Painful

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dogs' won today and at least their supporters are civilized with their behavior.
Collingwood could have won today and they acknowledge that.
It hurts to lose, but I don't mind losing to a team that is good.
Much easier going home after a loss without getting taunted by buffoons :eek:
There was an idiot wearing a Carlton jumper today a couple of rows behind me. He was giving it to the Colllingwood supporters. The guy behing me was going to go and smash him one. I had to calm him down.
Maybe I should have let him whack him one:thumbsu:
I don't think I have to say any further.
His side loses the same day, yet he thinks he has bragging rights for Bulldogs winning. :confused::confused::confused:
Good Luck to Dogs.
If we don't end up being a contender, I would love it if the Dogs won the Grand Final.

The Dogs' won today and at least their supporters are civilized with their behavior.
Collingwood could have won today and they acknowledge that.
It hurts to lose, but I don't mind losing to a team that is good.
Much easier going home after a loss without getting taunted by buffoons :eek:
There was an idiot wearing a Carlton jumper today a couple of rows behind me. He was giving it to the Colllingwood supporters. The guy behing me was going to go and smash him one. I had to calm him down.
Maybe I should have let him whack him one:thumbsu:
I don't think I have to say any further.
His side loses the same day, yet he thinks he has bragging rights for Bulldogs winning. :confused::confused::confused:
Good Luck to Dogs.
If we don't end up being a contender, I would love it if the Dogs won the Grand Final.
Do you think that Carlscum supporter couldn't find the right ground or was he just the typical Scum supporter that left his game super early cause they weren't winning? Either way it is typical of them and that's why we hate them. What a shame that all those years ago it was Collingwood that persuaded the rest of the VFL to let them in. Oh the shame of it.

Totally agree with Mingo.

I haven't seen the Dogs hit targets so poorly this year as they did in the first half. And that wasn't an accident. It was the result of excellent pressure from the Pies. Really good stuff.

It was obvious about 5 minutes into the last quarter that the injuries were taking their toll and the Pies were running out of legs and it was only then that the Dogs started getting on top. Don't get me wrong, i was very pleased to see it happening. But i did feel for your boys, who put in a supreme effort today, and would probably have kept it going with a full bench.

I reckon you guys should be proud. The side we played today will make it at least to the 2nd week of the finals and possibly the 4th. And i consider the Dogs fortunate to have gotten over them.

Its becoming increasingly hard for me to enjoy my footy. When we lose i get so unbelievably angry, basically wanting to break things. These losses are really cutting me deep, i feel i may be too passionate.

I end up being depressed for the rest of the day and tonight will be no different. Could struggle to live to 30 the way im travelling.

I am proud of the effort of the guys tonight but in the end its another loss. its gonna be an uphill battle to play in september let alone challenge.

I need some reassuring words on life, has anybody out there got some words of wisdom??

I thought that goldsack was great tonight as well as woody and bryan. I hope that was tooveys last game and i reckon sharrod might need a spell.
Thoughts

Wait until you have been "biting your nails" for 45 years...lol
The most reassuring thing I can tell you is "there's always next week" and "nobody will actually die, even though it may feel like it".

Sounds like you have got it bad but it's all part of the fun.

Last nights loss was a hell of a lot easier to take given he circumstances than the loss to the filth. The boys, the ones who are'nt injured, will be better for the run knowing that a full, fit team have what it takes to beat the Doggies.
The week off will be just as good for us supporters as the side.
A good rest and then lets get the Swanettes.

oh well! month of June usually ends Collingwobbles chances for the year! must be Mick Malthouse's time up at Colling wood! 1 flag in 50 years! wow! how eciting is that? go the Bombers on the rebuild yeah!!!!:thumbsu:

oh well! month of June usually ends Collingwobbles chances for the year! must be Mick Malthouse's time up at Colling wood! 1 flag in 50 years! wow! how eciting is that? go the Bombers on the rebuild yeah!!!!:thumbsu:

Lets see the Bombers beat a top 4 side this year befor you talk.. no chance .. but thanks for beating the Blues was good to watch...

like all previous posters, im also proud of the guys for digging deep when up against it. a 2 man bench with our only 2 regular forwards missing did really hurt us. not to mention davis, fraser and cloke...not making excuses thought the boys really did put in.

like a couple of other posters cant really see the improvement from toovey at all since his last dig in the ones. wellingham might need a spell too. with a week off this week i wouldnt be surprised to see thomas, wellingham, toovey, clarke and maybe even tarkyn to play this week if our seconds do (anybody know??) just to get abit of touch and confidence back.

especially thomas who might appreciate the opportunity to try and dominate a game in the midfield with the two's...?? who knows, but proud of yesterdays game all the same

I dunno, the boys played well but honestly I think we only have ourselves to blame for the loss. We should have been 6 or 7 goals up at half time and basically lost the game because of poor kicking in front of goal. I knew those easy misses would come to haunt us and that the doggies wouldn't continue playing badly for the whole game. Not for the first time this season we have been in a position to finish sides off and haven't followed through.

It was good to see the boys hang on in the last qtr though, rather then get blown away ala Carlton. That was a positive to come out of the game, and also good to see us still competitive whilst Didak and Thomas had very quiet ones. Great to see Wood and Bryan play well, and I hope this means Fraser isn't an automatic selection next round.

Overall, there are positives to take out of this game but I reckon the boys will be upset they didn't take this one away when they had the chance.

Its becoming increasingly hard for me to enjoy my footy. When we lose i get so unbelievably angry, basically wanting to break things. These losses are really cutting me deep, i feel i may be too passionate.

I end up being depressed for the rest of the day and tonight will be no different. Could struggle to live to 30 the way im travelling.

I am proud of the effort of the guys tonight but in the end its another loss. its gonna be an uphill battle to play in september let alone challenge.

I need some reassuring words on life, has anybody out there got some words of wisdom??

I thought that goldsack was great tonight as well as woody and bryan. I hope that was tooveys last game and i reckon sharrod might need a spell.
Thoughts

Ralu, it's not what happens to you in life that counts, it's how you react to it. Trite, but true.

Try to fight that impulse to feel down, because you're not going to enjoy it, and depression serves no useful purpose. I see that you're already instinctively looking for the positives of the situation - promising games from some of our lads - that's the way to do it.

We have to show courage as barrackers. True barracking courage isn't about getting tanked up and facing down some Carlton ferals outside the G after a game; it's about picking up the cross of Pies passion after every loss and getting on with it. We can exorcise our demons of disappointment here on the forum by discussing, reviewing and analysing games. I find the cyber company of my fellow posters a great enouragement and resource. I know I'm going to learn something every time I log on. I try to look forward to that rather than concentrating on the negatives. So stay positive - our season is far from over.:)

We are 7 wins 8 losses in June in the last 5 years. Not the best record, but certainly hasnt ruined our chances for the year

*cough* ANZAC DAY *cough*

During the game heard alot of collingwood supporters around me abusing the umps for some quite bad decisions and justifiably so. I thought reading through the collingwood threads i would find alot of posters blaming the umps, but to your credit couldn't find one.

Very humble in defeat and havent resorted to bagging your players like other clubs. My opionon of your club and supporters may be starting to change. Well done pies fans great reaction after a tough loss.:thumbsu:

Ralu, it's not what happens to you in life that counts, it's how you react to it. Trite, but true.

Try to fight that impulse to feel down, because you're not going to enjoy it, and depression serves no useful purpose. I see that you're already instinctively looking for the positives of the situation - promising games from some of our lads - that's the way to do it.

We have to show courage as barrackers. True barracking courage isn't about getting tanked up and facing down some Carlton ferals outside the G after a game; it's about picking up the cross of Pies passion after every loss and getting on with it. We can exorcise our demons of disappointment here on the forum by discussing, reviewing and analysing games. I find the cyber company of my fellow posters a great enouragement and resource. I know I'm going to learn something every time I log on. I try to look forward to that rather than concentrating on the negatives. So stay positive - our season is far from over.:)

Amen, Snag. Even in the face of real despair, like Rocca's injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't expect Collingwood to win, that way you don't get dissapointed when we lose and you will get very happy when we win. This team is not ready to challenge for a flag, maybe in the next 2 years when the young players mature more then we will have a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Painful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back