Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people expect Reath would do? Genuinely curious. I don't think Kay should be getting minutes on a night like tonight but the idea that Duop would save us... how?
Stretch the floor, shoot competently and confidently from 3. He played very well at the WC in Landale’s absence, he’s shown he is capable at this level.

I want to see him on the court at the same time as Jock, both can pick and pop, would be a harder defensive assignment for opposition bigs.

Mainly I want to see Goorj be creative.

What do people expect Reath would do? Genuinely curious. I don't think Kay should be getting minutes on a night like tonight but the idea that Duop would save us... how?
Has size and offensive guile and we looked bogged down for extended periods.

Force feeding Jock on the block was predictable in the end. Lay offs or kick outs to Duop had some potential...in theory.

Force feeding Jock on the block was predictable in the end. Lay offs or kick outs to Duop had some potential...in theory.
Issue is Goorj probably never even got the team to practise playing that way with Reath so Goorj wouldnt have the balls to try it in a real game.

Stretch the floor, shoot competently and confidently from 3. He played very well at the WC in Landale’s absence, he’s shown he is capable at this level.

I want to see him on the court at the same time as Jock, both can pick and pop, would be a harder defensive assignment for opposition bigs.

Landale and Reath together against sides with a smaller 4 would be horrible defensively. Maybe even worse than with Kay because you don't have the strength and hustle.

I don't think Kay should be out there against those line ups, but Duop isn't locking down a quick stretch four any better. So he's basically just a spot up shooter who can't defend.

Landale and Reath together against sides with a smaller 4 would be horrible defensively. Maybe even worse than with Kay because you don't have the strength and hustle.

I don't think Kay should be out there against those line ups, but Duop isn't locking down a quick stretch four any better.
And when you come up against those smaller 4s, you can put… Oh wait, nvm. He’s on the couch.

I don't think Kay should be out there against those line ups, but Duop isn't locking down a quick stretch four any better. So he's basically just a spot up shooter who can't defend.

Not disagreeing it's not the best defensively but we weren't locking them down without him on the floor. The flip side is you create something different on the other end. If you played the right sets you should either be able to drag Powell out and open more space for the guards to drive or you're going to get open looks from three for one of the bigs.

An upgrade on Kay, who’s been cooked sincd Tokyo.
4 points and 3 rebounds?
Yeah, Reath does that within a quarter.

If that’s the respect he gets, not playing a single minute in the last quarter whilst Magnay and McVeigh are hilariously preferred, then Australia should’ve just said no, and he would be representing South Sudan this Olympics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one…

Yeah its a tough one. Obviously better than Kay offensively but just those few minutes he was on last night I can kinda see why he's not in the rotation, can't post to save himself and nowhere near the presence inside and on the boards he should be for his size.

France needing a bit of rigging to get past Japan lol. Have been very underwhelming.

Just watched the highlights. That foul late on the three to tie was some home cooking but Japan were very dumb late.

You cant foul intentionally late game in FIBA so they should just gave them the bucket and they would have won.

Also they had 10 seconds on the clock for the winning shot and their guard just dribbles out the clock and shoots a mid court 3 wtf.... dribble to your spot and take a midrange jumper you clown lol

Yeah its a tough one. Obviously better than Kay offensively but just those few minutes he was on last night I can kinda see why he's not in the rotation, can't post to save himself and nowhere near the presence inside and on the boards he should be for his size.

for all the shyte Kay gets on his output at the top level, he is the glue guy who gets in to the right position.

Ideal state is Landale is PF alongside a Bogut type and Kay is a 5-10 minute rotation player, instead of Jingles.

Kay helps the oversized Giddey and co to rebounds by blocking out, Reath doesn't. Fundamentally, Kay is a very good player, but undersized and under athletic at this level.

after sleeping on it, last night was probably what a lot of people thought we were going to get after watching the China warmups and the squad announcement.

You can go back and read the negativity in the thread, plenty of predictions of not winning a game etc

Then we put up some decent performances, Patty started hitting his shots and our hopes got up.

Same with last night, greeat first half then the 2nd.

for all the shyte Kay gets on his output at the top level, he is the glue guy who gets in to the right position.

Ideal state is Landale is PF alongside a Bogut type and Kay is a 5-10 minute rotation player, instead of Jingles.

Kay helps the oversized Giddey and co to rebounds by blocking out, Reath doesn't. Fundamentally, Kay is a very good player, but undersized and under athletic at this level.
Yep definitely missing that genuine 7 footer

after sleeping on it, last night was probably what a lot of people thought we were going to get after watching the China warmups and the squad announcement.

You can go back and read the negativity in the thread, plenty of predictions of not winning a game etc

Then we put up some decent performances, Patty started hitting his shots and our hopes got up.

Agree, after Greece dropping to Spain, we are actually in a pretty solid spot, a win against Greece seals the second round. But even then, we have a solid scenario for a second place finish.

Canada defeats Spain (we currently hold a +7 point differential over Spain)
The Boomers beat Greece or lose by less than 16.

Its pretty much exactly what I was expecting, even with the other warm ups and Spain game factored in.

Canada have a great roster, we're capable of it but would have taken something pretty special to beat them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back