Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
Wasn't going to say anything, but seeing as it is being broken on channel 9 tonight, might as well.

Had a PM saying he is still in hospital etc. Bad symptoms etc.

Sounds like he has a post operative infection, but we will wait and see.

:(:(:(

Wasn't going to say anything, but seeing as it is being broken on channel 9 tonight, might as well.

Had a PM saying he is still in hospital etc. Bad symptoms etc.

Sounds like he has a post operative infection, but we will wait and see.

:(:(:(
OK Fess up... who killed a chinaman, broke the mirror, walked under the ladder... get my drift??

Blood clots in the groin.

Pretty ****ing serious. Potentially life threatening as far as I understand.

Whoever made the call not to put a drain in the knee should potentially think about not doing whatever it is job they do, ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blood clots anywhere is life threatening

havent heard about any of this until now :(

FFS i think every freo fan needs to go to church an confess there sins or some shit.
things were looking terrible early on, finally we started seeing positive things in there performances, then we get kicked back down with injuries and other problems.
just cant take a trick at the moment

That the ****!

I just had a arthoscope 5 weeks ago and even I got a god damn drain for 2 days!

This guy did his ACL and they didnt think it would swell afterwards?!?!

Not happy!

No wonder the Vics ask whether you can handle operations in Perth.

Edit: Apologies to the medical professionals of Perth who obviously had it all in hand.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

On 6pee arrghh they wrang freo and was told it was just pain management,that is why he stayed in.
Yeah, because his leg is twice the size it should be. :rolleyes:

Pretty friggin painful that is.

:eek::eek: How so?:(

This is devastating news, hope it's not as bad as originally thought...
If the clot reaches your brain or your lungs it can cause a stroke, give you a heart attack, all manner of things.

He isn't out of the woods yet. The potential for further complications is high. Infection in the leg is quite a big possibility now, as is a failure of the reconstruction.

How do you screw up an operation that is fairly routine these days?
He's obviously bled on the table rather profusely when they've cleaned up the old ligament most likely.

But that doesn't excuse the obviously incompetent post operation management.

There is no way an exceptionally healthy 20 year old should have serious clotting problems after a routine operation. The bleeding from reconstructions is comparatively light from what I've seen.

Could we all just calm down?!?

Any surgery is prone to (minor) complications and, yes, any minor complication could theoretically be life-threatening.

This sounds like a media beat-up.

First the ludicrous reaction to Browne's personal issues, and now this. We all need to take a big sip of 'loosen the f' up'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Palmer - Botched Surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back