everytime. i know one thing for sure whenever marquez threw his punches mannys head went snapping back, they werent missing.

i like lampley he seems to tell it how it is slightly more than the others, max kellerman is a sensationalising ********, larry merchant is a w***er and im glad floyd finally gave it to him after copping 10+ years of backhanded comments. im not sure if george foreman still commentates for hbo but hes always on the money.

Yeah i thought Marquez's punches were much more cleaner. They must've been counting glancing blows and punches the crowd reacted to.

I know Marquez isn't a defensive wizard but Pacquaio is even less so. There's 3 levels of defence - head, gloves, and feet. Marquez was using his feet beautifully. And while Pacquiao likes moving his head from side to side as he's coming in, he never actually stands within range of his opponent and slips a punch. He just lunges in every time and then backs off and hops up and down again. Marquez took advantage of this all night.

In regards to HBO, every fight they call seems to be the same. Lampley yelling, "BIG LEFT HAND FROM PACQUIAO, BIG RIGHT HAND FROM MARQUEZ".

Then you got Merchant speaking at 1 word a second, "we .... don't know........ how... this fight .... is ........... going to...... pan out............ Will... Pacquiao........ win?... Or....... will Marquez....... be victorious?.......... We ... will .... see"

Lederman, "OK JIM, I got 11 rounds to nothing - MANNY PACQUIAO. Jim I gotta tell ya, Manny Pacquiao is moving beautifully tonight. Throwing lots of punches, and being the aggressor, and that's all I care about!"

Emanuel Steward is the only one with some knowledge, but he just doesn't know how to properly call a fight.

haha ledermans voice is so annoying. is merchant drunk? and manny steward surprisingly makes a lot of wrong calls for a legendary trainer of the sport. so many times he will talk about how a fighter is fighting a really good fight and then WHAM! hes on his arse. i remember when katsidis dropped marquez and steward assured us all it was all over for him. oh how wrong he was.

i think because manny throws fast punches in bunches it looks exciting even if he hits arms, gloves or thin air for that matter. judges and punters get sucked in when he throws anything and jump out of their seats for it everytime. i know one thing for sure whenever marquez threw his punches mannys head went snapping back, they werent missing.

i like lampley he seems to tell it how it is slightly more than the others, max kellerman is a sensationalising ********, larry merchant is a w***er and im glad floyd finally gave it to him after copping 10+ years of backhanded comments. im not sure if george foreman still commentates for hbo but hes always on the money.

marquez won the fight. manny didnt wanna engage for the first 5 or 6 rounds and thats why he should of lost. i love manny, but that was by far his worst effort in his career. pathetic. he needs to go back to just being a boxer. he will never beat mayweather if they fight, he needs to focus.

Isn't becoming more of a boxer what Pacquiao's done over the past few years?? I don't think Pacquiao fought bad, he's just not THAT good. Go watch the last 2 fights with Marquez, they're all very similar in regards to what Pacquiao does. It's been easy for him to look good against his recent opponents. Styles make fights.

If Pacquiao didn't want to engage it was because of Marquez's counter punching. Pacquiao's offensive arsenal consists of the jab-jab-straight (just like most other southpaws), lunging punches, flurrying when in close, and some counter punching if you come at him. Seeing as Marquez wasn't coming at him, Pacquiao was lunging in with the same combos. Marquez took him to school.

Isn't becoming more of a boxer what Pacquiao's done over the past few years?? I don't think Pacquiao fought bad, he's just not THAT good. Go watch the last 2 fights with Marquez, they're all very similar in regards to what Pacquiao does. It's been easy for him to look good against his recent opponents. Styles make fights.

If Pacquiao didn't want to engage it was because of Marquez's counter punching. Pacquiao's offensive arsenal consists of the jab-jab-straight (just like most other southpaws), lunging punches, flurrying when in close, and some counter punching if you come at him. Seeing as Marquez wasn't coming at him, Pacquiao was lunging in with the same combos. Marquez took him to school.

manny needs to stop being a politician and movie star and just train for what he is best at. That's what i meant. I saw a guy who didn't engage until the later rounds ( which he won quite easily in my eyes ) and it seemed as though he was scared to get hit earlier. His heart is not 100% behind the game now IMO.

Bad corner advice and planning almost cost him. That and inventing him into the textbook boxer hasn't helped either. Not taking anything away from Marquez, he was brilliant and deserved to win the fight.

Also. You described Manny's style, but you never simplified Marquez' style.

Pacquiao had the ' loss ' he needed to wake him up again. His stocks have plummeted for no good reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pacquiao marquez

Remove this Banner Ad

Back