Solved Pamela Lawrence - Murder Western Australia - Inquest

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Given the 100 metre radius of Glyde st has seen so many murders and now an accused who potentially spent some time at a french restaurant within that radius this is getting worse.

ABC journalist Sue Short gives evidence to Rochford inquest

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-07-23/simon-rochford-inquest/451208

449366-3x2-940x627.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned
Rochford was found dead in his Albany prison cell on May 19, 2006 - a day after ABC crime reporter Sue Short revealed his name in a news report.

He was a suspect in a cold case review into the 1994 murder of Mrs Lawrence for which Andrew Mallard was wrongfully committed and jailed for 12 years.

Mr Dawson told the inquest the information regarding Rochford's connection to the Lawrence murder was leaked to the media by a former police officer, who was the husband of a forensics officer involved in the review.

That officer was later stood down after a CCC investigation.

Mr Dawson said he was concerned about the security of the information revealing Rochford's identity, which he described as "explosive".

Once police media officers became aware of Short's intention to broadcast Rochford's identity, Mr Dawson sought advice from Director of Public Prosecutions Robert **** on seeking an injunction to stop media reporting Rochford's name.

But he said Mr **** told him there was little chance of an injunction being successful.

"Given Mr ****'s advice, I saw little point in trying to control it further," Mr Dawson said.

1216797386117.jpg

Simon Rochford points to a cuff allegedly used in the murder.

Glyde st was central to heroin dealers, but being named a motiveless crime, what else did Rochford know? Was Rochford a heroin drug user?

The question is, how could this be a motiveless crime? Mallard would share the same yard as Rochford.

Mallards temporary landlord and flat mate would dob Mallard into police as the murderer. They lived above a restaurant. Was it a French restaurant?

Mallard would have extensive knowledge of the Glyde st goings on. Mallard often posed as a police officer, once taking the chalice from the Iona church.

Last edited:

Given the 100 metre radius of Glyde st has seen so many murders and now an accused who potentially spent some time at a french restaurant within that radius this is getting worse.

ABC journalist Sue Short gives evidence to Rochford inquest

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-07-23/simon-rochford-inquest/451208

449366-3x2-940x627.jpg

This link is empty and so are all of the abc links I googled. Don't know if a French Restaurant near where she was murdered would have been the place someone like Rochford or Mallard would have gone, unless you're saying it could have been the centre of planning. I think the French Restaurant had closed around the time of Lawrence's murder.

Rochford was found dead in his Albany prison cell on May 19, 2006 - a day after ABC crime reporter Sue Short revealed his name in a news report.

He was a suspect in a cold case review into the 1994 murder of Mrs Lawrence for which Andrew Mallard was wrongfully committed and jailed for 12 years.

Mr Dawson told the inquest the information regarding Rochford's connection to the Lawrence murder was leaked to the media by a former police officer, who was the husband of a forensics officer involved in the review.

That officer was later stood down after a CCC investigation.

Mr Dawson said he was concerned about the security of the information revealing Rochford's identity, which he described as "explosive".

Once police media officers became aware of Short's intention to broadcast Rochford's identity, Mr Dawson sought advice from Director of Public Prosecutions Robert **** on seeking an injunction to stop media reporting Rochford's name.

But he said Mr **** told him there was little chance of an injunction being successful.

"Given Mr ****'s advice, I saw little point in trying to control it further," Mr Dawson said.

1216797386117.jpg

Simon Rochford points to a cuff allegedly used in the murder.

Glyde st was central to heroin dealers, but being named a motiveless crime, what else did Rochford know? Was Rochford a heroin drug user?

The question is, how could this be a motiveless crime? Mallard would share the same yard as Rochford.

Mallards temporary landlord and flat mate would dob Mallard into police as the murderer. They lived above a restaurant. Was it a French restaurant?

Mallard would have extensive knowledge of the Glyde st goings on. Mallard often posed as a police officer, once taking the chalice from the Iona church.
Is this Mr Dawson, the current Commissioner Dawson?

• Banned
This link is empty and so are all of the abc links I googled. Don't know if a French Restaurant near where she was murdered would have been the place someone like Rochford or Mallard would have gone, unless you're saying it could have been the centre of planning. I think the French Restaurant had closed around the time of Lawrence's murder.

I just realised what you are saying, but there was associated video? There will be 2 reasons why the video might be taken down..

• Banned
Is this Mr Dawson, the current Commissioner Dawson?

Lol, Just joking. But, a Daw is a raven or crow, aka Jack Daw. Daws' in plural would be.. Son of ... lol

Tongue in cheek

daw
dɔː/
noun
noun: daw; plural noun: daws
  1. another term for jackdaw.

There are several different explanations for the origin of this term, mostly based on old folk tales and superstitions :

For instance, there is a folktale that crows will gather and decide the capital fate of another crow.
Many view the appearance of crows as an omen of death because ravens and crows are scavengers and are generally associated with dead bodies, battlefields, and cemeteries, and they’re thought to circle in large numbers above sites where animals or people are expected to soon die.

Last edited:

I doubt Mallard or Rochford would really appreciate a fine Armagnac or sweetbreads, do you?

Escargot perhaps - but Maccas would more their scene.

A restaurant being the centre of evil plans by candlelight?

Now that's an interesting concept BlueE!

What do you think?

Last edited:
I doubt Mallard or Rochford would really appreciate a fine Armagnac or sweetbreads, do you?

What do you think?

I think definitely maccas over macaron!

I don't even know which thread I'm posting in at the moment, I've been pinging everywhere.

When you put it like that, it is an interesting concept which I'm sure world history would support but in this case can't see why it would be.

What do you think?

It certainly is concerning Mallard was wrongfully convicted and Rochford dead. Bugger me, what a feck up. Who was Rochford killing Lawrence for? Was it to pay off his drug debt?

The whole street was fully of heroin and dealers. The flats next door dodgy as all hell

It was said to be a motiveless crime. Then he kills girlfriend Bridget later.

Dont forget Mallard and his flatmate were living above a restaurant. Which restaurant was that?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A dead witness to broader organised crime? A murder that would see an inquest. Was Rochford a drug user?

Obviously the prisoner took possession of a putty knife in prison, sharpening the putty knife with impending knowledge this was to happen?

In a report on Rochford's death, West Australian deputy coroner Evelyn Vicker says the public release of Rochford's name, without warning him, "precipitated his decision at that time''. "I do conclude, however, the deceased ... was determined to succeed in taking his life and wanted no prospect of detection and successful resuscitation'' she said. Ms Vicker found the police could have done more to stop ABC journalist Sue Short's report going to air. "I believe there should have been at least some attempt to communicate directly with Ms Short, and her editor if necessary, about the investigation at that point,'' Ms Vickers said.

Rochford was already serving time for the 1994 murder of his girlfriend Brigitta Dickens when police focused on him for Ms Lawrence's murder. Ms Vicker found while Rochford was under medical observation the week before his death, there was nothing to suggest his care in prison was inappropriate. It was unlikely more regular overnight checks would have prevented Rochford taking his life. An inquest was told Rochford knew he was under investigation for the Lawrence murder, but apart from some anxiety showed no obvious signs of wanting to take his life. He asked that his mother not be told of the Lawrence link because he wanted to tell her himself when she was due to visit just days after he died.

Rochford used a putty knife to inflict severe cuts to his left wrist and knife. He died in his cell between 5.30am and 7.30am on May 19. Ms Vicker said someone within the police should have contacted the prison and Mr Rochford's mother about the news report. ``Following the death of the deceased the deceased's mother was notified of the death over the phone which was not a satisfactory or sensitive form of notification,'' Ms Vicker found.

http://netk.net.au/Mallard/Mallard89.asp

Hey petedavo - anything further on the old SAS guy and his freaky mask wearing friends?

The tall guy looks awfully familiar.

A cross dressing Doctor, no?

Convinced he was intimately involved with a dubious taxi driver mentioned elsewhere at one stage.

There was more than one dress shop Im told only 100 metres apart. One next to someones parents petrol station and mechanic shop. Very sadly he is now dead. He might have come in handy with local knowledge.
Some of the locals who are not getting any younger have some excellent knowledge of the area.

The girl whose flat Mallard lived in and drew wicca art for might have some interesting insights considering she lived upstairs on Glyde and Stirling overlooking the train station and that block of flats.
Apparently she was into wicca too.

The odd thing is why Rochford lived in Scarborough, drove all the way over there to Glyde st, bludgeoning Pam Lawrence to death with a fitness centre dumbell collar.

Apparently it was a motiveless crime that Mallard was collered for. I suppose Mallard didnt help himself knocking off the local Iona chalice. Petty theft of shiny things didn't help.

You would be forgiven for not excepting Rochfords outcome under the circumstances of the wrongful convictions in this area.

Then there is Masons murder. Are we back to square one? That went quiet with the scapegoat whisked out the country.

We just never hear the broader picture even after the crime has been prosecuted.

One things for certain, that vicinity that Mallard lived was full of heroin.
I question anyone who attempts to say otherwise.

Last edited:
Who is the Freo tattooist the druggies all hung around on Glyde st???

Rochford might of bludgeoned Lawrence with a dumbell collar, but one thing id for certain. Rochford had never picked up a set of weights in his life.

Rochford was another non Australian citizen of recent entry, gaunt, jaundice, emaciated of opiate proportions.

But Rochford never made his trial to tell his story. He was dead inside a prison the next day.

It was a collamody, trust had been lost.

Last edited:
The two story restaurant was on the corner of Glyde and Stirling highway.

Rochford committed suicide by chewing through his wrists. One does wonder.

The pathologist had two victims with the same paint at two separate crimes scenes but Mallard did 11 years for the Lawrence crime

Dead men don't talk about who might of instructed him to commit the crime.

Last edited:
The two story restaurant was on the corner of Glyde and Stirling highway.

The pathologist had two victims with the same paint at two separate crimes scenes but Mallard did 11 years for the Lawrence crime

Dead men don't talk about who might of instructed him to commit the crime.
WTF are you getting how he committed suicide?? He was stabbed in the neck.

Mallard and Rochford had the same defence lawyer for a similar crime only weeks apart. However the information about the head injuries Lawrence had and the possible implement weren't released to the defence afaik.

WTF are you getting how he committed suicide?? He was stabbed in the neck.

Mallard and Rochford had the same defence lawyer for a similar crime only weeks apart. However the information about the head injuries Lawrence had and the possible implement weren't released to the defence afaik.

That contradicts all the others lol I spoke to someone this week BlueE. She said he chewed through his wrists while the wardens stould outside. Media reported he used a putty knife.

Lawrence wasnt the only victim of the cuff I believe.

Is that the pathology report on Rochford BlueE?

Police said testing confirmed the paint on the weight collar matched the fragments found in Ms Lawrence's wounds and in Rochford's backpack.

He said blue paint fragments found in Rochford's backpack during the cold case review matched fragments found in Ms Lawrence's injuries.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-11/police-find-missing-simon-rochford-murder-weapon/6769658

Police told the ABC the weight collar involved in the murder of Rochford's girlfriend Brigitta Dickens was found in 2013. A weapon was never found in the investigation into the death of Ms Lawrence in Mosman Park, a murder which led to the wrongful conviction of Andrew Mallard.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-11/police-find-missing-simon-rochford-murder-weapon/6769658

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Solved Pamela Lawrence - Murder Western Australia - Inquest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back