Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Should seriously consider getting Roth as Australia coach if that is possible. This team is making so many mistakes I just haven’t seen watching the Jackjumpers. Could be my bias but his players never make dumb moves like half these players.

Bob Jane Tmart?

Half his team have been spudding it up all night.

****ing disgusting! Reath and Ingles need to see some court time. 3 ball shooters, getting killed inside with errors and inability to shoot.

I think people here are being a bit unrealistic. I thought this Olympics was always going to be tough because so many of our squad are at there last games or first games

Two straight tournaments where Goorj's lineups and inability to make painfully obvious changes on the fly is gonna cost us.
He's relying on things that happened four years ago instead of what's happening in front of him.

I think people here are being a bit unrealistic. I thought this Olympics was always going to be tough because so many of our squad are at there last games or first games
Not really. Greece while competent are not a team we should lose to, certainly not be pumped by. If you gave a good coach with no past connections with players I think we'd have a different squad and better results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have supported Goorjian as a coach for years (record speaks for itself) but he got the team selection dreadfully wrong and has now doubled down on it by utilising the worst strategy possible the last two games.

The strategy was always needing to be to force Giannis beat you by himself while you shut down the other 4 players on the floor. Instead, Walkup and Mitoglu have absolutely buried us.

Boomers should be able to account for Greece. But lack of movement and bone head decisions are costing them.

Not really. Greece while competent are not a team we should lose to, certainly not be pumped by. If you gave a good coach with no past connections with players I think we'd have a different squad and better results.
They have active players who are playing in a well drilled system

Delly and Ingles' selections don't sit well at all. Take them as assistant coaches, not players. Leaving out a defender like Thybulle for two guys well past it.

We are getting murdered on the boards, are 50% on free throws, and cannot hit the side of a barn from 3. So we're forced into drives into a packed paint where we're being picked off at will.

Delly has played 22 seconds, Ingles hasn't seen the floor, but there's no room in the team for Thybulle.

We are a long way off it, picking players past their prime. Time for a new coach and a stiff broom through the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back